Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2008, 07:05 PM

2,137 posts, read 3,861,837 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
No, you can't have it all, all at the same time, and do a good job at it all. (Just coincidence that anti-depressants like Prozac took off in the 80s when women were being sold a bill of goods that they could have it all?) That's why priorities exist. Having the choice to make your own priorities, whether a man or woman, is what the feminist movement was/is about. That's why parents (man or woman) who choose to stay home should be applauded. And why those who work outside the home, whether by choice or necessity, should be applauded as well. But thinking that everyone can have it all, all at the same time, and do everything well is nothing but entitlement.

(That was an aside from all the Palin discussions, by the way.)
The libs used to say women could "have it all". It was their mantra.

Now a conservative woman is going to finally break the glass ceiling and the libs heads are exploding. Why you all positively sound like Dr. Laura in the last 4 days!

Hate to break it to you, but Gov Palin has a HUSBAND. They are a team and decided to do these things together. Remember a long, long time ago (4+ days) where libs were screeching about men being as good a parent as a woman? That "stay at home dads" should be treated "equally"?

You guys make me chuckle. And I'm not the only one noticing your flailing, obfuscating and general hypocrisy.

Keep it up! Really, really helping McCain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2008, 07:08 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,237,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbie1964 View Post
When should a mother return to work after giving birth? Many say 3 months. In Europe 1 year.

Sarah Palin went back to work 3 days after the birth of her child with special needs. Three days!

Was this her way of dealing with a difficult situation? Did she put her needs above that of her child? It wasn't like she needed the money. Where was the bonding???

Pathetic.
Thought we lived in America? Isn't it the mothers choice? Its themothers choice to abort. Mothers chice to carry full term. But its not her chice when to return to work? Isn't that just a wee bit hypocritical?

Old 09-03-2008, 07:09 PM

9,059 posts, read 12,979,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Thought we lived in America? Isn't it the mothers choice? Its themothers choice to abort. Mothers chice to carry full term. But its not her chice when to return to work? Isn't that just a wee bit hypocritical?
It's her choice. No one is going to arrest her or fire her for her decision.

But decisions like this might just affect her in the court of public opinion.

Old 09-03-2008, 07:10 PM

8,231 posts, read 17,328,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmonellie View Post
Again, you libs are all about "womens choices" until that woman is a conservative then you change the rules.

Pathetic. Don't think the majority of the country is not noticing this idiocy.
And you conservatives are all about 'feminazis' until it's one of your own who is working and has a family and can benefit from the liberal feminists of the '60s and '70s. Hypocrites.

Old 09-03-2008, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
The responses by those on the "left" show utter desperation - they are scared - and their comments are illustrative of this fear.

Please! All you Obama fans - keep up your hate filled and shrill posts. You are doing nothing more than helping the McCain/Palin ticket.
Can't speak for anyone else, but I'm not scared. I'm outraged at the hypocrisy of the GOP.

Old 09-03-2008, 07:15 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,892,893 times
Good news, people. We are going to have McCain and Palin for the next 16 years...! We will save the good people, and the ignorant...

Old 09-03-2008, 07:16 PM

2,868 posts, read 9,557,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
Good news, people. We are going to have McCain and Palin for the next 16 years...! We will save the good people, and the ignorant...
McCain won't be alive for the next 16 years so good luck with that...

Old 09-03-2008, 07:17 PM

9,059 posts, read 12,979,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
Only Jesus actually saves people. Even RINO neo-con snake charmers will tell you that.

Damn, that's arrogant. Save us.

I'm already conservative and don't need to be saved by some lifetime beltway boy and his nitwit sidekick.

Old 09-03-2008, 07:19 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,251,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
That changed not because of any logistical problem, as women were always qualified to be in these professions. It is just infeasible to have a large family and be in a high profile position with millions counting on you, male or female.
WOW, so if your FEMALE DOCTOR has five kids you wont allow her to save your life...Do you have any idea how many hours most doctors work?

I've heard stupid things in life , but what you just said moved to top of the list..

My daughter is an RN and has three children, is that to many if she comes up on you in a car accident. Should she help you or not..Or would three be the cut off for you if you were bleeding to death?..Or where do you draw the line..Do you have any idea how many hours an RN works? Do you even know how important her job is? The car accident thing did happen to my dughter, I'm sure the person in that car did care if she had 1 child or 5! What would you have done?

You need to stop saying women with children can't do the job..They might just suprise you. Bad thing is when I was younger I felt the same as you, but I grew up, seems some here have yet to do that!

Old 09-03-2008, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmonellie View Post
The libs used to say women could "have it all". It was their mantra.

Now a conservative woman is going to finally break the glass ceiling and the libs heads are exploding. Why you all positively sound like Dr. Laura in the last 4 days!

Hate to break it to you, but Gov Palin has a HUSBAND. They are a team and decided to do these things together. Remember a long, long time ago (4+ days) where libs were screeching about men being as good a parent as a woman? That "stay at home dads" should be treated "equally"?

You guys make me chuckle. And I'm not the only one noticing your flailing, obfuscating and general hypocrisy.

Keep it up! Really, really helping McCain.
I'm chuckling, too! We have that in common.
Remember a few days ago? When conservatives said that a woman belonged 'at home'? That dads where the 'head of the family'? When a woman who wanted to work and have kids was a 'feminazi'? When a teenage, unmarried girl was a '*****'? Immoral? Was a symptom of the dying American family? Had no values?

To quote: 'You guys make me chuckle. And I'm not the only one noticing your flailing, obfuscating and general hypocrisy.

Keep it up! Really, really helping' Obama.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections