Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 10:36 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,850,943 times

Advertisements

It's a CONVENTION. It isn't wall street or a Presidential Dinner. God what next.... Look at their shoes, didn't match their handbags. Is there a disease on these threads that brings out Lunacy in the posts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2008, 10:38 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,704,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
It's a CONVENTION. It isn't wall street or a Presidential Dinner. God what next.... Look at their shoes, didn't match their handbags. Is there a disease on these threads that brings out Lunacy in the posts?
Usually when you are at a world class event like this where you have the possibility of being on national TV, you try to dress decently. You DONT dress like you are on a Hawaiian Vacation or like you just rolled off the WalMart truck.

Old 08-25-2008, 10:38 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,465,558 times
well somebody is getting a lot of scorn, there was not any labels so i guess this was a generic smear? do people really get paid for doing this stuff?
this type of smear would work great on somebody codependent bek they would assume the smear was about them yes?

Old 08-25-2008, 10:41 PM

1,966 posts, read 2,704,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocexpo View Post
I was looking into the crowd, and it was just making me physically ill. It was quite humorous.

I mean, the people were crying in the audience, half of them were dressed in the most ridiculous outfits I had ever seen, it was just sickening.

And then when those cheesy songs came on, you saw a bunch of people dancing and singing to them, others had their eyes closed during the song like it was a church prayer.

And then almost everyone had to make a statement of some kind. A lot of them had buttons on their hat for other people and causes. Some were wearing shirts for other causes.

And the cheering, it was just extremely over the top and the crowd was making me physically ill. My wife was laughing at how ridiculous they were.

Did you think the audience was more cheesy than the people on stage?
blah blah blah

What a stupid effin thread. Guess at this point, none of us should expect intellect or substance from you or your like-minded simpleton cohorts.

Old 08-25-2008, 10:43 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,704,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Politico View Post
blah blah blah

What a stupid effin thread. Guess at this point, none of us should expect intellect or substance from you or your like-minded simpleton cohorts.
I usually dont expect much from people like you either. Have you read some of your own posts recently?

Old 08-25-2008, 10:44 PM

Sooo right politico. It's a Convention. Is there nothing more to make a fuss about than what the people wore at the convention. Maybe armani was shut.

Old 08-25-2008, 10:45 PM

826 posts, read 1,626,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Chick View Post
Then for me, I noticed the women, hugging and kissing each other, now that is sickening.
I didn't watch the DNC tonight because quite frankly I don't care but if this is true that is indeed disgusting!

Old 08-25-2008, 10:51 PM

Women hugging and Kissing? Call 911.... Send in the SWAT team. Women have hugged and kissed since we learned to walk on two legs. I can only imagine the kind of minds that think it is anything but innocent.

Old 08-25-2008, 11:11 PM

2,654 posts, read 5,764,619 times
then why'd you watch it?

Old 08-25-2008, 11:13 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,645,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slash83 View Post
I didn't watch the DNC tonight because quite frankly I don't care but if this is true that is indeed disgusting!
I did watch for a few minutes and yes I am always shocked at what people wear to things like this or a game show. I agree that you should consider that you may possibly end up on TV. I am sure everybody there was paying quite a bit. Hotels go sky high for events like this.

No this was not the only thing I noticed. Michelle's pin was on crooked or her dress was crooked and when she talked about the least of these and mentioned children, my thought was, "No the least of these are those unborn children that you want mothers to be able to dispose of at will." If the Democratic Party wants to survive, they need to change a lot of policies. Sin does not pay and the wages of sin is death and will probably be the death of the Democratic Party and maybe the nation if enough of these people vote for her husband.

When she mentioned that all people should have health care, my thought was, "If they get rid of their alcoholic beverages, illegal drugs, cell phones, etc, they probably would have enough to pay for health care. Nobody is stopping anyone from buying health care.

She gave a good speech, but I would like to hear even more traditional values expressed. Not everybody in the audience was in agreement and Michelle's body language did not agree with some of the things she was saying. I told my dh that from what I was seeing, they are going to have a hard row to hoe because I saw many bored and doubtful looks by people that did have on very nice clothes. Some of the looks she was getting were absolutely hostile. Personally, I would have hated to be in that crowd.

Michelle and Obama do one thing right. They have cute confident children.

I am too middle of the road to enjoy any political get-together. I don't hate people in either party and it seems that you are supposed to do that when going to a party meeting. I tried it and did not like it, but ended up changing my party. I went from a Democrat to a Republican, but I think I am really an independent. I just don't think the Democratic Party has chosen very well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections