Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2008, 10:21 AM

1,836 posts, read 3,183,693 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMe View Post
This may all be old news to political junkies but to the man-on-the-street this is brand new.
Well then the man-on-the-street should know that Ayers commited these crimes when Barack was 8 years old. Obama surely wasnt "in on it".

The man-on-the-street should also know that McCain supports an illegal war in which 4000 of our children were killed and thousands more maimed.

Neither candidate is perfect. One has more american blood on his hands.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2008, 10:27 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,961,908 times
Quote:
Well then the man-on-the-street should know that Ayers commited these crimes when Barack was 8 years old. Obama surely wasnt "in on it".
You miss the point completely. It is irrelevant that obama was 8 years old when these people plotted and carried out terrorist attacks. No one is saying he was "in on it".

The point is he chose to association with and seek out Ayers in friendship for advance of political career. He surely knew what Ayers had done. Because Ayers was now a player in Chicago politics, that didn't matter to obama. He chose to "come out" in his political career from the Ayers home. He accepted a position at the Annenberg Challenge at the behest of Ayers. He served on another board, The Woods Foundation with Ayers. He had on his website, now down the memory hole, that Ayers and Dorn were now accepted as part of the mainstream.

Do you get the point now?

He funneled money from The Woods Foundation to Father Pfleger - you know who he is, don't you? And to Wright's Church. His relationship with these people has been long and close.

Don't you want to know about the only executive experience Obama has - that as Chairman of the Annenberg Challenge Foundation? Wouldn't that give you insight into how he has conducted himself in that capacity?

Old 08-26-2008, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
You miss the point completely. It is irrelevant that obama was 8 years old when these people plotted and carried out terrorist attacks. No one is saying he was "in on it".

The point is he chose to association with and seek out Ayers in friendship for advance of political career. He surely knew what Ayers had done. Because Ayers was now a player in Chicago politics, that didn't matter to obama. He chose to "come out" in his political career from the Ayers home. He accepted a position at the Annenberg Challenge at the behest of Ayers. He served on another board, The Woods Foundation with Ayers. He had on his website, now down the memory hole, that Ayers and Dorn were now accepted as part of the mainstream.

Do you get the point now?

He funneled money from The Woods Foundation to Father Pfleger - you know who he is, don't you? And to Wright's Church. His relationship with these people has been long and close.

Don't you want to know about the only executive experience Obama has - that as Chairman of the Annenberg Challenge Foundation? Wouldn't that give you insiht into how he has conducted himself in that capacity?
ummm, yes- i get the point. now move past that.

Ayers (decades ago) or 4000 american deaths (recent years) in an illegal war.

Does that give you insight on how BOTH candidates have conducted themselves?

Old 08-26-2008, 10:50 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,961,908 times
This thread is not about the war. Try and stay on topic and quick trying to deflect.

Associations with terrorists do not sit well with the heartland. Maybe with the Left, but not middle america.

Old 08-26-2008, 11:43 AM

3,255 posts, read 5,081,472 times
This topic is about spreading half truths and innuendo. So let's see, McCain was great friends with Strom Thurmond, a noted segregationist, so we must think McCain endorses segregation! Need I go on? Obama knows Oprah, so that must mean the campaign will soon be giving out cars! It is a ludicrous position, this game of tag, your it!

Old 08-26-2008, 11:46 AM

7,993 posts, read 12,866,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janeannwho View Post
This topic is about spreading half truths and innuendo. So let's see, McCain was great friends with Strom Thurmond, a noted segregationist, so we must think McCain endorses segregation! Need I go on? Obama knows Oprah, so that must mean the campaign will soon be giving out cars! It is a ludicrous position, this game of tag, your it!
Well since you bring up segregationist....Obama's personal mentor for 20 years believes in black liberation theology and separatism.....what does that say about Obama?????

Old 08-26-2008, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
This thread is not about the war. Try and stay on topic and quick trying to deflect.
I simply mentioned McCains best friend as a contrast.

Now readers can compare "tactical" mistakes by BOTH candidates.

Obama=Ayers

McCain= 4000 american deaths/illegal war.

Old 08-26-2008, 12:41 PM

3,255 posts, read 5,081,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
Well since you bring up segregationist....Obama's personal mentor for 20 years believes in black liberation theology and separatism.....what does that say about Obama?????
Well since I do not think past associations have much relevance at all, you have made another point for me! Thanks! People change, people have relationships that change, but to tag one person with the actions of another is just silly. I do not think McCain is a segregationist, nor do I think Obama will be giving out cars. Throwing mud and hoping it sticks is an old game, but this time, we are going to have big hoses to wash the mud off before it makes a mess. Thanks again for proving my point!

Old 08-26-2008, 12:44 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,866,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janeannwho View Post
Well since I do not think past associations have much relevance at all, you have made another point for me! Thanks! People change, people have relationships that change, but to tag one person with the actions of another is just silly. I do not think McCain is a segregationist, nor do I think Obama will be giving out cars. Throwing mud and hoping it sticks is an old game, but this time, we are going to have big hoses to wash the mud off before it makes a mess. Thanks again for proving my point!
You are right, people do change and do move on. They recognize bad people and move past them. So WHY then, did Obama have Wright as his mentor for 20 PLUS years????

Old 08-26-2008, 12:52 PM

4,003 posts, read 10,844,217 times
There is no way to divert this issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections