Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2008, 07:28 PM

9,059 posts, read 12,971,196 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post

YouTube - Obama Says China's Infrastructure Is Better Suited Than U.S.

Great infrastructure, right?

That's fine and dandy for a communist nation that oppresses it's people, oppresses religion, takes what it will from it's people, one-baby rule, has the highest rate of polution in the world, employs slave labor in it's industries, no labor unions allowed, no basic regulations and rules to govern all that infrastructure, censors it's press and the media at the Olympics, including the internet.

Not to mention that the majority of the population lives in the countryside without basic services and just barely getting by.

Obama, really, you need some "heartland" people working on your campaign.
Funny...real conservatives don't like unions. But, like another liberal McCain supporter, you're showing your true colors.

China is better off than we are. That's why I invest much of my money there and very little here. When we get our debts straight away, I'll change my philosophy. Until then, I'm going to go where the money is.

Evidence of slave labor please? Slavery is illegal in most civilized countries, China included. Those workers don't have to work there.

Stop being dramatic, man up to our deficiencies and do something about them instead of being jealous of China's success over us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2008, 07:28 PM

2,662 posts, read 3,828,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BK2Westchester View Post
How you can write that the human suffering due to Hurricane Katrina was not compounded 100 times over by this countrys lack of infastructure is disgusting.

Property damage due to the Hurricane, YES.

Humans suffering and dying for that long without our governments ability to deliver BASIC NECCESSITES like water, food, and shelter was a lack of comprehensive infastructure.

Were you alseep when the news blasted across our televisions the lack of services this country wasn't prepared to deliver in a time of extreme need by AMERICANS?

Did you see Bush get up there a say Brown was doing a GREAT JOB?

amazing
And watched as mayor idled his buses and didn't use the roads. You can lead one to infrastructure but you can't make them use it. The infrastructure was there but sometimes one can't overcome stupid local gov't.

Old 08-22-2008, 07:29 PM

1,490 posts, read 2,252,387 times
Our infrastructure is crumbling...we can't build a healthy economy until we invest in our infrastructure.

Old 08-22-2008, 07:38 PM

1,836 posts, read 3,183,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LNTT_Vacationer View Post
And watched as mayor idled his buses and didn't use the roads. You can lead one to infrastructure but you can't make them use it. The infrastructure was there but sometimes one can't overcome stupid local gov't.
your ignorance is amazing. The levee breaches were the reason for the devastating floods. Thats FAILED INFASTRUCTURE.

Old 08-22-2008, 07:45 PM

1,827 posts, read 2,589,014 times
Quote:
your ignorance is amazing. The levee breaches were the reason for the devastating floods. Thats FAILED INFASTRUCTURE.
It was a cat 3 hurricane, the IDIOTS were told to vacate. Levees can hold only so much. The Chocolate City white looking black mayor did NOTHING. Those who didn't decided to stay and SHOOT at law enforcement. Only an IDIOT would live BELOW sea level in a hurricane prone area. Darwin was right on this one.

Old 08-22-2008, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingsOfGold View Post
It was a cat 3 hurricane, the IDIOTS were told to vacate. Levees can hold only so much. The Chocolate City white looking black mayor did NOTHING. Those who didn't decided to stay and SHOOT at law enforcement. Only an IDIOT would live BELOW sea level in a hurricane prone area. Darwin was right on this one.
So you're saying everyone in New Orleans is an idiot for living there?? wow

All those elderly and poor people with no means of transpotation ordered to "vacate" are just stupid black folk too, huh?

Oh, and the THOUSANDS who DID evacuate to the Dome or Convention center AS PER FEMA'S plan were just idiots. The Dome and Center were a disgrace! That was an american response on our soil???

Yeah, you Bushies stood behind him while he praised Brownie.

American infastructure is a disgrace! I live in NYC and our Roads are HORRENDOUS. We are prone to BLACKOUTS like when I had to walk for THREE HOURS to get home in 90 degree weather.

Our power grids are overwhelmed, our energy bills are outrageous, and oil has closed businesses down.

Yeah, you keep praising our infastructure.

I absolutey HATE China's human rights record. But i can't imagine being responsible for ONE BILLION plus human beings when we struggle with 300 million.

Last edited by BK2Westchester; 08-22-2008 at 08:14 PM..

Old 08-22-2008, 08:10 PM

1,050 posts, read 1,930,543 times
It's not just China ... compared to many european countries, much of our infastructure are subpar at best. We're America. We ought to be better. Where all the $$$ go? Aren't we the richest country in the world?

Old 08-22-2008, 08:29 PM

Quote:
So you're saying everyone in New Orleans is an idiot for living there?? wow

All those elderly and poor people with no means of transpotation ordered to "vacate" are just stupid black folk too, huh?

Oh, and the THOUSANDS who DID evacuate to the Dome or Convention center AS PER FEMA'S plan were just idiots. The Dome and Center were a disgrace! That was an american response on our soil???

Yeah, you Bushies stood behind him while he praised Brownie.

American infastructure is a disgrace! I live in NYC and our Roads are HORRENDOUS. We are prone to BLACKOUTS like when I had to walk for THREE HOURS to get home in 90 degree weather.

Our power grids are overwhelmed, our energy bills are outrageous, and oil has closed businesses down.

Yeah, you keep praising our infastructure.

I absolutey HATE China's human rights record. But i can't imagine being responsible for ONE BILLION plus human beings when we struggle with 300 million.
Put it this way, anyone staying there with at the time a cat 4 bearing down on them were idiots, white, black, purple or green. The off white mayor did nothing, the Gov did nothing, the fed said get the hell out.

Who's praising anything? Our energy bills are CHEAP Roscoe compared to the Euro's you're praising so much.

Oh noes, you had to walk 3 hours in the heat? I be feelin bad for ya, here's a dime to call someone who cares. What about the other 364 days?

Guess what? The Chinese aren't exactly responsible for the billion either, you think they care? They die, they make fertilizer, crab bait or dog food out of them. They don't care, you wouldn't last a week there......it's hot and the masses have NO air conditioning you know.

Old 08-22-2008, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingsOfGold View Post
The off white mayor did nothing
It's hard to debate a racist. yeah i said it!

Bottom line, our infastructure is crumbling. you can't intelligently debate that.

Old 08-22-2008, 08:37 PM

Quote:
It's hard to debate a racist. yeah i said it!

Bottom line, our infastructure is crumbling. you can't intelligently debate that.

You mean the Chocolate City mayor? Sucks to be always wrong I bet.

BTW it's infrastructure, you can't intelligently spell it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections