Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 09:49 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,443,995 times

Advertisements

As the failed Bush presidency clumsily stumbles towards its exit, it's clear that Dubya's legacy will be one of incompetence and missed opportunities. Amazingly, polls show that about 25% of the public still considers Bush to be performing well.

A casual study of this forum shows venomous daily attacks on Obama all out of proportion to anything he's said or done. These attacks are originating from a relative handful of posters. My hypothesis is that they're diehard bitter Dubyites. Further, I doubt that most would readily admit it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2008, 10:22 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Default Bush backers

They're lashing out in blind rage. Just as they've blindly gone along with the Bush agenda.

Old 07-23-2008, 10:32 AM

2,265 posts, read 3,733,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
As the failed Bush presidency clumsily stumbles towards its exit, it's clear that Dubya's legacy will be one of incompetence and missed opportunities. Amazingly, polls show that about 25% of the public still considers Bush to be performing well.

A casual study of this forum shows venomous daily attacks on Obama all out of proportion to anything he's said or done. These attacks are originating from a relative handful of posters. My hypothesis is that they're diehard bitter Dubyites. Further, I doubt that most would readily admit it.
Obama hasn't done anything that would qualify him to be President. I'm not a huge Bush supporter. Is approval could be 9% like the Democratically controlled congress.

Old 07-23-2008, 10:36 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paullySC View Post
Obama hasn't done anything that would qualify him to be President. I'm not a huge Bush supporter. Is approval could be 9% like the Democratically controlled congress.

"""Obama hasn't done anything that would qualify him to be President. ""

Neither has bush.........

Old 07-23-2008, 10:39 AM

2,265 posts, read 3,733,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post

While Bush isn't the brightest guy in the world he was at least a governor. Most of our presidents have been governors.
Before you say it no McCain isn't exactly a great.

Old 07-23-2008, 10:42 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,334,415 times
Quote:

But Bush isn't running.

Old 07-23-2008, 10:48 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,595,161 times
Wrong. Voting for McGeezer and I voted for whoever the heck was the libertarian in 2004 as a protest vote against cowboyism.

Funny thing. My pro Bush dad says my vote was a vote for Kerry. My pro Kerry friends said it was a vote for Bush. Funny how I voted for both of them at the same time while voting for neither.

Part of my dislike for Obama (not hate. I reserve hate for Osama Bin Loser and other terrorist types) is a combination of distaste for:
1) "The Boy Band like" lets make (IE artificially manufacture) a Democrat star nature of Obama
2) The spooky cult like following
3) While he may say he is semi centrist, Pelosi will make sure he gets lots of (unveto-able by a Democrat) leftist bills to sign.

Old 07-23-2008, 10:58 AM

540 posts, read 962,850 times
Obama = Bush

They may be ideologically different, but they share the same flaws.

Obama has about as much experience and knowledge of policy and how the world works as Bush did when he won the election in 2000.[/SIZE]

Both are to the extremes – Bush to the right and Obama to the left.

Both refuse to really take into consideration any questioning of the policies – Bush is the decider and for Obama, “The Buck stops with me.”

Both are stubborn when it comes to Iraq – It took way too long to get Bush to order the surge and it is taking Obama way too long to realize that his 16 month withdrawl isn’t viable.

Old 07-23-2008, 10:58 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,334,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
But Bush isn't running.
THANK GOD!!!!

Ken

Old 07-23-2008, 11:01 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,587,085 times
Quote:

So now you want to justify his candidacy by equating his qualifications to Bush. I'm sure you don't like the results of the Bush presidency so it's an interesting tactic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections