Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2008, 01:01 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,961,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
There is no way to divert this issue.
You are right. The point of the thread is that obama made it worse for himself. His ad attacking McCain for an ad he didn't put out will certainly cause McCain to respond.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2008, 01:15 PM

3,255 posts, read 5,081,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
You are right, people do change and do move on. They recognize bad people and move past them. So WHY then, did Obama have Wright as his mentor for 20 PLUS years????
OFF TOPIC: Is Rev Wright a terrorist or attached to Ayers? No, I guess you are a clever diverter indeed. I have to tell you, as a Catholic, once you are attached to a church, you are, the priests come and go, and if there is a problem with a specific priest, it is dealt with (more now than previously). The preacher is not the church, I will never understand why people are so attached to the idea that one goes to a church only because of the preacher. I guess that is why there is such an inconsistency in Protestant and Reform Christianity, where the preacher and not the Bible and Church doctrine are exalted.

Old 08-26-2008, 01:28 PM

307 posts, read 522,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BK2Westchester View Post
Well then the man-on-the-street should know that Ayers commited these crimes when Barack was 8 years old. Obama surely wasnt "in on it".

The man-on-the-street should also know that McCain supports an illegal war in which 4000 of our children were killed and thousands more maimed.
WHOA. Thanks for the information.

I didn't know McCain supported the War in Iraq or was friends with George Bush. We had better get the word out and stop this mad man.

How many poor American voters like me are unaware that McCain supports the war. I'll start checking in caves and you check the coma wards of the local hospitals, and together we can inform the voting public who don't know about this atrocity.

Random

Old 08-26-2008, 01:39 PM

1,836 posts, read 3,183,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomU View Post
WHOA. Thanks for the information.

I didn't know McCain supported the War in Iraq or was friends with George Bush. We had better get the word out and stop this mad man.

How many poor American voters like me are unaware that McCain supports the war. I'll start checking in caves and you check the coma wards of the local hospitals so we can inform the voting public who don't know about this atrocity.

Random
And your point is what, that we should stop recyling this rhetoric over and over again. I agree.

Except that Republicans want us to forget the 4000 americans killed in Iraq due to this illegal war and would rather us think about a has-been wannabe terrorist from back in the days.

Old 08-26-2008, 01:48 PM

307 posts, read 522,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BK2Westchester View Post
And your point is what, that we should stop recyling this rhetoric over and over again.
The point is you actually seem to think the man on the street is not aware of this. I find that quite funny. Feel free to beat the horse some more, but until something new and significant happens in Iraq, and that's always possible, the Iraq issue will not substantially change anyone’s opinions. People have already made up their minds.

Ayers on the other hand most people have never heard of. Weather you support or oppose Mr. Obama, how he handles this can potentially impact far more votes.

Do you think Obama is handling this correctly?

Random

Old 08-26-2008, 01:53 PM

1,836 posts, read 3,183,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomU View Post
Do you think Obama is handling this correctly?
Random
He asked the Justice Department to investigate because he feels election law has been broken.

If he's right, he's right. If he's wrong then we will soon find out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections