Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do You Consider Yourself A Citizen Of The World
Yes 10 18.18%
No, I'm a citizen of the United States 24 43.64%
I'm first a citizen of the World and Then I'm a citizen of the United States 3 5.45%
I'm first a citizen of the United States and Then I'm a citizen of the World 12 21.82%
I consider myself equal of both 6 10.91%
Not Sure 0 0%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2008, 12:06 AM

3,301 posts, read 6,327,610 times

Advertisements

Obama's Trip Backfires; McCain Surges to 4-Point Lead in USA Today/Gallup Poll
Newsmax.com - Obama's Trip Backfires; McCain Surges to 4-Point Lead in USA Today/Gallup Poll (http://www.newsmax.com/headlines/Obama_McCain_gallup_USA/2008/07/28/117094.html?s=al&promo_code=66D2-1 - broken link)

A surprising poll released Monday confirms Sen. Barack Obama's worst nightmare: he actually lost ground to Sen. John McCain after a global trip meant to buck up his sagging credentials in foreign and military policy.

The USA Today/Gallup poll has McCain leading Obama by four points, 49 percent to Obama's 45 percent, among likely voters.

Just last month, the same poll had McCain trailing by six points to the neophyte U.S. senator.

Among registered voters, McCain was just three points behind Obama -- a statistical dead heat.

The USA Today/Gallup poll is consistent with the Rasmussen tracking poll, which also shows Obama ahead by just three percentage points -- again a statistical tie.

The polls suggest that Obama's efforts to act like a president abroad -- even though he has yet to be elected -- may have backfired among American voters.

In Berlin, Obama spoke to 200,000 cheering Germans. The Democratic candidate used the foreign platform to express the view that he was a "fellow citizen of the world" and apologized for America's imperfections.

Newsmax.com - Obama's Trip Backfires; McCain Surges to 4-Point Lead in USA Today/Gallup Poll (http://www.newsmax.com/headlines/Obama_McCain_gallup_USA/2008/07/28/117094.html?s=al&promo_code=66D2-1 - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2008, 12:08 AM

5,032 posts, read 12,611,786 times
Obama was apologizing for you!

Old 07-30-2008, 12:13 AM

3,301 posts, read 6,327,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happ View Post
Obama was apologizing for you!
Are you trying to insult me? That's a no... no in this forum. LOL

(Coming from you, I take it a complement. Thanks!!)

Old 07-30-2008, 05:38 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
Of course it back fires...if you want the rest of the world to believe that 200.000 people were only there for Obama and in the US the 75.000 in that stadium were also only there for him...in both cases there was a pop concert in Obama came during the break and in Germany there was on top of that a beer festival going on.....nice try Obama but we can read more languages!!!

Old 07-30-2008, 05:48 AM

3,326 posts, read 5,340,701 times
Obama lost my vote last few days due to not wanting to drill for oil,no nuke power among other reasons.

I supported Hillary and jumped to his camp since he was the candidate but he wasnt who I thought will not go with Mccain but will go Independent or will write in Hillary.

Independent vote will be the win or lose vote . At this point its anyones race to win.

Old 07-30-2008, 05:56 AM

1,867 posts, read 4,078,692 times
So sad that people focus on these idiocies than on their own economic future. Hello people, Obama was born here, raised here and is a patriot! As am I, though I hate many of our policies.

Do you really want another four years of the same policies when our country is going down the tubes? Another RECORD deficit of what was it? over $500 BILLION dollars? Sounds almost like a Dr Evil demand.

Stop focusing on this moronic nonsense and look out for your financial interests. And McCain, the new oil man in town, aint it.

Old 07-30-2008, 05:57 AM

1,113 posts, read 1,815,046 times
Yay ProupCap's back! With a stunning thread, too! The third one citing the same poll!

Old 07-30-2008, 05:59 AM

2,153 posts, read 5,538,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quelinda View Post
So sad that people focus on these idiocies than on their own economic future. Hello people, Obama was born here, raised here and is a patriot! As am I, though I hate many of our policies.

Do you really want another four years of the same policies when our country is going down the tubes? Another RECORD deficit of what was it? over $500 BILLION dollars? Sounds almost like a Dr Evil demand.

Stop focusing on this moronic nonsense and look out for your financial interests. And McCain, the new oil man in town, aint it.
Isn't there some study out that says McCain is better for our financial interests than Obama?

Old 07-30-2008, 06:14 AM

2,793 posts, read 6,123,478 times
Too bad that international a-kisser didn't stay in Europe. He belongs there.

Obama has no chance come November. And that is saying something looking at McCain.

Old 07-30-2008, 06:20 AM

509 posts, read 691,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiso View Post
Obama lost my vote last few days due to not wanting to drill for oil,no nuke power among other reasons.

I supported Hillary and jumped to his camp since he was the candidate but he wasnt who I thought will not go with Mccain but will go Independent or will write in Hillary.

Independent vote will be the win or lose vote . At this point its anyones race to win.

That is what McCain has said about Obama.
I have heard Obama say many times nuclear power is option. But unlike McCain he thinks it's important to know where the spent fuel is stored.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections