Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2008, 10:14 AM

2,079 posts, read 4,952,308 times

Advertisements

- Three out of the four are HIGHLY EDUCATED graduates of prestigious world renowned universities.

- Three out of four were not nursing a newborn infant, while at the same time filling highly demanding political offices

- As women, three out of the four are perceived, recognized and achieved political success as a result of their hard workd, as opposed to their looks, pagentry and how "hot" their supportes thought they were.

- Three out of the four did/does not have a pregnant teenage daughter while they were serving in office.

- Three out of the four come across as tough political women with a world view and scope of political knowledge beyond that of local and state government.

- Two out of the four have spouses who are also highly educated from world renowned Universities and were/are diplomats, Presidents or involved in high level politics or business. One out of the four is single without a nursing infant. And one out of four has a spouse who, is a fisherman and snowmobile rider.

- Three out of the four, if called upon today to serve as President of their nation has the world and national political knowledge and experence to lead the their country by negotiating with other world leaders, establishing national policies, leading the Armed Forces, and successfully working with and uniting political parties of their nations for the good of their nation.

So, who does not belong...

Last edited by dorado0359; 09-15-2008 at 10:43 AM.. Reason: e
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2008, 10:16 AM

6,762 posts, read 11,631,332 times
I think your post doesn't belong.

Old 09-15-2008, 10:38 AM

3,454 posts, read 7,410,714 times
I especially like the elitist part about the "...spouses who are also highly educated from world renowned Universities and were/are diplomats or involved in high level politics or business..."

Oh and there's a problem with Palin having a small child while holding down an important position? Hello, that shows resourcefulness and ability to multi-task. You make it sound like she's barefoot and toothless.

What a snob you are.

I won't even go point-by-point. Good grief.

Old 09-15-2008, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbkaren View Post
I especially like the elitist part about the "...spouses who are also highly educated from world renowned Universities and were/are diplomats or involved in high level politics or business..."

Oh and there's a problem with Palin having a small child while holding down an important position? Hello, that shows resourcefulness and ability to multi-task. You make it sound like she's barefoot and toothless.

What a snob you are.

I won't even go point-by-point. Good grief.
Well, apparently the truth certainly hurts.

Old 09-15-2008, 10:50 AM

5,969 posts, read 9,565,938 times
This is exactly why I as a Hillary supporter am not voting for Obama. People like you dorado0359 are not helping your cause.

Old 09-15-2008, 10:54 AM

2,857 posts, read 6,726,338 times
I would have more respect for these posters if they would just admit that Sarah Palin is less qualified, less achieved, less experienced, less seasoned, than these other women. Admitting that would not have to affect who they prefer as president.

I am willing to admit that McCain has more experience than Obama. I will still support Obama because I disagree so fundamentally with the direction McCain wants to take this country. Experience is important, but the issues are more important, in my humble opinion.

Old 09-15-2008, 10:56 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,587,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
- Three out of the four are HIGHLY EDUCATED graduates of prestigious world renowned universities....
Okay. Do you think that education made Bush successful? If you don't go to a "world renowned university" can you not be qualified?

Quote:
- - Three out of four were not nursing a newborn infant, while at the same time filling highly demanding political offices...
Biden is a hero for taking care of his family while in Washington, as a single father. Why can't she do it? Maybe her husband is able, with her help, to do the job.

Quote:
- - As women, three out of the four are perceived, recognized and achieved political success as a result of their hard workd, as opposed to their looks, pagentry and how "hot" their supportes thought they were....
Hillary's experience was being in the other room while Bill was President. Palin won elections and ran a state - as did Bill Clinton.
Quote:
- - Three out of the four did/does not have a pregnant teenage daughter while they were serving in office....
Because there is a difficulty in the family, she can't hold office? Doesn't Hillary have some concerns at home as well? Please tell me other jobs that disqualifies a person from holding. Didn't the Clinton's ask that Chelsea be kept out of the political discussions?
Quote:
- - Three out of the four come across as tough political women with a world view and scope of political knowledge beyond that of local and state government...
Didn't people complain that Palin seemed angry in her acceptance speech? If you're on the left, you're tough, on the right, you're angry?
Quote:
- - Two out of the four have spouses who are also highly educated from world renowned Universities and were/are diplomats or involved in high level politics or business. One out of the four is single without a nursing infant. And one out of four has a spouse who, is a fisherman and snowmobile rider....
Though Hillary suggests that the husband's occupation is a qualification for office, I don't buy it.
Quote:
- - Three out of the four, if called upon today to serve as President of their nation has the world and national political knowledge and experence to lead the their country by negotiating with other world leaders, establishing national policies, leading the Armed Forces, and successfully working with and uniting political parties of their nations for the good of their nation....
One served in GB, one didn't want the office, the other lost the nomination, and it's simply your opinion on the fourth.

Last edited by Rggr; 09-15-2008 at 11:08 AM..

Old 09-15-2008, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyJournalist View Post
This is exactly why I as a Hillary supporter am not voting for Obama. People like you dorado0359 are not helping your cause.
Hmmm...works both ways. I was going to vote for McCain/Palin but the Republicans started trashing Obama too much.

Last edited by dorado0359; 09-15-2008 at 11:09 AM.. Reason: e

Old 09-15-2008, 11:03 AM

3,454 posts, read 7,410,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
...Though Hillary suggests that the husband's occupation is a qualification for office, I don't buy it..."
Hillary had to say that because good grief, what other qualifications did she have? lol

Old 09-15-2008, 11:03 AM

3,964 posts, read 10,633,731 times
Default Amen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by domino View Post
I would have more respect for these posters if they would just admit that Sarah Palin is less qualified, less achieved, less experienced, less seasoned, than these other women. Admitting that would not have to affect who they prefer as president.

I am willing to admit that McCain has more experience than Obama. I will still support Obama because I disagree so fundamentally with the direction McCain wants to take this country. Experience is important, but the issues are more important, in my humble opinion.
I totally agree with this post. In my opinion, neither ticket is perfect. That said, I support Obama-Biden because I feel we will be far safer with that administration, not to mention protecting women's rights.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections