Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2008, 08:19 PM

4,273 posts, read 15,252,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
For 5 and a half years, McCain didn't have a house. Now it's your turn.
I would've repped you but apparently I already have for something else recently.

Not to say that being a POW automatically qualifies you to be president but those who shame him for not knowing how many homes he owns is absolutely ridiculous. I run the finances in the house and if my husband ran for president right now, he would have no idea how much his family's networth is. I'm pretty sure (though I could be wrong) Cindy's the one that's got all the money so if he missed a home or two that she's mentioned to him, I'm not going to knock him for it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2008, 08:20 PM

2,886 posts, read 7,134,871 times
Once upon a time, there was a president who after 9/11 suggested everyone go shopping. A few weeks later, his team advised all of us to make sure we had ample supplies of duct tape.

All was well.

Some 7 years later, his heir hopeful said the fundamentals are sound.

Our workers are strong. All is well.

7,730 posts, read 14,157,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foma View Post
I would've repped you but apparently I already have for something else recently.

Not to say that being a POW automatically qualifies you to be president but those who shame him for not knowing how many homes he owns is absolutely ridiculous. I run the finances in the house and if my husband ran for president right now, he would have no idea how much his family's networth is. I'm pretty sure (though I could be wrong) Cindy's the one that's got all the money so if he missed a home or two that she's mentioned to him, I'm not going to knock him for it.
McCain is also an expert on banking. He can see a bank from one of his 7(?) houses.

27 posts, read 40,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
Not voting Obama either but I would rather have someone be honest about a situation than try to coddle people with BS and false statements. Notice he flip flopped later on that night with a "What I meant was...."

Obama = Idiot
Mccain = Idiot
America = Screwed
As far as I know, US is still the strongest country in the world, and importantly, US currency is still the world currency for oil market. The financial market will turn positive.

Old 09-16-2008, 08:21 PM

4,273 posts, read 15,252,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
McCain is also an expert on banking. He can see a bank from one of his 7(?) houses.
lol, maybe he's got one in Alaska that's closer to Russia than Palin's. heehee

Old 09-16-2008, 08:21 PM

7,730 posts, read 14,157,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzco View Post
Once upon a time, there was a president who after 9/11 suggested everyone go shopping. A few weeks later, his team advised all of us to make sure we had ample supplies of duct tape.

All was well.

Our workers are strong.
Ignorance is strength for the GOP. Keep em dumb, scared, and partisan. It's a winning strategy. There is no way that this race can really be so close in the polls. The Democrats should have been able to run Hitler's corpse and beaten nearly all Republicans.

Old 09-16-2008, 08:22 PM

27 posts, read 40,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzco View Post

All was well.

Our workers are strong.
I thought US is a country of "FREEDOM"!! when did you last time follow government's suggestion on your personal life or spending or shopping?

Old 09-16-2008, 08:22 PM

2,265 posts, read 3,732,665 times
Quote:
Not voting Obama either but I would rather have someone be honest about a situation than try to coddle people with BS and false statements. Notice he flip flopped later on that night with a "What I meant was...."

Obama = Idiot
Mccain = Idiot
America = Screwed
I'm starting to agree with you. To bad I can't write in a candidate. Not impressed with Barr or Baldwin.

Old 09-16-2008, 08:25 PM

1,718 posts, read 2,424,993 times
Quote:
So you choose a leader that lies to it's people because he has no clue what is going on? Sounds like a winner to me I prefer smoke being blown up my a$$ too.
QFT.

I don't care who is doing the talking but stop lying, BSing and trying to make people feel better. Bush did that time and again. Oh here is a stimulus check. Really, everything is fine kids, just go spend now please. Yeah we see where that got us.

People, like idiots, bought into it. Now its time to put away the toys, the sunshine and roses and get real. The American people are not children to be coddled (most of the time). We are a strong people who will survive; we have before. Just be straight. The American spirit will survive bad news.

Old 09-16-2008, 08:25 PM
jco

2,121 posts, read 6,451,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foma View Post
Sam - You do have a point in that creating unnecessary panic would be a mistake.

What I'm tired of hearing is each candidate telling the media that the other candidate is wrong. I don't care what you think of the other person's policies. I care about what you are going to do about it when you get in the White House and need to clean up. All this generic mumbo-jumbo is not enough. I'm not expecting a full blown out plan but dang, give me something for me to sink my teeth into!
Amen to that. It's not like I think McCain is God's gift to the US or anything, but I've actually been looking for something of substance on this topic from Obama. I thought that of all days, today would be the one where he actually comes out with at least a semi-plan, but no. He points and says, "his fault." Honestly. I'm interested in knowing his ideas, but all I can ever read about is McCain saying something and then Obama pointing at him and saying that it was stupid. Perhaps he's not saying anything because he promised away billions in government programs to begin with, and he doesn't want us to remember? Is it that there is nothing that can save us now, so both candidates aren't addressing it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections