Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who has a better command of Foreign Policy?
Senator Biden 30 52.63%
Senator McCain 27 47.37%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2008, 05:48 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,623,334 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
Biden is going to beat McCain into the ground using McCain's experience and record. This is just him clearing his throat. When McCain complains that Biden is going for personal attacks, Biden will agree that he will stick to the issues. At that point, he will go for the kill.
Senator McCain's recent grasp of what should be routine factual data regarding foreign affairs and policy leave much to be desired. He may be outmatched, and Senator Biden will clearly make him angry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2008, 05:50 PM

835 posts, read 1,323,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
I acknowledged that I went off topic. The Moderator deleted my post. I also said I feel sorry for you. That was deleted as well. You posted information with no source. Your opinion of Senator Obama - is off topic, the thread discusses Senator's Biden and McCain.
I offered links to my OP in post #23 after you asked for them. I also provided a link to disprove your accusation of McCain in post #31.
No reason to feel sorry for me my life and family and the buisness I own are all thriving. Yes I answered your topic and added a bit...I thought I said that already. What is your point?
Here are the links since it looks like you did not see them.
http://www.plagiarismtoday.com/2008/...arism-scandal/
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv...enzy/biden.htm
http://www.famousplagiarists.com/politics.htm (broken link)
http://rightwingnews.com/mt331/2008/...ous_plagia.php
http://article.nationalreview.com/?q...YwOGJmYzNjMTY=
http://tpmelectioncentral.talkingpoi...biden_airs.php
http://www.plagiarismtoday.com/2008/...arism-scandal/

Last edited by artifice; 08-23-2008 at 06:01 PM..

Old 08-23-2008, 06:22 PM

Default Does this help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by artifice View Post
I offered links to my OP in post #23 after you asked for them. I also provided a link to disprove your accusation of McCain in post #31.
No reason to feel sorry for me my life and family and the buisness I own are all thriving. Yes I answered your topic and added a bit...I thought I said that already. What is your point?
Here are the links since it looks like you did not see them.
The McCain Plagiarism Scandal - PlagiarismToday
Washingtonpost.com Special Report: Clinton Accused
Famous Plagiarists.com © WarOnPlagiarism.org-- Political Profiles (http://www.famousplagiarists.com/politics.htm - broken link)
Obama's Veep Pick: Famous Plagiarist Joe Biden?! Bwa Ha Ha!! - Right Wing News (Conservative News and Views)
Jim Geraghty on Joe Biden vs. Barack Obama on National Review Online
TPM Election Central | Talking Points Memo | New McCain Ad Hits Biden, Airs Footage Of Him Saying He'd Run With McCain
The McCain Plagiarism Scandal - PlagiarismToday
Ok...um, thanks? wrong thread? off topic?.....

Biden, in a July interview, said he would choose Obama's judgment over John McCain's war record and foreign policy experience.
"But 20 years of experience that has not been very solid in terms of projecting what was going to happen just doesn't make you a better commander-in-chief," Biden said. "We don't need as a commander-in-chief a war hero. John's a war hero. We need someone with some wisdom."
SOURCE

Who appears to have a better command of Foreign Policy - Senator Biden or Senator McCain?

There are plenty of plagiarism threads. This isn't one. I'm sorry you missed your time or turn on the plagiarism day. This thread can be a tough topic to discuss, perhaps you should start a plagiarism thread.

Old 08-23-2008, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Ok...um, thanks? wrong thread? off topic?.....
Who appears to have a better command of Foreign Policy - Senator Biden or Senator McCain?
The question of your topic....

Quote:
There are plenty of plagiarism threads. This isn't one. I'm sorry you missed your time or turn on the plagiarism day. This thread can be a tough topic to discuss, perhaps you should start a plagiarism thread.
You asked me about the plagiarism. I responded and refuted your claims and so now you offer the above...
You lack the fortitude to debate me, as everytime I challenge you and prove you to be wrong you change topic.

Quote:
So what kind of Policy advisor are you if you spent two years fighting for something that you say is a failure? Biden is a failure at foreign policy!
My answer from the OP as well as one other.

What is off topic? You went off topic with your questions and because you lack the fortitude to carry on a debate you blame me, and change the topic. I respond to your change of the topic and you fall back to your original line of "I didn't stay on topic". I have offered links and refuted your claims and so now you pose a personal attack in this post. I said before I am sorry that I am not as ill-informed as others. You can continue to blame me or try to make me look foolish, but I will continue to post the facts and the truth. I have spent years debating politics as several from my father's side of the family serve in public office. You can change topic and wriggle around but facts are persistent little things.
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]

Old 08-23-2008, 07:04 PM

27,219 posts, read 46,821,519 times
That is a no brainer...McCain of course.

Old 08-23-2008, 07:24 PM

Default What's next? The POW - foreign policy defense?

Quote:
The question of your topic....

You asked me about the plagiarism. I responded and refuted your claims and so now you offer the above...
You lack the fortitude to debate me, as everytime I challenge you and prove you to be wrong you change topic.

My answer from the OP as well as one other.

What is off topic? You went off topic with your questions and because you lack the fortitude to carry on a debate you blame me, and change the topic. I respond to your change of the topic and you fall back to your original line of "I didn't stay on topic". I have offered links and refuted your claims and so now you pose a personal attack in this post. I said before I am sorry that I am not as ill-informed as others. You can continue to blame me or try to make me look foolish, but I will continue to post the facts and the truth. I have spent years debating politics as several from my father's side of the family serve in public office. You can change topic and wriggle around but facts are persistent little things.
Umm, ok. In the meantime you can either stick with your fortitude defense or address the thread topic, or go to the plagiarism threads and have a ball. I've said more than once that I'm sorry for you as well, what more can I do...

I'm betting Senator McCain's recent POW "defense" doesn't work with Senator Biden. He'll be able to go toe to toe with Senator McCain (if he's up to it) otherwise we'll end up seeing a new version of the same.

Wonder how he'll phrase it this time...

"When Dems attacked McCain’s healthcare plan in May, McCain responded by noting his background as a prisoner of war.

Asked by a local reporter about the first thing that comes to his mind when he thinks of Pittsburgh, McCain responded by talking about his background as a prisoner of war.

Accused of possibly having heard the questions in advance of Rick Warren’s recent candidate forum, the McCain campaign responded by highlighting McCain’s background as a prisoner of war."

Old 08-23-2008, 07:46 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,182,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
The false premise that Democrats "voted for the war too" is laughable at best. The resolution gave Bush power to go to war as a last result,after all forms of diplomacy had been exhausted. Many of those who voted "yes" said they put their trust in Bush to go that route, and avoid war.

Bush took those votes, kicked the inspectors out, and went into Iraq without knowing the difference between a baathist and bathtub.

It would be nice, if the right wing chickenhawks could finally own up to Iraq, but it looks as if they are too cowardly to man up and admit it was their war from day one.
It is nice to see the repugs reminded of the facts which they , of course, will ignore....I haven't seen one in here present a fact yet....

Old 08-23-2008, 08:09 PM

525 posts, read 1,853,187 times
McCain

Old 08-23-2008, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Umm, ok. In the meantime you can either stick with your fortitude defense or address the thread topic, or go to the plagiarism threads and have a ball. I've said more than once that I'm sorry for you as well, what more can I do...
Admit that you are wrong! Since I have proved it time and time again.... I have addressed the thread topic already and I will continue to address your disdainful theatrics.

Old 08-23-2008, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
It is nice to see the repugs reminded of the facts which they , of course, will ignore....I haven't seen one in here present a fact yet....
Senator McCain - “[O]n the transcendent issues, the most important issues of our day, I’ve been totally in agreement and support of President Bush.”
Source
Lovely - Senator Biden couldn't ask for a nicer VP gift.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections