Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 12:52 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,112,238 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
I think obama should be wooing americans who don't support him, not europeans who can't vote for him.
Maybe a lot of Americans actually WANT our country to be once again admired and able to work with other countries to achieve common goals and are hungry to once again be proud of our president instead of flinching in shame every time he opens his mouth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2008, 01:08 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,852,058 times
speak for yourself. I wince in pain every time obama opens his mouth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
Maybe a lot of Americans actually WANT our country to be once again admired and able to work with other countries to achieve common goals and are hungry to once again be proud of our president instead of flinching in shame every time he opens his mouth.

Old 07-24-2008, 01:11 PM

9,059 posts, read 12,972,786 times
Ironic that Ron Paul supporters like myself are referred to as "isolationist" when I fully support presidential candidates winning the hearts and minds of foreigners and realizing that the US presidential campaign is GLOBAL, not domestic.

But, fear not. As America becomes more irrelevant economically and enters a living standard comparable to countries like Portugal, no one outside of America will really care about who is the next president of the United States. You should enjoy the press this campaign is getting internationally, because I can guarantee that it won't be repeated by the next decade.

Old 07-24-2008, 01:19 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,852,058 times
doesn't matter to me. I will buy some land in the mountains and live off it. president smesident!

Old 07-24-2008, 01:20 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,112,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
doesn't matter to me. I will buy some land in the mountains and live off it. president smesident!
Well then, since it doesn't matter to you, stay out of it and leave the election to those of us who have no interest in becoming hermits.

Old 07-24-2008, 01:25 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,159,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
Yes. And the rest of the world wants to be reassured that the US, leader of the planet, realizes we're all in this together, that we rise or fall together so let's all get with the program.

I dont see why this is hard for Some People to understand! Maybe they do and just wont admit it.

Old 07-24-2008, 01:25 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,754,781 times
European aren't voting but isn't it nice that he has left the country...maybe they can check his passport on the way back...

Old 07-24-2008, 01:36 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,600,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
European aren't voting but isn't it nice that he has left the country...maybe they can check his passport on the way back...
Umm...forget it.

Old 07-24-2008, 01:40 PM

1,348 posts, read 3,586,936 times
Well, this speech certainly didn't hurt. Great speech. Obama has the potential to go down in history as a phenomenal leader, like Lincoln or FDR.

Old 07-24-2008, 01:42 PM

4,147 posts, read 8,003,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsburg View Post
With all of the American press following him in Europe, how can you say that his tour ISN'T influencing voters in America?
No polls are showing anything!

Oh wait he was just walking through woods in Germany and saw a mic and jumped on up as a regular Joe American citizen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections