Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2008, 10:04 AM

2,260 posts, read 3,881,815 times

Advertisements

Yet here you sit in this great country with the right to shove a hangar in your stomach and terminate a beating heart

if you choose

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
I had to rep you for that one. Not only did you make me laugh, ITA. This government has real issues that they have ignored to the point that this country is on the verge of collapse. A woman's choice to give birth or NOT is not their business and outlawing abortions will merely serve to return us to the days of back room alley procedures.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2008, 10:06 AM

Politically I think he should oppose roe wade to secure his right wing base. I think thats what hes doing and it is

right

Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
So what do you think Senator McCain should or will do? Which position do you think he should take?

Old 08-01-2008, 10:07 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,159,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan61 View Post
Yet here you sit in this great country with the right to shove a hangar in your stomach and terminate a beating heart

if you choose
And to use contraceptives if you choose and teach your own children if you choose. All protected by the same interpretation of the 14th Amendment.

Old 08-01-2008, 10:12 AM

1,113 posts, read 1,815,197 times
Quote:

if you choose
I've never quite understood the coat hanger thing. Is the idea that you're supposed to shove it up in there, hook the fetus with the end, and drag it out?

Old 08-01-2008, 10:13 AM

Not sure, Im a guy. As long as it doesnt happen during football season i could GAF

Old 08-01-2008, 10:15 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,665,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsburg View Post
I've never quite understood the coat hanger thing. Is the idea that you're supposed to shove it up in there, hook the fetus with the end, and drag it out?
Yes. It's incredibly dangerous and promotes infection (even though previous poster seems to think you would do it through your stomach ) The coat hanger is somehow supposed to break the amniotic sac, but it's incredibly easy to perforate the uterus instead.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unsafe_abortion
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-induced_abortion

Old 08-01-2008, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsburg View Post
In the days when it was illegal for a doctor perform an AB in a clinic or hospital setting, women died trying to give themselves ABs by various means, or by trusting some unskilled person working in the back of his or her car or second bedroom (for example). Imnot sure if some back-alley AB-ists actually used coat hangers but it's become the shorthand symbol.

Old 08-01-2008, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
Yes. It's incredibly dangerous and promotes infection (even though previous poster seems to think you would do it through your stomach ) The coat hanger is somehow supposed to break the amniotic sac, but it's incredibly easy to perforate the uterus instead.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unsafe_abortion
Self-induced abortion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Thanks () for the good info.

Old 08-01-2008, 10:20 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times
Quote:

if you choose
No, the hangars come out when abortion is outlawed....

but not for rich women.

The repubs can attack poor women and try to keep them down but rich women(and this includes christian rich women) will always be able to have safe clean abortions.....that's equality????

Old 08-01-2008, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Not sure, Im a guy. As long as it doesnt happen during football season i could GAF
evidently you do GAF enough to come down on one side of the issue. Knee-jerk reaction or carefully weighed decision?

It's too bad but people are going to want/need to have abortions. They always have and they always will. Outlawing them will never make them stop as was pointed out succinctly above. The same way they're going to want or need contraceptives, also protected by the same fed amendment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections