Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2008, 11:35 AM

7,923 posts, read 8,863,352 times

Advertisements

Maybe Krogers have run out of food so they have to hunt to eat?

Old 09-21-2008, 11:42 AM

20,318 posts, read 37,308,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
Yes, there is something fundamentally wrong with such a woman. Most hunters--who are required to follow a code of ethics in most states--find her behavior repulsive because it is clearly cruel and inhumane, and no self-respecting hunter would do this. The woman is seriously deranged. Why people cannot see this--or refuse to see it--is beyond me.
Hunting from the air in Alaska is illegal to hunters, but Fish & Game (and those authorized by F&G) can legally kill wolves from the air in certain areas of Alaska to allow for moose populations to rebound. You have no idea of what you are talking about, because your mind has been clouded by emotional nonsense.

Do you find abortions humane? How about the rape and killings taking place in your neighborhoods? Where do you think the Big Mac you stuff in your pie hole comes from? A rock? How about the leather on your shoes, gloves, purse, etc.? Do you think that plants are not alive when you rip them to pieces to eat them, or the grass on your lawn when you mow it, or the trees to provide lumber to build your home?

Last edited by RayinAK; 09-21-2008 at 11:59 AM..

Old 09-21-2008, 11:43 AM

18,949 posts, read 43,778,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
Let's get Real here. People who hunt do it because they enjoy it. Simple. They do NOT think about animal control, Do they check with local widlife organisations before they hunt as to what animals need culling or what animals should be spared? NO! They enjoy hunting, that's it. Stop the excuses and own up. Last thing on their minds is conservation.
I glad you know everything about everyone.

Old 09-21-2008, 11:45 AM

26,639 posts, read 36,888,135 times
Ray...

Quote:
Hunting from the air in Alaska is illegal to hunters, but Fish & Game can legally kill wolves from the air in certain areas of Alaska to allow for moose populations to rebound. You have no idea of what you are talking about, because your mind has been clouded by emotional nonsense.
Alaska Fish and Game does not kill the wolves from the air.

They issue permits to private citizens to do that.

Old 09-21-2008, 11:45 AM

7,923 posts, read 8,863,352 times
PUULLLEEEEEASE! This is the 21st Century. Having to go "Huntin for food" is no longer a necessity. How many Hunters will starve if they don't go "Huntin". They do it for Enjoyment... Bottom line... So be honest.

Old 09-21-2008, 11:49 AM

26,639 posts, read 36,888,135 times
OK, geeoro.

There are plenty of people in Alaska who really do hunt and fish for food.

And they won't starve to death if aerial wolf hunting goes out of practice.

Old 09-21-2008, 11:50 AM

13,721 posts, read 19,325,201 times
Quote:
Let's get Real here. People who hunt do it because they enjoy it. Simple. They do NOT think about animal control, Do they check with local widlife organisations before they hunt as to what animals need culling or what animals should be spared? NO! They enjoy hunting, that's it. Stop the excuses and own up. Last thing on their minds is conservation.
Oh sheesh. Some people do enjoy hunting. But you don't know that they don't think about animal control. I think people who hunt probably are more in touch with nature and the order of things than those of us who don't. If you don't understand ecosystems, it's really quite amazing how one thing depends on another.

And about checking with what animals should be killed and should not? I think that's why there are hunting seasons, times that it is allowed to kill certain animals and other times it's not.

I don't like the thought of it, either, and I also don't like the idea of animals being raised for slaughter. But I do enjoy a steak now and then. I think hunting is a silly thing to bring up in regard to whether someone should be VP.

Old 09-21-2008, 11:51 AM

18,949 posts, read 43,778,266 times
Quote:
PUULLLEEEEEASE! This is the 21st Century. Having to go "Huntin for food" is no longer a necessity. How many Hunters will starve if they don't go "Huntin". They do it for Enjoyment... Bottom line... So be honest.
Some people do like to eat wild meat, rather than meat that's been pumped full of steroids and antibiotics (and who knows what else).

Old 09-21-2008, 11:51 AM

4,428 posts, read 4,491,756 times
As long as hunting is legal, canned or otherwise, you can't stop Americans from killing animals.

Old 09-21-2008, 11:52 AM

20,318 posts, read 37,308,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
You mean the way that they did before aerial hunting?

I am from Alaska. My degree is in one of the natural sciences.

The wildlife would survive up there if aerial hunting were to stop.
You may be from Alaska, and that's fine. But the predator control program taking place in Alaska is not "aerial hunting." This sort of hunting is illegal. I can fly-in to hunt, but can only "hunt" after a waiting period of 24 hours after landing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections