Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 01:43 PM

1,490 posts, read 2,254,756 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Point? What's really swimming around in there. A human of course.

But I guess even when a live baby comes out of the womb, they don't have rights according to infanticide supporter obama.
I think that smear has been discredited already, so let it go.

As far as abortion...I am not an abortion supporter, neither is Senator Obama, but he is here to uphold the rights of US citizens, and in the case of a pregnant women she is the one who has the right to make the decision whether or not to continue on with her pregnancy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2008, 01:45 PM

31,687 posts, read 41,084,323 times
If we accept what many of the posters here are saying that there is one truth and only one truth on the topic of abortion and that it begins at conception. Then should we not assume that if McCain selects a pro Choice VP that person is guilty of blasphemy and unfit for office and leadership in our United States. A baby murderer for VP? If I am guilty then not them? I can see the ticket now:
McCain and the Baby Murderer.

I hope all of you remember your position and remain true if he does select a Pro Choice candidate. Obamatrons remember to check to make sure there is no flip flopping.

Old 08-24-2008, 02:13 PM

1,827 posts, read 2,591,845 times
[quote=vickilynn;4979362]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Guess you've never seen an 8 week baby in the womb.

QUOTE]

I have five children of my own...I have seen ultrasounds, yes. Your point is?
Were they human or tyrannosauruses at that point?

Old 08-24-2008, 02:16 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,997,691 times
Vicki; I guess you haven't seen the ACTUAL documents from obama's committee? The comparison of the federal language vs the Ill senate language (they are the same btw)? The votes that obama cast on this issue?

If you have enlightened yourself with the actual facts on this issue, there would be no doubt in your mind.

Old 08-24-2008, 02:23 PM

I have enlightened myself with the facts, and there are no doubts in my mind. (I have read several other articles not from the campaign also...with the documents and so forth.)
Barack Obama | Change We Can Believe In |

Old 08-24-2008, 02:32 PM

7,629 posts, read 16,470,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vickilynn View Post
I have enlightened myself with the facts, and there are no doubts in my mind. (I have read several other articles not from the campaign also...with the documents and so forth.)
Barack Obama | Change We Can Believe In |
If you (or anyone else) is going to state "facts" from a site...do you REALLY think it fair to list the ACCUSED site as reference???

Can you post info from somewhere other than HIS site to back your claim that this is not a fact???

Lots of different sources available, choose any of them to back the claim.

I promise, in return, I will not quote John McCains site as "proof" of claims against him....fair???

Old 08-24-2008, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
If you (or anyone else) is going to state "facts" from a site...do you REALLY think it fair to list the ACCUSED site as reference???

Can you post info from somewhere other than HIS site to back your claim that this is not a fact???

Lots of different sources available, choose any of them to back the claim.

I promise, in return, I will not quote John McCains site as "proof" of claims against him....fair???
Fair, yes...but not many posters bother to read the articles linked, and sometimes you have to read through a lot of information on those links before finding what you need. I posted the Obama link because there is a lot of information (accurate information) on that site which discredits all of the other smears aimed at Obama also.

Old 08-24-2008, 02:47 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,581,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
he said it, and must live with it. just like mccain said bomb iran, and it was taken out of context for how long? people are going to take these quotes and run with them.
I can see why it was taken out of context. To me, his Bomb Iran song was about as smart as if Obama had answered that question "Fetus, uncertain when it's life....fetus, let's end it with a knife" to the tune of "Colonel Bogey March". This should be a very entertaining campaign indeed!

Old 08-24-2008, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
I can see why it was taken out of context. To me, his Bomb Iran song was about as smart as if Obama had answered that question "Fetus, uncertain when it's life....fetus, let's end it with a knife" to the tune of "Colonel Bogey March". This should be a very entertaining campaign indeed!
Which brings us to the question of presidential bluster as articulated by Biden yesterday. What are the consequences of bluster for the American Nation when heard by others in the world?
US warship carrying aid supplies reaches Georgia - Yahoo! News (broken link)
In Europe, French President Nicolas Sarkozy said he would convene a special meeting of European Union leaders over the crisis as Russia ignored Western accusations it has fallen short of its commitment to withdraw forces from its smaller neighbor.

What does this mean the brave, bold blustery US is not invited to the discussion? Why not NATO we belong to that? Are we invited? Someone can you please say we are? I mean McCain gave straight shooting talk about Georgia and Abortion and the world was listening! Is abortion legal in Europe? Are they Christians? Bush wanted regime change in the world will McCain want religion change?

European countries

Are we going to be going it alone again? I hope not I truly don't by why not NATO?

Old 08-24-2008, 03:05 PM

FYI please find attached a list of abortion laws by European country. There is a growning Right to Life movement in Europe and I am sure the governments there would love to partner with an American Presidency dedicated to Right To Life policies.
Summary of European Abortion Laws
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections