Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2008, 12:13 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,978,568 times

Advertisements

I heard a comparison of the Obama and McCain tax plans on the radio this morning.
Obama will ONLY raise taxes for people making more than $200,000.
He promises not to increase taxes for the rest of us and many making under $200,000 will see a tax REDUCTION.

McCain refuses to take tax increases for those making under $200,000 off the table.
Well, someone has to support his continuation of the Bush Endless War strategy.
McCain was asked if he will reinstate the draft.
He said no.
Then he was asked how he could get more kids to join the military because he certainly would not WANT to continue to pile tour on top of tour the way Bush has.
He said the military must be made more attractive than other things.
Yeah, right, with all those jobs going offshore it is the only place where some kids can find employment.

I think he's a twisted and heartless old man.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2008, 12:23 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,854,688 times
someone has a present for you.

Old 08-09-2008, 02:47 PM

15,402 posts, read 28,956,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
I heard a comparison of the Obama and McCain tax plans on the radio this morning.
Obama will ONLY raise taxes for people making more than $200,000.
He promises not to increase taxes for the rest of us and many making under $200,000 will see a tax REDUCTION.

McCain refuses to take tax increases for those making under $200,000 off the table.
Yup, that's some table. I sure hope voters take a good long look at all the goodies that have been piled up on that table before they cast their ballots.

I wish Stephanopolous would ask McCain some questions he'd have to answer no--just to demonstrate that saying "something is on the table" means he's going to do it. Like this:

Stephanopolous: Here's a gun. Are you going to shoot off your left foot with it?

McCain: What? No, of course not. I have no intention of ever doing such a thing!

Stephanopolous: So does that mean it's on the table?

McCain: I'm not going to shoot myself.

Stephanopolous: OK, what about pouring this hot cup of coffee in your lap?

McCain: I would never do that, either.

Stephanopolous: So does that mean it's on the table?

McCain: Why would I say something dumb like that? Don't be ridiculous--of course I would never do such a thing, that's why I told you I would never do it.

Old 08-13-2008, 02:21 PM

15,402 posts, read 28,956,931 times
I really hope they push this issue in the debates.

Old 08-13-2008, 02:34 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,570,586 times
this is funny because the man who you think will raise your taxes is not a DEMOCRAT!

Old 08-13-2008, 02:37 PM

7,730 posts, read 14,162,407 times
McCain was against Bush's tax cuts originally because there wasn't a cut in spending to match. I think this is consistent. Taxes at some point need to be raised unless we're going to continue to finance our empire and domestic policies through debt. No one wants to cut spending.

Old 08-13-2008, 02:45 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,570,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
McCain was against Bush's tax cuts originally because there wasn't a cut in spending to match. I think this is consistent. Taxes at some point need to be raised unless we're going to continue to finance our empire and domestic policies through debt. No one wants to cut spending.
paperhouse who cuts taxes in the middle of two Wars? We are bleeding money in Iraq left and right. We are going to have to at the very least let the tax cuts expire to bring some balance in our budget.

Old 08-13-2008, 02:47 PM

7,730 posts, read 14,162,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
paperhouse who cuts taxes in the middle of two Wars? We are bleeding money in Iraq left and right. We are going to have to at the very least let the tax cuts expire to bring some balance in our budget.
I didn't say I agree with Bush's tax cuts. McCain didn't either. And for the reasons you listed, we are going to have to raise taxes somewhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections