Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2008, 11:07 AM

7,359 posts, read 10,284,070 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Since when is religious persecution moving forward?

See...roman empire..
The Roman Empire indeed. It fell, remember? Just as we are in the process of failing, due to neo-conservative bullying and perversion of the democratic process.

Old 09-21-2008, 11:08 AM

4,604 posts, read 8,236,639 times
I think Teddy Roosevelt would have had a bully good time in a helicopter.

Old 09-21-2008, 11:08 AM

2,541 posts, read 2,740,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
Truth: She is bloodthirsty, she does believe in speaking in tongues, and she is a Pentecostal extremist. The sources I provided include videos of her which confirm my assertions. But you can find this information on all kinds of sources, left and right. If you choose not to bear witness to the truth yourself, that's your choice.
Really? She speaks in tounges. I wonder if they are all forked tounges. I heard something about her being in line to get the Heath candy bar fortune.

Old 09-21-2008, 11:09 AM

2,741 posts, read 8,889,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freefall View Post
Isn't there something wrong with a woman who likes to shoot animals from a helicopter? Is it fun for her? Its bad enough when men like to shoot tame animals, but its also sick.

You haven't seen a pack of wolves take down and eat a baby moose, have you? You haven't experienced a pack of wolves kill and eat your beloved family dog (as has happened dozens of times in Ak), have you? Guess why they're eating dogs: no other game to eat...that's why...they killed everything. So you'd rather have that over-abundance of wolves, and hardly any moose, than a balanced ecosystem? You know more about balancing predator and prey than the ADFG? You say you love animals? Yeah....ok...

Bud

Old 09-21-2008, 11:10 AM

26,639 posts, read 36,770,208 times
Quote:
It's really quiet simple. The wolf covers 85% of Alaska (big, huge, enormous Alaska) In a very few spots they allow hunting of the wolves for population control....other wise they eat till there is no more then they die off...
You mean the way that they did before aerial hunting?

I am from Alaska. My degree is in one of the natural sciences.

The wildlife would survive up there if aerial hunting were to stop.

Old 09-21-2008, 11:10 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,486,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
This woman is a hillbilly, what do you expect? Common sense, intelligence, awareness? I guess, the pro life position only applies when babies are concerned. She is just a typical religious nut, the ones that always talk about God, "morals" and "values" and yet get a kick out of shooting animals from a helicopter.
Those religious nuts....
http://www.americanrhetoric.com/mp3clips/politicalspeeches/jfkinauguralhhy.mp3 (broken link)

YouTube - Prayer, God and War: The Media Elites v. Palin, Clinton, JFK, FDR, and Lincoln

YouTube - Ronald Reagan Speech - 1964 Republican National Convention

Old 09-21-2008, 11:11 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,486,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
You mean the way that they did before aerial hunting?

I am from Alaska. My degree is in one of the natural sciences.

The wildlife would survive up there if aerial hunting were to stop.

Then you know exactly what the wildlife conservation is about and yet you undermine them?

Old 09-21-2008, 11:12 AM

7,923 posts, read 8,851,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy1980 View Post
Oh please every one who has ever eaten a piece of kfc or ground beef is just as guilty as hunting as sarah palin. I would never ever hunt but I do believe that if we don't eat them they would eat us.
But after killing the animal we don't go around preaching "Pro-Life".

Old 09-21-2008, 11:12 AM

7,359 posts, read 10,284,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudinAk View Post
You haven't seen a pack of wolves take down and eat a baby moose, have you? You haven't experienced a pack of wolves kill and eat your beloved family dog (as has happened dozens of times in Ak), have you? Guess why they're eating dogs: no other game to eat...that's why...they killed everything. So you'd rather have that over-abundance of wolves, and hardly any moose, than a balanced ecosystem? You know more about balancing predator and prey than the ADFG? You say you love animals? Yeah....ok...

Bud
I didn't say that there shouldn't be predator control. I said that there needs to be RESPONSIBLE predator control. And the ADFG does NOT represent the viewpoint of politically neutral (which the ADFG is NOT) wildlife experts. If you think that governmental agencies are apolitical, you're living in a dream world. Ask the American Indians about the BIA, or the people who've suffered because of industry-bought executives of the USDA or the FDA. Get a clue.

Sarah Palin, predator control, shooting wolves | Salon

Old 09-21-2008, 11:14 AM

2,541 posts, read 2,740,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudinAk View Post

Bud
If the game wardens need to reduce the wolves so be it. But for a woman to get their kicks and enjoy doing it? No thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections