Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2013, 06:20 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,634,295 times

Advertisements

When I saw the first post my first thought was that they are living in the past. Then I looked at the date and realized it was the past. Funny thing is some people are still blaming Bush. I didn't vote for Bush and did not agree with everything he did but when it comes to having class; he puts Obama to shame.

My thought: People who have class accept the job with everything that goes with it. When you have been on the job for more than five years, the blame game gets really old. Stop whining, stop name-calling people elected to do their jobs and are doing a good job that their districts want them to do and start treating them with the respect they deserve. Then go to the table with them and realize everything should never go your way all the time in a democracy or republic. You and the senate have overstepped your bounds long enough.

The House is doing a good job and a much better job than the Senate and you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2013, 05:20 AM

4,120 posts, read 6,610,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post

The House is doing a good job and a much better job than the Senate and you.
Country girl you are living in a fantasy world...

Old 10-04-2013, 07:30 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
It's actually pretty damn good these days, especially the last few in particular. I've greatly enjoyed watching the gov. leeches crying about this gov. "shut down" and how the world was going to end if they didn't get their rations like normal. I haven't been bothered one bit by this shut down as have millions of other conservative Americans who don't rely on the gov. to hold our hands every day. Of course older people will begin to hurt when the gov. fails to give them their hard earned social security checks but those who are crying the loudest have never lifted a finger to help themselves.
Really? I thought ya'll were all worked up about the WWII Memorial? Didn't I see Michelle Bachmann there decrying the shut down? (Right after she said how happy she was about it)

What about the elderly who aren't getting their Meals on Wheels? Do you hear them screaming?

Old 10-08-2013, 09:20 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellhead View Post
Country girl you are living in a fantasy world...
The house is, at least trying to accomplish something, right or wrong. They are presenting one bill on top of another and all of the bills are sitting on Reids desk.

Old 10-08-2013, 09:26 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,874,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
The house is, at least trying to accomplish something, right or wrong. They are presenting one bill on top of another and all of the bills are sitting on Reids desk.
Bill after bill that funds what they want to fund, and nothing else. Have you seen a bill that would refund the EPA or the Department of Education? No, and you won't, because the GOP doesn't want that part of the government funded. Either fund the government or don't fund the government--and the latter is what Republicans have chosen.

Old 10-08-2013, 09:30 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,831,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
It's been a month and two weeks since the original post. It must REALLY suck to be a conservative now that the GOP is fully engaged in a schizophrenic war with itself.

Honestly- did anyone actually believe the GOP was so crazy as to shut down the government? I sure didn't believe that would happen, back on August 24th.

There you have it. Sounds like Jay Leno's sidewalk savants who think it's cute to remain uninformed. Notice there have been plenty of posts about how it's the Dems shutting down the government, yet he doesn't bother to explain why he thinks it's the Republicans' fault.

Memo to Mike: PLEASE STEP AWAY FROM THE VOTING BOOTH.

Old 10-08-2013, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Bill after bill that funds what they want to fund, and nothing else. Have you seen a bill that would refund the EPA or the Department of Education? No, and you won't, because the GOP doesn't want that part of the government funded. Either fund the government or don't fund the government--and the latter is what Republicans have chosen.
and has Reid been willing to even open up a discussion? of course he hasn't. I am not, necessarily supporting the house on this, I am simply saying, the senate refuses to bend as well. Give me a couple examples where they have said they would. If I understand right, the President has said up the debt ceiling, accept what the Democrats has proposed and we will discuss cuts later.

Old 10-09-2013, 12:54 PM

519 posts, read 1,023,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
When I saw the first post my first thought was that they are living in the past. Then I looked at the date and realized it was the past. Funny thing is some people are still blaming Bush. I didn't vote for Bush and did not agree with everything he did but when it comes to having class; he puts Obama to shame.

You're speaking about a man who played dress up as a soldier and made a costly, unnecessary jet landing on an aircraft carrier to declare "Mission Accomplished". Since then, nearly 4,000 Americans have lost their lives in Iraq.

At a White House Press Corps Dinner during the height of the war, he mocked the lack of weapons of mass destruction by showing a slideshow of himself searching for WMDs under the furniture of the Oval Office, muttering "Hmmmm...nope, not there either!" as the audience laughed.

Political views aside, no rational adult ever has an excuse to declare that George W. Bush had class.

Old 10-11-2013, 05:10 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,371,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
There you have it. Sounds like Jay Leno's sidewalk savants who think it's cute to remain uninformed. Notice there have been plenty of posts about how it's the Dems shutting down the government, yet he doesn't bother to explain why he thinks it's the Republicans' fault.

Memo to Mike: PLEASE STEP AWAY FROM THE VOTING BOOTH.
I never step away from the voting booth! The only election I ever missed was one for a local library bond, and I skipped it because I had a bad case of the flu, and didn't want to pass it around.

I can give you plenty of reasons why I think it's the Republican's fault, but that subject is currently covered like a blanket here and in P&OC. I'm sure you are aware of them. But, if your'e a glutton for punishment, I'll be glad to oblige.

Old 10-12-2013, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
I never step away from the voting booth! The only election I ever missed was one for a local library bond, and I skipped it because I had a bad case of the flu, and didn't want to pass it around.

I can give you plenty of reasons why I think it's the Republican's fault, but that subject is currently covered like a blanket here and in P&OC. I'm sure you are aware of them. But, if your'e a glutton for punishment, I'll be glad to oblige.
I have missed 2 elections in over 50 years: 1 I was in the hospital because I had a premmie, so I couldn't even have voted absentee, it was totally unexpected and the other time, I have to admit, I had no excuse. It was the first time Kay Baily, H was running in Texas and she was a shoe in. I don't remember why I didn't get to the polls but I didn't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections