Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 04:33 AM

1,490 posts, read 2,254,563 times

Advertisements

Any of you fellow posters getting bored with the Palin coverage...when are we ever going to get to the issues?

This tabloid onslaught of celebrity by the GOP is getting tiring. No wonder this country has slid way down on the world's admiration meter...spoiled, self-interested "celebrity-politicians" getting down and dirty in the mud-wrestling ring, what a joke!

Again I ask, where is the honor in "winning" by distorting truths and deceiving the voters?

How many of you cheering on the GOP slime machine realize how serious this election is? We are in a real pile of crap as a country right now! This is time for leadership, not a popularity game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2008, 04:40 AM

10,599 posts, read 17,920,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vickilynn View Post
Any of you fellow posters getting bored with the Palin coverage...when are we ever going to get to the issues?

This tabloid onslaught of celebrity by the GOP is getting tiring. No wonder this country has slid way down on the world's admiration meter...spoiled, self-interested "celebrity-politicians" getting down and dirty in the mud-wrestling ring, what a joke!

Again I ask, where is the honor in "winning" by distorting truths and deceiving the voters?

How many of you cheering on the GOP slime machine realize how serious this election is? We are in a real pile of crap as a country right now! This is time for leadership, not a popularity game.
Ahhhhhhh....so it was the GOP slime machine that started the Palin attacks from day one, lies and outright animosity that is still going on on every single solitary media outlet 24/7.

"Dont shake the apple tree if you dont want to get hit on the head" That's another axiom not involving lipstick.

And if you want to give advice about leadership, call your buddy Barry. He seems to be the one with the MOST leadership problems right now, acting like a 7th grader in the school yard using pig with lipstick metaphors. He's melting........is that you're true concern?

Old 09-10-2008, 04:45 AM

1,490 posts, read 2,254,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by runswithscissors View Post
Ahhhhhhh....so it was the GOP slime machine that started the Palin attacks from day one, lies and outright animosity that is still going on on every single solitary media outlet 24/7.

"Dont shake the apple tree if you dont want to get hit on the head" That's another axiom not involving lipstick.

And if you want to give advice about leadership, call your buddy Barry. He seems to be the one with the MOST leadership problems right now, acting like a 7th grader in the school yard using pig with lipstick metaphors. He's melting........is that you're true concern?
See...this is all there is to discuss?
YOU know the comment wasn't aimed at her....but that is all the Republican backers have to talk about.

Let's get out of the gutter folks...

Old 09-10-2008, 04:53 AM

2,305 posts, read 3,046,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by runswithscissors View Post

Don't look at the man behind the screen...

Old 09-10-2008, 04:53 AM

10,599 posts, read 17,920,301 times
Quote:
See...this is all there is to discuss?
YOU know the comment wasn't aimed at her....but that is all the Republican backers have to talk about.

Let's get out of the gutter folks...
What are you even talking about the lipstick comment for? That was not the point of my post but of course you pulled one WORD out to focus on?

lolol Classic.

Why NOW are you championing the cause of getting the conversation "on track"? Why didnt you take that position from the start?

And why can't you admit that it was NOT THE GOP that started the high drama high negative high powered focus on Palin that caused this FLOPPED OBAMA ASSAULT.

Just like OBAMA he's never able to say he was wrong.

Old 09-10-2008, 05:28 AM

4,462 posts, read 8,036,215 times
I dont' know

but for the life of me Palin reminds me historically as one of the female social workers in historical films in Nazi Germany, attending one of the Fuhrer's speech's at one of the Sports stadiums- I recall one Hitler addressing them at the onset of the Battle of Britain in 1940- they where as Palin; Shrill loud and fervent.

As for McCain- he reminds me as one of the ghouls in the horror classic 'The Night of the Living Dead'.

Lipstick on a Pig? More like a Nazi

McCain's vision sticks.

Old 09-10-2008, 05:30 AM

2,783 posts, read 6,680,707 times
Quote:

Democrats in complete meltdown phase right now.

Old 09-10-2008, 05:39 AM

2,058 posts, read 5,866,343 times
Totally... I'm bored... not only am I bored, I'm a little irritated that they aren't talking about issues. It's not like we have the luxury to chat about lipstick, hairstyles, or the stupid bridge to nowhere that she keeps saying "thanks but no thanks".... (I think she said it 7 different times in her stump speeches)...um how does this help the American people?

And you betcha I'm worried. I don't underestimate the Rovian tactics of this election. Choosing her was a gimmick, plain and simple. It wasn't in the best interest of the Americans and it will prove to be a very close race, I'm not sure who will win. I'm worried folks.

Old 09-10-2008, 05:42 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,051,924 times
Questions for Palin.
Wait for the debates.
And get out the vote.

Old 09-10-2008, 05:43 AM

46 posts, read 225,138 times
Quote:

I think you meant to say JEALOUS instead of Bored.... You obviously wish that the Rockstar Obama was still getting all of the limelight...

As for arguing issues instead of gaffs, rumors and other BS.. I'd love to see political issues in the forefront of the debate, but every election I've participated in (from local to federal) has focused on winning the hearts of people rather than the brain... This stuff is done on both sides and has been going on longer than we've been around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections