Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 12:59 AM

4,009 posts, read 5,733,962 times

Advertisements

YouTube - It's 3AM, and John McCain needs to read an e-mail
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2008, 08:19 AM

509 posts, read 691,634 times
Its regrettable that a presidential candidate is unable to learn how to use a computer.

Is it a signal that his time is passed.
He should have been elected in 2000 when he was younger & he could have saved us from this administration.

Old 07-15-2008, 08:20 AM

540 posts, read 962,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LJS8510 View Post
yea but Can George Bush ???

I bet Bin Laden could read & send an email.
Not when he'd have a bunker buster coming down on him 10 minutes later.

Old 07-15-2008, 08:37 AM

1,176 posts, read 1,820,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LJS8510 View Post
Its regrettable that a presidential candidate is unable to learn how to use a computer.

Is it a signal that his time is passed.
He should have been elected in 2000 when he was younger & he could have saved us from this administration.
I hate to admit it but I am almost as old as McCain. My friends (same age) regularly communicate via email. I do almost all my shopping on the internet as well as searching for information on a variety of topics. I regularly bid on items on ebay and have a Paypal account. I have never seen it anywhere but from Obama supporters that McCain doesn't use a computer and even if true where does that translate to his being "unable to learn". Saying this about older people is as objectionable as saying that Blacks don't have the intelligence to learn to use a computer.

Old 07-15-2008, 08:48 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
My parents are in their 80s and we regularly communicate by email. Attachments, imbedded photos, all that stuff. Mack really should make an effort to get with it. PCs have been in widespread use for the past 20 years. That should have been plenty of time for a jet jockey like him to catch on to a commonly used bit of technology.

Is he a luddite?

Old 07-15-2008, 08:51 AM

5,524 posts, read 9,939,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VMH2507 View Post
I hate to admit it but I am almost as old as McCain. My friends (same age) regularly communicate via email. I do almost all my shopping on the internet as well as searching for information on a variety of topics. I regularly bid on items on ebay and have a Paypal account. I have never seen it anywhere but from Obama supporters that McCain doesn't use a computer and even if true where does that translate to his being "unable to learn". Saying this about older people is as objectionable as saying that Blacks don't have the intelligence to learn to use a computer.
It's either unable to or unwilling to and either one is a negative.

Old 07-15-2008, 08:58 AM

5,407 posts, read 7,795,499 times
I think they have made some machines to use iwth TVs that helps old people convert emails from computers easily, to keep them up with the times.

McCain could get one of those.

Old 07-15-2008, 09:03 AM

509 posts, read 691,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trzlucky View Post
Not when he'd have a bunker buster coming down on him 10 minutes later.

that would be nice to send Osama a bunker busting email

sorry,
I edited my response, not knowing you replied.

Old 07-15-2008, 09:21 AM

1,176 posts, read 1,820,094 times
I failed to mention that when I received my latest computer (ordered on line from Dell and delivered in a box to the door by UPS), I set it up and got up and running with no assistance from the younger generation. Please quit insulting us "old people"!

Old 07-15-2008, 09:41 AM

5,407 posts, read 7,795,499 times
John McCain, one of the the oldest candidates in presidential history, doesn't know how to use a computer, let alone the Internet. "I'm an illiterate who has to rely on my wife for all the assistance I can get," McCain responded when asked if he used a Mac or PC.
You don't actually have to use a computer to understand how it shapes the country," Soohoo says.
"You actually do," former Edwards blogger Tracy Russo responds, suggesting he try to explain Twitter to his grandmother and then ask her how that applies to governing.

"John McCain is aware of the Internet," says Soohoo. "This is a man who has a very long history of understanding on a range of issues."

"Aware" of the Internet?? You have got to be kidding me.

McCain & The Internets - Yahoo! News (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections