Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2008, 08:41 AM

11,361 posts, read 16,730,119 times

Advertisements

These are the same people, that if Omaba had picked her, would be calling us religious right wing nuts and so on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2008, 08:42 AM

2,265 posts, read 3,735,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
Be advised there are rumors and speculation spreading as I type. My wife heard it on a radio news show. I provide a listing of links so you can be informed and know what rightfully or not is being put out. Debunk if you can as our country is better off if not true.

palin pregnancy - Google Search
It's all true, she didnt have a baby.
Palin is a muslim and a spy for China.
Her husband is really an alien sent here by the mother ship to enslave us.
It's all part of the new world order thing.
Her daughter had the baby and her father is the father of the baby.

Old 08-31-2008, 08:43 AM

6,884 posts, read 20,420,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Doesn't that "bundle" have Downs Syndrome? Or is that another one? She has so many I've lost track already.

So what?

What an incredibly stupid thing to say.

Old 08-31-2008, 08:44 AM

31,683 posts, read 41,071,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by islandmommy View Post
Having your amniotic water leak is NOT an emergency unless you plan to take a dip in a sewer or something. Women who homebirth often go 24 hours+ after their water has broken. Just because modern medicine calls something an emergency doesn't mean it is.

Also, 36 weeks is considered full term, not a "preemie." A woman can homebirth safely at 37 weeks.
Palins' child diagnosed with Down syndrome: Top Stories | adn.com
Still, a Sacramento, Calif., obstetrician who is active in the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, said when a pregnant woman's water breaks, she should go right to the hospital because of the risk of infection. That's true even if the amniotic fluid simply leaks out, said Dr. Laurie Gregg.

"To us, leaking and broken, we are talking the same thing. We are talking doctor-speak," Gregg said.

Notice this authority quoted in the Anchorage newspaper published April 22 would disagree with you in Doctor talk. Now why was it necessary to do this back in April? Hmmmm because there were questions about her judgement. This is not a new Dem issue but a question from Alaska.

Old 08-31-2008, 08:44 AM

139 posts, read 724,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
remember there are medical authorities in the article who disagree.
Modern medicine has turned a natural process (pregnancy and labor and birth) into a scary disease. For anyone who is interested on the topic, watch Ricki Lake's documentary. "The Business of Being Born."

I don't understand how taking a calm and natural approach to birth is something that should have been "vetted?" This is a personal medical decision. Homebirths are safer than hospital births (statistically proven, among the same risk level of women) but heck she went to a hospital so I don't see what the fuss is. I certainly would not rush to the closest hospital if my water broke, especially if I could fly home at a moment's notice. Women want the care provider they have grown to know over the pregnancy and the comfort of family and familiar environment when they birth.

Old 08-31-2008, 08:52 AM

newsminer.com • Palin says she felt safe flying to Alaska to have baby
Again perhaps unwarranted scrutiny but is from then and there and not now. Again if vetted it would have been anticipated as a topic of exploration as it was then when she made the decision to fly.

Old 08-31-2008, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Modern medicine has turned a natural process (pregnancy and labor and birth) into a scary disease. For anyone who is interested on the topic, watch Ricki Lake's documentary. "The Business of Being Born."

I don't understand how taking a calm and natural approach to birth is something that should have been "vetted?" This is a personal medical decision. Homebirths are safer than hospital births (statistically proven, among the same risk level of women) but heck she went to a hospital so I don't see what the fuss is. I certainly would not rush to the closest hospital if my water broke, especially if I could fly home at a moment's notice. Women want the care provider they have grown to know over the pregnancy and the comfort of family and familiar environment when they birth.
they would have known there was this issue and could have been out front making the points you are. They failed to do their homework as has been linked in other threads. There is another part to all of this that is not in print from then so I am not bringing it up without more corroboration.

Old 08-31-2008, 08:54 AM

1,599 posts, read 2,950,362 times
You are not supposed to fly during your last trimester at all. Her water broke and she did not tell any of the flight attendants of her condition? She flies from Texas to Alaska like that?

And all of this apparently happened well before her due date, which indicates potential complications and makes immediate medical intervention and monitoring even more essential.

Who in the world would behave this way?... Oh, right, our potential VP. And you would trust her judgement to make executive decisions for our country?

Old 08-31-2008, 08:57 AM

3,004 posts, read 3,889,382 times
Quote:

Especially if the child is going to be born with a disability. I'm sure she wanted to have her family and her familiar OB with her for the birth, and we are talking a matter of HOURS, people, for her to fly home.

Interesting that the same people who are questioning her "judgment" have no problem with Obama's judgment to align himself for TWENTY YEARS with a shrieking, spewing bigoted race-baiter whom he called affectionately his "spiritual mentor."

Old 08-31-2008, 09:05 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,648,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
Especially if the child is going to be born with a disability. I'm sure she wanted to have her family and her familiar OB with her for the birth, and we are talking a matter of HOURS, people, for her to fly home.

Interesting that the same people who are questioning her "judgment" have no problem with Obama's judgment to align himself for TWENTY YEARS with a shrieking, spewing bigoted race-baiter whom he called affectionately his "spiritual mentor."
Yes, I am still flabbergasted how obama supporters can completely brush wright off as not reflective on obamas judgement or personal views.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections