Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2008, 12:03 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,032,115 times

Advertisements

Palin aide bails on talking to Legislature: Walt Monegan firing | adn.com
One of Gov. Sarah Palin's top aides was supposed to be interviewed under oath Wednesday as a key witness in the ongoing investigation into her firing of Public Safety Commissioner Walt Monegan. But the aide, Frank Bailey, abruptly backed out amid what his lawyer said is uncertainty over jurisdiction.

Isn't this how cover ups start?
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2008, 12:30 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,526,069 times
What else would you expect from a good number of Republicans lately?
Even Kwame testified. Tell me the last time a prominent Democrat (or someone who could get a promiment one in trobule), refused to testify under oath?
I noticed that the Republican defenders on this forum have skipped this one and it's been posted for over 15 minutes.

Old 09-04-2008, 12:34 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,935,966 times
A new investigation has been open with the Office of Personnel for the state of Alaska per the governor's request. This is probably where the case belongs anyway - who better than decide is someone was fired wrongly - an investigation instigated by Palin's political enemies or a Department of the state?

Old 09-04-2008, 12:36 PM

2,258 posts, read 3,493,565 times
Can we please not call it Troopergate?

Now, let's focus on SarahPalinknockedupdaughter....GATE!

Old 09-04-2008, 12:36 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,869,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
A new investigation has been open with the Office of Personnel for the state of Alaska per the governor's request. This is probably where the case belongs anyway - who better than decide is someone was fired wrongly - an investigation instigated by Palin's political enemies or a Department of the state?
And if Clinton had asked the State Department to conduct the investigation leading to impeachment rather than have the investigation conducted by his political enemies in Congress, you would have supported that request as well?

Old 09-04-2008, 12:37 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,582,560 times
I realize that you're eager to find a scandal and a cover-up, but you must have missed these two sections:

"His client will cooperate with whomever ultimately is in charge of the investigation, Grebe said."

"Palin filed an ethics complaint against herself to get the matter in front of the Personnel Board."

Old 09-04-2008, 12:44 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,463,628 times
Just like Rove, Myers and many others...

Old 09-04-2008, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
She only got that brainstorm after getting the VP nod and do you think she came up with that herself over the weekend?

Palin aide bails on talking to Legislature: Walt Monegan firing | adn.com
I canceled that," Bailey's lawyer, Greg Grebe of Anchorage, said Wednesday. "I'd say about 6 o'clock last night I learned that the governor's office was contesting the jurisdiction of the Legislature to handle this matter. It's my understanding that they believe the jurisdiction is properly with the personnel department. I can't make a judgment or a call on that."

Wow this is exciting it is right out of the Bush legal team playbook to deny anyone has authorization. Gotta hand it to her she is a quick study and can now flip flop with the best of them on ethic issues.

Old 09-04-2008, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
I realize that you're eager to find a scandal and a cover-up, but you must have missed these two sections:

"His client will cooperate with whomever ultimately is in charge of the investigation, Grebe said."

"Palin filed an ethics complaint against herself to get the matter in front of the Personnel Board."
Yup and up until yesterday she had no problem with the legislature doing it.
What has changed recently?

Hmmmmmmmm what can it be?

Old 09-04-2008, 12:51 PM

Palin seeks review of Monegan firing case: Walt Monegan firing | adn.com
The 13-page document gives Palin's view of a controversy that's dogged her for weeks in Alaska. Questions about whether she or others in her family or administration pressured Monegan to fire her ex-brother-in-law, state Trooper Mike Wooten, are now getting intense national attention with her newfound prominence on the national stage. Republican Sen. John McCain announced Friday that she's his pick to be vice president.

Anchorage paper again. How much wiser she is now!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections