Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 11:17 AM

365 posts, read 525,468 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by S6Sputnik View Post
Eight years of this is enough!

I cannot wait for some other party's leader to have the wheel to guide this nation into the future. The GOP has proven to me to be a party of the past!... War, Debt, Tax breaks to the rich.

We need Peace, Infrastructure, Affordable Healthcare, Education, a strong dollar and fair levels of taxation upon everyone!

Obama is the man who can deliver that!
ITA!
(The USA is applauding, and let all say AMEN!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2008, 11:18 AM

1,590 posts, read 4,576,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacredgrooves View Post
So a fair level of taxation is the rich paying absolutely all of it? They are pretty close already...
Want to get rid of debt? Cancel the bloated gov't programs that gain us nothing, there are plenty to choose from.
What we need is our Federalist Republic back that our founders gave us. Both parties spend like it is monopoly money, usually in the name of pandering to voter blocks.
That would not be fair would it?

What government programs are those?

Furthermore, I clearly recall that when Bill Clinton was our LEADER we had a balanced budget and NO foreign debt. The Dollar was strong and fuel could be had for $1 a gallon!

WHERE ARE WE NOW? DEEP IN DEBT, HAVE LOW VALUE OF THE DOLLAR, HI FUEL COST, HOUSING BUST this has been the worst 8 years in this nations history!

Old 08-30-2008, 11:25 AM

2,215 posts, read 3,615,804 times
Quote:
Eight years of this is enough!

I cannot wait for some other party's leader to have the wheel to guide this nation into the future. The GOP has proven to me to be a party of the past!... War, Debt, Tax breaks to the rich.

We need Peace, Infrastructure, Affordable Healthcare, Education, a strong dollar and fair levels of taxation upon everyone!

Obama is the man who can deliver that!
And how are you going to pay for this? Tax every successful person to pay for the others failures? Infrastructure was destroy under Clinton, healthcare is not a right of anyone, you need to work and earn it, education, wow, give everyone a free college education, but what Nobama is not telling you is his plan wont be for everyone, it is only going to be for the poor and minorities.

Fair levels, give me a freakin break, 95% of ALL taxes paid, collected and spent are from the top 5% of all of us.
The middle class and lower class DO NOT PAY THEIR FAIR SHARE OF TAXES at all.
Why penalized people for being successful and reward the bums who are not?

Obama the broken dreamer told you puppets to look forward in his speech, but you puppets keep using the scare tactic of looking backwards.

Two years is enough, the dems in congress promised you change two years ago and they have not delivered a damn thing.

NO MORE HANDOUTS for the lazy butts!

Fair taxation for ALL.

Force people to get a job so they can use my roads, schools, hospitals, bridges.

Old 08-30-2008, 12:02 PM

1,452 posts, read 3,192,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Chick View Post
And how are you going to pay for this? Tax every successful person to pay for the others failures? Infrastructure was destroy under Clinton, healthcare is not a right of anyone, you need to work and earn it, education, wow, give everyone a free college education, but what Nobama is not telling you is his plan wont be for everyone, it is only going to be for the poor and minorities.

Fair levels, give me a freakin break, 95% of ALL taxes paid, collected and spent are from the top 5% of all of us.

Obama the broken dreamer told you puppets to look forward in his speech, but you puppets keep using the scare tactic of looking backwards.

Two years is enough, the dems in congress promised you change two years ago and they have not delivered a damn thing.

Fair taxation for ALL.

Force people to get a job so they can use my roads, schools, hospitals, bridges.
Who ARE you? I'm relatively new to this board but can't believe your biased intensity in lambasting the poor and middle-class. My family is definitely middle class, have a small company (2 employees) and pay what seems like more than our fair share of taxes every year. It's painful to know that a large bulk of our taxes goes to support an unnecessary war. Could it be that the reason this country is in such a horrible financial mess is the $10 billion every month being spent on Iraq?? And your candidate wants to keep this up - for 100 years if need be? I'd much prefer that the money we send to the government were used to improve this country's failing infrastructure and *especially* its educational system so our kids have a chance at competing in a global economy.. If we don't do something and soon we'll be in an even worse mess than we are presently! Would McCain change course to accomplish this? From all I've read, No...

Old 08-30-2008, 12:13 PM

1,590 posts, read 4,576,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Chick View Post

Fair taxation for ALL.

Sunshine, I am one of the top 5% income earners and my relative income tax burden is probably not high enough!

Old 08-30-2008, 12:22 PM

375 posts, read 782,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacredgrooves View Post
So a fair level of taxation is the rich paying absolutely all of it? They are pretty close already...

No their not, far from it. And obviously you exagerate, the middle class carries the brunt of this country's tax burden and that aint gonna change any time soon no matter who's in office.

Old 08-30-2008, 12:23 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,979,187 times
Quote:
Sunshine, I am one of the top 5% income earners and my relative income tax burden is probably not high enough!
Honestly...dont wait for the government to take it and waste it, if you really feel that way there are plenty of charities you could donate to that would use your money much more wisely.

Charity Navigator - America's Largest Charity Evaluator | Home

Old 08-30-2008, 07:04 PM

1,692 posts, read 3,538,808 times
I don't live in MIchigan I had to leave a month ago as my husband lost his job and we lost our home. We live in North Carolina now nice place and husband found a job with the skills he had. I from Michigan and I believe in Obama that there will be change , not right away as he is getting a huge mess. But I want to some day go home and hope that Michigan will be once the state it was. I believe with Obama as president I will return to Michigan again.

Old 08-30-2008, 07:07 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
me doing better is good (& i did) but not at the expense of everybody else.
if the boat goes down i am on it. the frigid waters are no respecter of 1st class passengers. me 1st ism does not work any longer.
obama 08.

Old 08-30-2008, 07:35 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,974,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxnasi View Post
I am sry i am A republican but i cant stand bush all i have to say is anyone is better than bush and i cant wait
I, too, was a Republican once. Then they became the party of big business and although they say they are loyal to this country, they are only loyal to money. They step on people for four years and think they can wave the flag at us during elections and we are dumb enough to fall for it.

Well, we won't be fooled again!

Obama '08
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections