Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2008, 08:27 PM

16 posts, read 17,313 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
Like a video of the person speaking?
First, I was not necessarily directing this statement to you. I was making a general statement in regard to another post. It is true that much of what you see people referencing has no credibility.

Secondly, try to actually listen to the whole video so you can get the entire meaning from it and not the meaning that the biased, left-wing Gibson wants you to hear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2008, 08:34 PM

2,305 posts, read 3,043,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by capron007 View Post
And this is the ACTUAL exact quote:
“Pray for our Military men and woman who are striving to do what is also right for this Country. Pray that our leaders, our National Leaders, are sending them on a task that is from God. That is what we must pray for. That there is a plan and that plan is God’s plan. So bless them with your prayers - prayers and protection over our soldiers.”

You're exact words were:

"Reality is something you grasp."

So just because those were your 'exact words', I guess you were complimenting me! Thanks bud! I appreciate it.
So you seriously believe that taking words out of the middle of a sentence is the same thing? No wonder you agree with what she says - you can make it sound like anything you want it to in your head.

I'll type slowly while I explain this so you will hopefully understand it.

It does not matter that she prayed for it to be a task from God. The fact is that she wants the war to be a task from God. A task from God is the issue - not whether she prayed for it to be, not whether it is part of an over all plan from God, not whether she is hoping that it is and that we are following this plan from God. The fact that she is associating the war to be something that God condones or plans or assigns us is the problem.

There are only two groups of people that would want a war to be something that is a part of God's plan. The Islamic terrorists that we are fighting and the right wing extremists in this country.

Old 09-20-2008, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rightofcenter View Post
So you seriously believe that taking words out of the middle of a sentence is the same thing? No wonder you agree with what she says - you can make it sound like anything you want it to in your head.

I'll type slowly while I explain this so you will hopefully understand it.

It does not matter that she prayed for it to be a task from God. The fact is that she wants the war to be a task from God. A task from God is the issue - not whether she prayed for it to be, not whether it is part of an over all plan from God, not whether she is hoping that it is and that we are following this plan from God. The fact that she is associating the war to be something that God condones or plans or assigns us is the problem.

There are only two groups of people that would want a war to be something that is a part of God's plan. The Islamic terrorists that we are fighting and the right wing extremists in this country.
Oh...I see how it is...so it's only OK for Democratic Presidents to pray for our troops?!
YouTube - Prayer, God and War: The Media Elites v. Palin, Clinton, JFK, FDR, and Lincoln

She is did not say this is a task from God. She's simply saying that we should PRAY that it is. Period. To construe that into the belief that she is 'associating the war to be something that God condones or plans' is a pretty big stretch. I certainly would hope that we are doing the right thing too. There's nothing wrong with praying for that. She has a son in the military...she doesn't want to be at war! Have you listened to anything else she's said, or do you only listen to what the biassed left-wing media produces?

And removing something from the front, middle or end of a statement is all the same. If you don't quote something exactly as it was said you lose context. You keep talking and eventually I'll be able to take something out of context in a way you will approve of. Of course, you'll still argue that it's not 'the same thing'. It's really simple...context is context. Gibson left out important pieces (the first 4 words and the final sentances) that gave meaning to what she said. I have a hard time believing that you really can't see it, but instead construe it into Palin wanting war just like Islamic terrorists and right wing extremists??

But you see, this is what you and the left want! Since the top of the Democrat ticket can't even compete with the bottom of the Republican ticket, you people will try everything in your power...even taking things out of context or attacking with rumors that are eventually proven false...all in the hopes of helping Obama become President of the U.S.--someone with multiple extremist friends, a whopping 143 days of active service in Congress, someone so indecisive that he voted 'Present' more than he voted 'Yes' or 'No' and someone who voted against legislation that would protect babies from 'live birth abortions'!

But I have hope in the American people. I have hope that they are smart enough to see past the bias and lack of reporting in the media and see the truth. Recent polls showed that close to 70% of Americans believe the media is trying to help Obama get elected. People are not stupid...well the majority anyway.

Old 09-20-2008, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Oh...I see how it is...so it's only OK for Democratic Presidents to pray for our troops?!
YouTube - Prayer, God and War: The Media Elites v. Palin, Clinton, JFK, FDR, and Lincoln

She is did not say this is a task from God. She's simply saying that we should PRAY that it is. Period. To construe that into the belief that she is 'associating the war to be something that God condones or plans' is a pretty big stretch.
I have stated that she was praying that it was.
http://www.city-data.com/forum/5238086-post11.html

Nobody has ever said that praying for the troops is wrong - I do it everyday! Or that we should not pray, or that other leaders have prayed. It is what she was praying for - she was praying that the war was a task from God.

I 100% agree that she is saying that we should PRAY that it is a task from God.

But that is the problem - there is only one type of person that thinks we should pray that a war is a task from God - it's called a religious extremist - you see them in groups like Al Qaeda.

I too am confident that the American people will see this for what it is. Religious extremism.

Old 09-20-2008, 09:43 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Quote:
The fact is that she wants the war to be a task from God.
Is that really what you heard on that tape? If so, you are deep in PDS.

The tape is clear and in context.

Old 09-20-2008, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Is that really what you heard on that tape? If so, you are deep in PDS.

The tape is clear and in context.
Did you read anything else that was written before and after that statement or are you doing what you are accusing Gibson of doing?

Old 09-20-2008, 10:13 PM

4,978 posts, read 9,515,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brikag View Post
God's plan....to kill innocent women and children? Is that her version of god's plan? What is god's plan? Win this "holy" war? What is god's plan? Spread the word of god to the muslim world by shooting these innocent women and children? What's is god's plan? Only "PitBull" Palin knows. And I'm sure she'll enforce it to McCain!

Sounds like George W. Bush all over again? Didn't anyone LEARN from the past 2 elections that the one going on and on about God, and knowing what God wants, ad nauseum, is just using the American public?

Old 09-20-2008, 10:14 PM

4,978 posts, read 9,515,416 times
Quote:
Did you read anything else that was written before and after that statement or are you doing what you are accusing Gibson of doing?

I think some forms of religious cultism are mentally off balance, and if anyone can read something bad into what Gibson asked, maybe this is like that?

Old 09-20-2008, 10:18 PM

Quote:
I have stated that she was praying that it was.
http://www.city-data.com/forum/5238086-post11.html

Nobody has ever said that praying for the troops is wrong - I do it everyday! Or that we should not pray, or that other leaders have prayed. It is what she was praying for - she was praying that the war was a task from God.

I 100% agree that she is saying that we should PRAY that it is a task from God.

But that is the problem - there is only one type of person that thinks we should pray that a war is a task from God - it's called a religious extremist - you see them in groups like Al Qaeda.

I too am confident that the American people will see this for what it is. Religious extremism.

Then Obama must be an extremist right? I mean, look at all of his extremist friends...how can you be friends with people like that and not be influenced? Why would we want someone who's friends with a terrorist to be our President?

Old 09-20-2008, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Then Obama must be an extremist right? I mean, look at all of his extremist friends...how can you be friends with people like that and not be influenced? Why would we want someone who's friends with a terrorist to be our President?
Ah the classic - Yeah But! Talk about taking a leap - from Palin's own words to someone that Obama knows. You can try to change the subject but that doesn't change the facts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections