Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 12:13 PM

9,059 posts, read 12,971,196 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
You do realize at that age babies have no sense of the right or wrong "time"? He could of just woken up from a two hour nap for all you know.
More apologist talk.

Anyone who's a decent parent knows that their baby (esp. one with DS) is not to be paraded on stage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2008, 12:13 PM

2,170 posts, read 2,861,336 times
Par for the course from that crowd.

Old 09-08-2008, 12:31 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,639,025 times
Well, were obamas girls up past their bedtime? That wasn't an issue, nor should it be an issue. Kinda like palins kids.
And fyi...a down syndromed baby is pretty much like a non ds baby....they are not made of china nor are they radioactive or in anyway in danger by being taken out in public

Old 09-08-2008, 12:35 PM

9,059 posts, read 12,971,196 times
Babies need more sleep than young children, plus they need to be held and they can be dropped if one's not careful.

So yes, babies are essentially made of china (unless you're a bad parent).

'Nuff said.

Old 09-08-2008, 12:38 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,639,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
Babies need more sleep than young children, plus they need to be held and they can be dropped if one's not careful.

So yes, babies are essentially made of china (unless you're a bad parent).

'Nuff said.
I have had four.....didn't break any yet!
But I have been to weddings where I kept my baby up past bedtime...although she slept in my arms. There was even loud music ! Now she is an honor student in high school and not even pregnant....

Out of curiosity though....I am reading a lot of 'palin taking her ds baby out and in the public eye' and she is getting a lot of heat for doing that.
Why? Is it the thought that babies should not be seen in public, or just ds ones?

Old 09-08-2008, 12:38 PM

2,305 posts, read 3,043,406 times
Do you really want to have a 'which side has the biggest wackos' debate?

Old 09-08-2008, 12:39 PM

454 posts, read 748,892 times
This is just disgusting

Old 09-08-2008, 12:43 PM

1,718 posts, read 2,425,156 times
There are not enough adjectives to describe how repulsive that is.

But guys, people with really poor taste exist in both parties. Don't paint all liberals with the same brush as whoever posted that. Many 'liberals' will be just as appalled by that ...crap as any Repub. Just look at the responses to the guy that posted it. A few idiots thought it was funny. The rest thought it was over the top and then their mod locked it.

Old 09-08-2008, 12:45 PM

355 posts, read 990,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennylove76 View Post
Not that I am a leftie or rightie...(or whatever those terms are suppose to mean) but how do you know that a "leftie" put that on e-bay. I have friends who are both repub & demo and they all agree that doing something like that is in terrible taste (to put it nicely). I think the greater problem I have is how on City Data people are so quick to assign a issue to a group of people. The person that did this could be the originl poster trying to get attention for all we know, yet everyone is so quick to say "that group of people did it".
What???? That is a left wing site where it was posted.....uhmmm.....I would guess that it just might be an ignorant left wing loon. My goodness they are pathetic and heartless.

I am going to assume that the majority of dems would think this was in bad taste as well. Please people let's stick to the issues.....these personal attacks get us nowhere.

Palin has every right to have her whole family on stage as did the other nominees.

Old 09-08-2008, 01:49 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,600,003 times
Default What do you mean DU puts up Trig for sale?

As you can see that post was closed because it was in bad taste. And that person that posted it probably found it and ran over at DU to post just like you did here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections