Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 04:10 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,176,449 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommabear2 View Post
Oh give me a break, I can call it what I want. Oh, and I don't care if you call it anti-choice. If you or anyone else is offended by the pro-abortion term, I don't really care about that either.
It is an incorrect term. I am not pro-abortion for myself, but I don't think my opinion should be forced on every woman in the country. I could call you a few other things, but the moderator would surely cut them out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2008, 04:40 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,011,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
teatime has inspired me. I'm going to give $$ to Obama AND Planned Parenthood today!
Oh, you go! Mama always said "a fool and his money are soon parted." With any luck, the abortion you pay for will be that of a likely liberal.

Old 09-10-2008, 04:46 PM

1,177 posts, read 2,240,512 times
Calm down. Abortion's legality isn't going to ever change. It's an emotional issue used to charge up voters on "both sides."

If you honestly believe abortion is a critical issue for the 2008 Presidential election, you're probably not bright enough to vote. Please, stay home on election day. We need voters who are concerned about things like war, truth, freedom, the economy, and security just to name a few.

If abortion is ever made illegal in my lifetime, I'll eat a pig. Better yet, make that a lipstick-wearing pig.

Old 09-10-2008, 06:18 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,176,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
Oh, you go! Mama always said "a fool and his money are soon parted." With any luck, the abortion you pay for will be that of a likely liberal.
If ignorance is bliss, then what a wonderfully blissful little world you must live in! I'm going to look for a forum where I can have an intelligent discussion with someone.

Old 09-10-2008, 06:26 PM

2,783 posts, read 6,676,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
If Sarah Palin has her way, it will be literally a crime to exercise your right to choose. Sorry to lay this out for you, but imagine this terrible scenario...you daughter, sister or friend is raped and impreganted by a degenerate or worse yet, a relative. Your loved one is forced to have the child because abortion is illegal under any circumstances. Isn't this insane? Somebody needs to ask her what the penalty will be for seeking an illegal abortion. She made the choices for what was appropriate in her life, but I'll be damned if this extremist will ever make the choice for me or mine.

We do not need Supreme Court Judges put in place by these right wing lunatics. That is what is on the table if heaven forbid, this abonimable ticket is voted into office. Roe v. Wade will be overturned and stem cell research will be off the table. These individuals do not believe in science and are waiting around for the "End Time." If being sucked up into the ether is what she is waiting for, may her wish come true. Go away Sarah Palin, you nut job..I dont want you in my consciousness or in the White House.
No alternative opinions allowed. Women MUST think one way. Dare to disagree and you will be punished. Bad kitty.

Old 09-10-2008, 07:15 PM

874 posts, read 1,855,958 times
Quote:
Did you not read MY FULL RESPONSE? The medical protocol for treating a rape victim includes the morning-after pill. Problem solved.
I haven't read through the entire thread so forgive me if I am repeating something here. Many women who have been raped are traumatized and do not seek help in time to utilize the "medical protocol" you refer to. Many victims of incest suffer repeated rapes without getting any medical intervention. If a child of 12 comes to doctors after someone discovers she is pregnant she is likely to be beyond the "problem" solution you espouse.

Old 09-10-2008, 09:37 PM

2,779 posts, read 7,523,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
THIS IS BOGAS CRAP AND NOTHING MORE THAN A SMEAR!!
no wonder Obama and his hacks are going down the toubes!
Why can't McCain supporters spell? From months on this forum, it's the one thing I can discern that they have in common.

Old 09-10-2008, 09:44 PM

351 posts, read 487,321 times
I will never understand why people are so gung ho to restrict the rights of others. It's pro-choice. You have your choice and I have mine. I'm not going to force you to have an abortion why would you want to force me to have a child?

Old 09-10-2008, 09:55 PM

4,104 posts, read 5,310,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
If Sarah Palin has her way, it will be literally a crime to exercise your right to choose.
I suggest you watch a few old episodes of Schoolhouse Rock. Palin (nor McCain) has the power to enact law. As for appointing judges, it would be years, if not decades, before a case is heard again. There is nothing in the appellate stage at this point to cause concern.

The biggest threat to you baby killers is that you might actually have to pay for it yourselves. Lucky for you, Obama is going to give you all Universal Health Care. I'm sure baby killing will only be a $20 co-pay under his plan. What are you worried about?

Old 09-10-2008, 10:00 PM

4,978 posts, read 9,515,416 times
Quote:
Did you not read MY FULL RESPONSE? The medical protocol for treating a rape victim includes the morning-after pill. Problem solved.

Palin would make that illegal. She said she is against abortion, even when the pregnancy results from rape or incest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections