Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 04:41 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,914,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterinAmerica View Post
You just have to love that sisterly solidarity.

I got mine, and screw everybody else? Spoken like a true Republican. We Dems won't miss you.
i think that the democrats need every vote that they can get in this election so you might miss her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2008, 05:08 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,464,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by da jammer View Post

YouTube - Clinton Supporter Thrown Out of Rules Committee Meeting (whoa!! throwin' out a little racial junk there huh ma'am?)

YouTube - DNC Rules & Bylaws Protest 1

I'd have to say that if these two ladies are indicative of how many Hillary supporters feel this indeed may be a tough road to hoe for the O dude.
She made it very clear......the more bad things you see about someone the more I get scared.

Old 08-24-2008, 05:26 AM

3,353 posts, read 4,965,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
i think that the democrats need every vote that they can get in this election so you might miss her.
That's true, that's why I posted the thread!

Old 08-24-2008, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
now look, since we are friends, I am going to let you in on a secret:
I do not care if Hillary does not want me to vote for Mccain. I am a big girl and make my own decisions.
I supported her, but I can not vote for Obama and sleep at night.
He is a nightmare waiting to happen.
The more I know about him, the stronger my will is to give Mccain my support.
OK well then this uses up the voted of my mother and grandmother. They are republicans who are voting for Obama. So my mother's vote cancels out citygal's vote (from the other thread) and my grandmother's vote yours...I need to find more republicans who don't want McCain and keep up with you guys.

Old 08-24-2008, 05:54 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorp200 View Post
OK guys...let's chat.

You wanted change.

You wanted change in the form of Hillary.

Exactly how is voting for McCain representative of change?

Whether or not you think Obama is too green (and in some cases I'm sure...too black) ... a vote for McCain is a vote against the Democrats and against everything that Hillary stands for.

So I hope you make the right choice come November. HC would want you to, and it ain't McCain.
Biden likes him.

Old 08-24-2008, 05:59 AM

561 posts, read 1,512,806 times
To be honest I was leaning toward Obama though not totally decided, until he nominated his VP. I would have voted for Hillary, or Obama with Hillary, or probably for Obama without Biden. Now my options are vote for McCain or not vote at all and let the biggest loser win. I will not entertain the idea of voting for Obama b/c the more of him I see, the more he reminds me of a snake oil salesman. The way I see it, I never voted for Bush either and managed to endure 8 years of his idiocy. I don't vote for the party, I vote for the one I think can do the job. Whoever wins eitherway, Obama wil give it all away and McCain will forget where it is.

Old 08-24-2008, 06:55 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,208,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
the poster that you responded to said that "SOME" would not vote for him b/c he is too black, yet your post starts off with that and just blows a LOT of hot air from that point on. don't you have any REASONS to state that might convince others that you TRULY believe in casting the vote for mccain instead of being BITTER that HC (who i voted for too btw) didn't win?

I do not harp on like a fish wife why folks vote for Obama or anyone else
cast your vote and I will cast mine.
I do not have to convince anyone about that. If anybody is BITTER it is the Obama fans that just can not get it, why everyone is not skiping along their yellow brick road to NO WHERE,
you want to sing his little tune, go for it, I choose a man that knows what he is doing not some jerk with his head up his rear.
MCCAIN '08!

Old 08-24-2008, 07:10 AM

454 posts, read 748,892 times
How is Biden a change?

Old 08-24-2008, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmnari View Post
How is Biden a change?
He's about the same amount of change as Hillary would have been.

Which is, enough of a change to keep us from having four more years of pro-nonsense war rhetoric (i.e., Bush).

Old 08-24-2008, 07:13 AM

195 posts, read 593,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmnari View Post
How is Biden a change?
I'll let Obama himself answer your question:

YouTube - OBAMA INSULTS BIDEN! MUST SEE!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections