Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 03:11 PM

2,137 posts, read 3,861,837 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebulous1 View Post
I was a registered Republican for many years.
After Reagan, it appears that the Neocon Right Wingers hijacked the Republican party.

Bush is not a conservative at all. What he is, I am not sure of...but he has led this country down a dangerous slope.

I am now an independent. I am a Patriot, and care about where my country will be in the next 100 years after I am gone.

Here are reasons why McCain and Palin turn me off:

1-Palin doesn't represent me. I am a working mom. She has nothing in common with my situation. She will represent big oil with the opening of ANWR. I am not a born again.
I heard of her years ago. She is not new to me. There is no dislike, but she does not represent me.

2-McCain's insensitivity to the economy. Repeating how the economy is great and stable, ad nauseum, is only an irritant to voters. You can tell me the key lime pie is great, but when I am eating it, I make the judgement.
Unemployment is a fudged figure. Many who have lost jobs didn't qualify for unemployment. Or are greatly underemployed. So it is higher than the figure we get.

3-Overly inflated self worth. Going on and on about how they are picked to do this job. Okay, we get the picture.

4-McCain's use of Palin. Telling us how we have met her, and how he can't wait to introduce her to Washington. I knew who Palin was years ago. He seems to think she is his secret weapon. Maybe she is. But again, I don't think she represents me at all.

5-Why does anyone need 10 homes? Not just McCain, but his wife, too? And what is wrong with being rich? Well, they profess to be Christians, and the bible clearly states a man is to give up his possessions to follow Christ. I do judge someone by what they profess to be. Their bible clearly states:
“You lack one thing; go, sell all that you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow me.” (Mark 10:21)

Luke 14:33 "So then, none of you can be My Disciple who does not give up all his own possessions."

There are more verses like this...it doesn't say be a philanthropist and do some charity work and keep your 10 homes.

There are people really hurting out there. How can someone have 10 homes and watch this go on? If someone is going to profess to be something, and is in the public eye and making all this known, and desiring to lead us, shouldn't we be looking at this?

6-McCain sounded eerily like Bush during his speech. The worn out trite sayings about our nation. Some sounded so strained. Like he didn't even believe what he was saying.

7-Yes, you were part of the Washington crowd.

8-We need someone who is a good manager. We have too much royalty.

What has Obama managed?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2008, 03:13 PM

4,978 posts, read 9,519,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmonellie View Post
What has Obama managed?

If you think the past 8 years were good for you, then you're on the rich side of the fence.

For those who worked hard and lost a lot, it wasn't.

But the Religious Right wants to blame anyone who has misfortune as their fault. They won't look at the economy and what is really going on...till it happens to THEM.

Old 09-08-2008, 03:13 PM

2,137 posts, read 3,861,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clongirl View Post
300,000$ for his wife's dress (the cost of a home) is impressive. Yeah, they represent the middle class don't you know!
The dress was not $300,000. Try again.

Old 09-08-2008, 03:15 PM

3,425 posts, read 6,313,327 times
The Republican party is in crisis. No one is honest enough to address the fact that Mc Cain and Palin are some of the least intelligent people to ever run for president. Even the Rush Limbaughs, Sean Hannity's of the world are not honest enough to admit to the fact that Mc Cain is absolutely pathetic and the Republican party is not what it used to be. All I see is a bunch of brainwashed partisan idiots that are willing to stand up for whatever the Republicans do and absolutely fail to recognize their own flaws. I would never vote for Mc Cain because is uneducated, dumb and oblivious, I would be embarassed to support someone that does not know that Czechoslovakia has not existed for 15 years, or that Pakistan and Iraq do not share a border. Once this party goes back to its original values, I may consider voting for a qualified Republican, not just any two simpletons like Mc Cain and Palin

Old 09-08-2008, 03:16 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,611,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebulous1 View Post
I was a registered Republican for many years.
After Reagan, it appears that the Neocon Right Wingers hijacked the Republican party.

Bush is not a conservative at all. What he is, I am not sure of...but he has led this country down a dangerous slope.

I am now an independent. I am a Patriot, and care about where my country will be in the next 100 years after I am gone.

Here are reasons why McCain and Palin turn me off:

1-Palin doesn't represent me. I am a working mom. She has nothing in common with my situation. She will represent big oil with the opening of ANWR. I am not a born again.
I heard of her years ago. She is not new to me. There is no dislike, but she does not represent me.

2-McCain's insensitivity to the economy. Repeating how the economy is great and stable, ad nauseum, is only an irritant to voters. You can tell me the key lime pie is great, but when I am eating it, I make the judgement.
Unemployment is a fudged figure. Many who have lost jobs didn't qualify for unemployment. Or are greatly underemployed. So it is higher than the figure we get.

3-Overly inflated self worth. Going on and on about how they are picked to do this job. Okay, we get the picture.

4-McCain's use of Palin. Telling us how we have met her, and how he can't wait to introduce her to Washington. I knew who Palin was years ago. He seems to think she is his secret weapon. Maybe she is. But again, I don't think she represents me at all.

5-Why does anyone need 10 homes? Not just McCain, but his wife, too? And what is wrong with being rich? Well, they profess to be Christians, and the bible clearly states a man is to give up his possessions to follow Christ. I do judge someone by what they profess to be. Their bible clearly states:
“You lack one thing; go, sell all that you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow me.” (Mark 10:21)

Luke 14:33 "So then, none of you can be My Disciple who does not give up all his own possessions."

There are more verses like this...it doesn't say be a philanthropist and do some charity work and keep your 10 homes.

There are people really hurting out there. How can someone have 10 homes and watch this go on? If someone is going to profess to be something, and is in the public eye and making all this known, and desiring to lead us, shouldn't we be looking at this?

6-McCain sounded eerily like Bush during his speech. The worn out trite sayings about our nation. Some sounded so strained. Like he didn't even believe what he was saying.

7-Yes, you were part of the Washington crowd.

8-We need someone who is a good manager. We have too much royalty.

well said. There is a great deal of hypocrisy. I used to be Republican, My mother loved Reagan, and he seems mild and honest when compared to what we see now.

The lying and facades we see now with Mccain is unparalelled. I actually watched the RNC and Cindy McCain did alot of charitable works, but how much of that seems over-compensation. Her bio was the only segment of the RNC I could stomach, at least she traveled overseas and learned a little about the impoverished....

Americans are tired of lying and pandering. Mccain isn't even a good salesman, the reason he has that female mascot.

Old 09-08-2008, 03:20 PM

1,868 posts, read 5,684,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cousinsal View Post
Well, neither Bush or Palin represent me - Palin is the worst, being so right-wing. But, she also turns me off with her arrogant attitude - she acts like she's God's gift to America.

She's just got that nasty snotty-nosed look on her face, and it makes me want to slap her. Remember when your mother used to say, "now, wipe that smug look off of your face right now, or I'm going to do it for you"?
ha ha ...exactly!! I shake my head everytime someone goes on and on how great her speech was! She comes across like a comedian to me....sarcastic and not very professional....I don't get it.

Old 09-08-2008, 03:21 PM

1,868 posts, read 5,684,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmonellie View Post
The dress was not $300,000. Try again.
well......... http://www.usmagazine.com/news/vanity-fair-estimates-cindy-mccains-outfit-at-313000 (broken link)

ok ...so it was the whole ensemble......

Old 09-08-2008, 03:23 PM

3,980 posts, read 8,994,196 times
Now I see how ridiculous the whole "change" mantra being used by the Republicans is. Hmm, let's find someone with the same values as GWB. But wait, she's different! Here's the big change... she's a woman! But wait, not just any woman. She's cute! She's just a humble hockey mom from a small village AND was involved with the PTA.. Oh, but she can speak really well too! That's what I call change! That's such an impressive change for our country! Wow, I can really sense the changes!

Old 09-08-2008, 03:25 PM

1,748 posts, read 2,480,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clongirl View Post
Now I see how ridiculous the whole "change" mantra being used by the Republicans is. Hmm, let's find someone with the same values as GWB. But wait, she's different! Here's the big change... she's a woman! But wait, not just any woman. She's cute! She's just a humble hockey mom from a small village AND was involved with the PTA.. Oh, but she can speak really well too! That's what I call change! That's such an impressive change for our country! Wow, I can really sense the changes!
Sarah Palin = change we can believe in......pure comedy!...lol

Old 09-08-2008, 03:38 PM

532 posts, read 859,722 times
Thumbs down If only-----

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
When is the last time we had a president who was middle class? Clinton? Nope. Not either of the bushes, certainly not the kennedys. Let's look at the latest crop of potus wannabes....lets see, hillary - multi millinaire, Kerry = multi millionaire, edwards = multi millionaire, romney = multi imillionaire, huckabee = millionaire, mccain = multi millionaire, and of course the obamas = millionaires.
Interesting, isn't it how many millionaires end up in 'public service'? Myself, I find this a little disconcerting........
If only an honest person could afford to run. The millionaries have it sewed up,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections