Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2008, 02:58 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,852,058 times

Advertisements

you know what? you can make fun of mccain's age without being an ageist, you can make fun of clinton or palin without being a sexist, and you can use the word negro without being a racist. I don't use it, but south america does. when I buy goya black beans, they are called frijoles negros. are you going to picket goya?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brattpowered View Post
I bet this will be followed by a bunch of conservatives coming on here to say that we are whining "racism" and that there isn't anyone out there who won't vote for Obama because of his race.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2008, 02:59 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,587,085 times
I really couldn't care less about his ethnicity. He is of mixed ethnicity like many. He is free to choose how he identifies himself.

Old 09-18-2008, 03:02 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,730,484 times
What does this have to do with South America? You're trying to make it sound like the OP lives there.

Old 09-18-2008, 03:10 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,607,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
the black man he says he is. So the big question is why does he keep trying to pass himself off for one?

An update on Barack Obama's - and everybody else's - ethnic ID Reading between the lines

Arabs do not intermarry with African Negroes in Kenya, or anywhere else in Africa. And neither do African Negroes intermarry with Arabs. Your ignorance of the realities of the African continent is appalling.

Which brings up the New York Times-created legend of Barack Obama's great grandmother. The "black" Obama "great-grandmother" trotted out by the NY Times is his "step" great grandparent. She is therefore not in his bloodline. It's a point the Times didn't dwell upon, just as they didn't bother to go to his father's relatives in the capital and show off their Arab characteristics and family photos.

This brings up another point about the senator’s father. Please note that the Times ran into a serious problem describing his father's relationship with a woman in Kenya that existed when he married "Barry's" mother in Hawaii. It turns out that Mr. Obama was already married to the Kenyan (who was not African Negro either.). That makes Senator Obama the product of a bigamous marriage. And we all know what that means as far as the legality of the marriage and the legitimacy of the marriage's offspring.

I had to laugh watching them wordsmith the relationship with the Kenyan woman as "unclear" and end up calling her his "consort."

http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/a...arab-amer.html

----

Obama is something like 50% white 35% Arab and 15% African Negro

Why does he try to pass himself off as an African-American (Black).

Obama is decieving and sneeky that is why.

Obinladin could be dismissed by way of failing the major test....American born!!!!!
I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt here and assume that you are blind. So I'll let you in on something. If you had the sense of sight, you'd see that he is black. I'm sorry that no one told you that before; knowing that would probably have cleared things up for you.

Old 09-18-2008, 03:13 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,852,058 times
no, I am saying that it's an acceptable word.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
What does this have to do with South America? You're trying to make it sound like the OP lives there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections