Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2008, 01:04 PM

1,558 posts, read 2,598,254 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
It's not "Swiftboating" if it's TRUE...Exposing Obama's shady associations is truth exposing.

The Democrats have adopted Republican tactics well. Fear mongering the public that we'll be in war for 100 years (ya know, despite the fact that McCain will be a one term president), and that women will lose all their "rights."
actually its mccain who said that well be at war for the next 100 years and that he will overturn roe/wade

so wouldnt that just be TRUTH EXPOSING?!?!?!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2008, 01:14 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishy View Post
actually its mccain who said that well be at war for the next 100 years and that he will overturn roe/wade

so wouldnt that just be TRUTH EXPOSING?!?!?!

Well, fortunately, a four year president doesn't have the power to keep us anywhere at war for ONE HUNDRED YEARS.... especially not one as old as McCain.

And fortunately, "he" cannot overturn Roe v. Wade.

Indeed, the religious right NEEDS Roe v. Wade as much as Pro-Choice people.

"Roe," despite being quite watered down and not nearly as important as its subsequent modifiers, is a fundraising goldmine for both sides of the debate. How many years now have Republicans said they were going to overturn Roe v. Wade? I just laugh at religious types who keep going Republican under the hopes that "this time" they'll get their wish.

Kind of like a healthcare advocate believing the Democrats care about UHC.

Old 08-25-2008, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishy View Post
i understand this, but for her to become vp she should have known the the repugs would repeat "obama would not make a good president" 24/7 on fox news

Isn't that what you DO in a primary? Say the other guy won't make a good president? Am I missing something?

How isthat any different than any previous primary?

Again, glad she isn't on the ticket, because it would have been a slight dilemma for me, but he can't stand to not be everyone's #1. Like it or not, Hillary has a huge following and her supporters would look to HER for leadership and guidance on policy, and let him play act on stage, channeling dead presidents and men greater than he (Lincoln, JFK/RFK/MLK) and making speeches.

Old 08-25-2008, 01:20 PM

479 posts, read 879,451 times
Would you have liked a Clinton/Obama ticket or been repulsed still?
Quote:
Isn't that what you DO in a primary? Say the other guy won't make a good president? Am I missing something?

How isthat any different than any previous primary?

Again, glad she isn't on the ticket, because it would have been a slight dilemma for me, but he can't stand to not be everyone's #1. Like it or not, Hillary has a huge following and her supporters would look to HER for leadership and guidance on policy, and let him play act on stage, channeling dead presidents and men greater than he (Lincoln, JFK/RFK/MLK) and making speeches.

Old 08-25-2008, 01:24 PM

1,555 posts, read 1,979,338 times
[quote=TriMT7;4991285]

.................................................. ............................................
Here's the danger: it is very likely that the next President will appoint 1 or 2 justices to the Supreme Court. If it's McCain, then Roe v Wade could be in some trouble.

Old 08-25-2008, 01:37 PM

1,558 posts, read 2,598,254 times
Quote:
Like it or not, Hillary has a huge following and her supporters would look to HER for leadership and guidance on policy, and let him play act on stage, channeling dead presidents and men greater than he (Lincoln, JFK/RFK/MLK) and making speeches.
if they are as loyal are youre suggesting, they should do what shes doing and support obama

Old 08-25-2008, 01:41 PM

[quote=KLDanford;4991405]
Quote:

.................................................. ............................................
Here's the danger: it is very likely that the next President will appoint 1 or 2 justices to the Supreme Court. If it's McCain, then Roe v Wade could be in some trouble.

And to what end? What happened in SOUTH DAKOTA when the conservative legislature tried to restrict abortions? It didn't go over too well. Again, most people believe in Safe, legal, rare.

Quite frankly, I'm mostly pro-choice, but believe that some restrictions SHOULD be placed on it, such as late term abortions...so do a majority of Americans. (Though I belive the baby, if viable, should be extracted ALIVE and kept ALIVE).

Old 08-25-2008, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queens2QueenCity View Post
Would you have liked a Clinton/Obama ticket or been repulsed still?

I would not have been happy given his mud slinging in the elections, but would have voted for that ticket because it would have given him a chance to "learn" and get some presidential credentials for a run in 2016.

Old 08-25-2008, 01:46 PM

[quote=TriMT7;4991632]
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLDanford View Post

And to what end? What happened in SOUTH DAKOTA when the conservative legislature tried to restrict abortions? It didn't go over too well. Again, most people believe in Safe, legal, rare.

Quite frankly, I'm mostly pro-choice, but believe that some restrictions SHOULD be placed on it, such as late term abortions...so do a majority of Americans. (Though I belive the baby, if viable, should be extracted ALIVE and kept ALIVE).
"To What End" they would try to strike down Roe v Wade is a good question. I suppose that's a question for a pro-lifer. Some people are just completely against abortion at any stage, period. They don't seem to see the repercussions of illegal abortions, etc because it wouldn't just stop. But I agree with you. I am definitely pro-choice but within that term I certainly am against late term abortions.

Old 08-25-2008, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLDanford View Post
I waiting Georgia Dem...help me out here Tell me why you support McCain - Tell me how his policies are even in the same UNIVERSE as Clinton. Especially when she herself admitted that she and Barack were very like-minded...
Stiiiiilllllllllllllllll waiting Georgia Dem. I really want to know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections