Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2008, 09:59 AM

454 posts, read 748,978 times

Advertisements

The democratic Party perfected identity politics, and they are mad that the Republican party is beating them at their own game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2008, 10:11 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,208,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristansMommy View Post
I love how you republicans are TWISTING what we're actually upset about..

We're upset because he picked her ONLY to whoo the Independent females that were supporting Hillary.

What he fails to realize is that we were also voting on the issues..... and simply because he picks a woman as his VP isn't going to make us forget that a lot of us do not agree with his politics!!

BULL!
what the women on here that are spining their butts off, is a lie and you are helping spread it.
You are so completly SELF-ABSORBED that his pick just HAS to be about YOU!!
Do you know how repulsive that is??
Good grief, the world DOES NOT SPIN around you and Hillary Clinton.
I am a woman, a democrat, and a Hillary Clinton supporter.
I am not offended he chose a woman, even if her views are different from mine.
What I am offended by are all the women that have this excuse, and a flimsy one at that, that it must be about them. Good Lord!!

Old 08-31-2008, 10:12 AM

746 posts, read 2,176,500 times
Default My reasons

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Am I the only one who finds it funny that its the Democrats and Females upset because McCain picked a female for VP?

Are there any Republicans wanting to hold back women and minorities like the Democrats here have been expressing? I havent seen one Republican here criticize the VP choice due to sex, but I think every single posting here from the Democrats involve the fact that she is a female. Very few criticizism postings here is due to her policies, all about her sex.

If your a Democrat, whats the issue with a female VP? It cant be because the Democrats just lost their blah blah blah accusations about Republicans discriminate against minorities, or can it?
The reason I'm insulted by the choice is because it smacks of pandering. I can admit that Palin has done some good things in her short political career. She seems to have a strong sense of what needs to be done and the backbone to take on the good ol' boy establishment. I can respect that, while still disagreeing with much of her politics. I don't however, believe that she is ready to take on the national stage. I also do not believe that McCain honestly believes she is ready either. If Hillary had not garnered so much support, he never would have considered her for VP. He doesn't have a history of supporting women's equality, rather he seems quite disrespectful towards women. It's McCain's MOTIVATIONS that are suspect and insulting. I don't believe he truly respects her as an equal, he's just using her to gain womens votes because he knows he doesn't have OUR respect.

Old 08-31-2008, 10:13 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,208,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Oh please! I am going to take off my partisan hat here and ask this question- if Mccain wanted a female so badly why did he not go for Condi Rice? That would have given him an intelligent female who knows how to find Iran on a globe and knows Putin is NOT the President of Russia.
Why did he not pick Elizabeth Dole who had decades of experience as a Senator and working in the Executive branch and knows all the other Senators?

gosh, Kev
he should have thought to call you??
There is nothing wrong with this pick, except in the minds of
the small and the narrow.

Old 08-31-2008, 10:19 AM

139 posts, read 724,012 times
He didn't pick her only because she was a woman. He picked her because she is young, intelligent, attractive, and charismatic... sort of like Obama.

I think he was emboldened to pick her and didn't hold back, due to Hillary and Obama being in the race. If all the other people in the primaries and current race were white men, maybe he wouldn't have chosen her. I think he just saw that the climate was right to choose an interesting, capable candidate without regard to her gender.

And since Obama's resume is so scant, he probably felt emboldened to pick her despite the fact that she hasn't been in politics for a zillion years. And it's a brilliant trap to get the dems shrieking about her "lack of experience" which only reflects badly on Obama.

And he's also tricked the dems into insulting small town America, seniors, working moms, and Christians while he was at it!

Old 08-31-2008, 10:22 AM

375 posts, read 782,150 times
Quote:
An opinion based upon what exactly?
Read my posts. I'm not repeating myself for the 20th time.

Old 08-31-2008, 10:25 AM

2,265 posts, read 3,733,329 times
Quote:
Am I the only one who finds it funny that its the Democrats and Females upset because McCain picked a female for VP?

Are there any Republicans wanting to hold back women and minorities like the Democrats here have been expressing? I havent seen one Republican here criticize the VP choice due to sex, but I think every single posting here from the Democrats involve the fact that she is a female. Very few criticizism postings here is due to her policies, all about her sex.

If your a Democrat, whats the issue with a female VP? It cant be because the Democrats just lost their blah blah blah accusations about Republicans discriminate against minorities, or can it?
Crazy isn't it? i didn't realize democrats were so scared.

Old 08-31-2008, 10:25 AM

3,255 posts, read 5,080,544 times
I think he picked her to try to salvage his campaign. All reports indicate he wanted Lieberman and he was forbidden by party insiders and polls indicating that they would fight the nomination. My question is who will correct him on his foreign policy now?

Old 08-31-2008, 10:34 AM

746 posts, read 2,176,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by islandmommy View Post
He didn't pick her only because she was a woman. He picked her because she is young, intelligent, attractive, and charismatic... sort of like Obama.

I think he was emboldened to pick her and didn't hold back, due to Hillary and Obama being in the race. If all the other people in the primaries and current race were white men, maybe he wouldn't have chosen her. I think he just saw that the climate was right to choose an interesting, capable candidate without regard to her gender.
While I disagree, you do have a plausible argument on his possible motivations. (Although being attractive is irrelevant.) It will be interesting to watch and see which viewpoint pans out. We will be watching closely to see how much he truly respects her and her contributions to his policies.

Regardless of why he picked her, it doesn't change my mind. I would never vote for McCain, no matter who he picked for VP.

I am hoping that those on the fence take a serious look at the issues and not follow him just because he chose a woman for VP.

Old 08-31-2008, 10:40 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,940,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristansMommy View Post
I love how you republicans are TWISTING what we're actually upset about..

We're upset because he picked her ONLY to whoo the Independent females that were supporting Hillary.

What he fails to realize is that we were also voting on the issues..... and simply because he picks a woman as his VP isn't going to make us forget that a lot of us do not agree with his politics!!

I have to ask Did McCain really do this to whoo Hillary supporters or did he do it to drill in Anwar and have us less dependent on the Middle East. I have a hard time thinking he would even "THINK HILLARY SUPPORTERS" would go his way. I believe this is media hoopla and nothing else.

The feminist moment is just upset that the day of burning bras and putting men on the back burner is over.

Now women are saying Palin should stay home with her baby and not pursue a career. So now that it's a Republican women with the first chance to make a mark they think she should stay home.

Some Democrats have made fun of her husband for helping her out, this just goes to show they are a traditional couple willing to work with each other to raise a family and have a career.

Just wait for the next election it will probably be "Hillary & Palin" remember Palin is a hunter and lives in the wilderness bet she hits her target every time!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections