Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2008, 11:16 AM

7,923 posts, read 8,872,390 times

Advertisements

I hear there are some vacancies on one of the Seal Clubbing Expeditions, maybe Palin should Apply, She'd love it.

Old 09-21-2008, 11:17 AM

4,428 posts, read 4,496,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freefall View Post
Isn't there something wrong with a woman who likes to shoot animals from a helicopter? Is it fun for her? Its bad enough when men like to shoot tame animals, but its also sick.
Democrats think that hunting and fishing are sick.

Obama supports hunters rights. He must be sick too and you shouldn't vote for someone as barbaric as that.

Old 09-21-2008, 11:17 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,503,864 times
Hey I am in IDAHO and they aerial shoot problem animals here!

Old 09-21-2008, 11:20 AM

14,268 posts, read 19,017,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Hmm.. let's see...this is a tough one.....ohh yeah the Alaska fish and game has a program that needs these predators killed off. They have more credit than feelings and emotions...

[URL="http://wildlife.alaska.gov/regulations/pdfs/predator_control.pdf"]Bear and Wolf Control Supplement[/URL]

[URL="http://wildlife.alaska.gov/index.cfm?adfg=regulations.main"]Alaska Hunting and Trapping Regulations, Alaska Department of Fish and Game[/URL]

Then why has aerial shooting been banned in most states and why did the people of Alaska vote against it twice? Yes, some animals can be "predators" (actually man is the real predator) but look at the videos and you can see they are roaming in remote areas. She only supports this cruel practice because she is a hunter and her friends don't like the competition. This has absolutely nothing to do with protecting people in Alaska.

I can post links too.

[URL]http://www.alaskawolfkill.com/Palin_Letter.html[/URL]

This above letter has signatures from 172 experts in the field of wildlife management.

In this thread I elaborated when another member said many people don't understand Alaska's wildlife problem. Look at the names on the letter, i.e.,

Professor of Biology and Wildlife
University of Alaska

Biologist, Alaskan Chapter of
The Wildlife Society

Professor Emeritus, Institute of Arctic Biology
University of Alaska

Regional Wildlife Biologist
National Park Service
Alaska Region

Retired, Alaska Department
Fish and Game

Guess these people have no clue, do they?

[URL]https://www.city-data.com/forum/2008-presidential-election/432142-brutal-defenders-wildlife-ad.html[/URL]

Old 09-21-2008, 11:22 AM

9,598 posts, read 16,619,507 times
Either you believe in dominion or you do not. If you believe in dominion, there is nothing wrong with killing any animal besides a human. Religious people tend to believe this. A vast majority of Jews beleve this as they believe in the Old Testament. Yet man Jews are Democrats. Hmmmmmm.

Old 09-21-2008, 11:26 AM

20,340 posts, read 37,415,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
Wildlife experts in Alaska told her that her plan was irresponsible and unethical in its cruelty. That you can't just go around killing predators without knowing the ecological specifics of their territory. Otherwise, you risk causing an ecological meltdown in certain ecosystems. That predator control needs to be careful She didn't care, because Sarah Barracuda is a bloodthirsty, speaking-in-tongues, Pentecostal extremist, who thinks that God and a witch-hunter from Africa helped her to become Governor of Alaska. Seriously, I just cannot understand how any rational human being would support this woman. The unrelenting power of ideology, I guess.
It's almost incredible to see comments as yours being posted, all bases on emotions, without a thread of reality.

1. The wolf control program is NOT "her" plan. This plan was implemented before she became the new governor.

2. "Cruelty?" If you want to talk about cruelty, talk about the thousands of abortions you precious presidential nominee agrees with.

3. Yes, Alaska's Fish & Game do in fact follow the Alaska Constitution in relation to fish & game management in Alaska.

3. I see that your rabid hate for Palin is based on your emotional state of mind. Your hate religion, love animals over people, have no idea of what the Wolf Control Program in Alkaska is, and know nothing about Alaska.
----------
Were you aware that that wolf control programs also take place in the Canadian Yukon?

Old 09-21-2008, 11:27 AM

29,917 posts, read 39,576,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Then why has aerial shooting been banned in most states and why did the people of Alaska vote against it twice? Yes, some animals can be "predators" (actually man is the real predator) but look at the videos and you can see they are roaming in remote areas. She only supports this cruel practice because she is a hunter and her friends don't like the competition. This has absolutely nothing to do with protecting people in Alaska.

I can post links too.

http://www.alaskawolfkill.com/Palin_Letter.html

This above letter has signatures from 172 experts in the field of wildlife management.

In this thread I elaborated when another member said many people don't understand Alaska's wildlife problem. Look at the names on the letter, i.e.,
Professor of Biology and Wildlife
University of Alaska

Biologist, Alaskan Chapter of
The Wildlife Society

Professor Emeritus, Institute of Arctic Biology
University of Alaska

Regional Wildlife Biologist
National Park Service
Alaska Region

Retired, Alaska Department
Fish and Game

https://www.city-data.com/forum/2008-...ldlife-ad.html
Alaska is the largest of the 50 states, with a total area of 591,004 sq mi (1,530,699 sq km). Land takes up 570,833 sq mi (1,478,456 sq km) and inland water 20,171 sq mi (52,243 sq km). Alaska is more than twice the size of Texas, the next-largest state, and occupies 16% of the total US land area; the E-W extension is 2,261 mi (3,639 km); the maximum N-S extension is 1,420 mi (2,285 km).

Well you trek through it just to help solve a problem.....See the problems with the links you have is they aren't the regulators....They are sharing their opinion.

Old 09-21-2008, 11:30 AM

7,923 posts, read 8,872,390 times
Let's get Real here. People who hunt do it because they enjoy it. Simple. They do NOT think about animal control, Do they check with local widlife organisations before they hunt as to what animals need culling or what animals should be spared? NO! They enjoy hunting, that's it. Stop the excuses and own up. Last thing on their minds is conservation.

Old 09-21-2008, 11:33 AM

14,268 posts, read 19,017,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Either you believe in dominion or you do not. If you believe in dominion, there is nothing wrong with killing any animal besides a human. Religious people tend to believe this. A vast majority of Jews beleve this as they believe in the Old Testament. Yet man Jews are Democrats. Hmmmmmm.
I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you aren't anti-Semitic, although I do not know why my being Jewish has anything to do with the subject at hand.

You are absolutely wrong about the Jewish religion. Yes, animals are slaughtered in the Bible, but they are not supposed to suffer. Aerial hunting involves chasing a wolf until it is exhausted. Sometimes packs are killed, including the pups. Once exhausted, the wolves become easy targets. Also the hunter often doesn't get a clean shot and has to shoot the wolf several times before it bleeds to death. For Palin to offer a bounty of $150 for a leg is really sick IMO. She is glorifying this cruel act, not using it to control predators. Look at Sarah Palin and friends. Is this a person you want in the White House representing our country?
[URL]http://www.grizzlybay.org/SarahPalinInfoPage.htm[/URL]

BTW, I've read all 66 books in the Bible. Please show me where it talks about shooting animals with high powered shotguns from airplanes. I must have missed that passage. Enlighten me.

Last edited by justNancy; 09-21-2008 at 12:03 PM.. Reason: correct typo

Old 09-21-2008, 11:34 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,217,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freefall View Post
Isn't there something wrong with a woman who likes to shoot animals from a helicopter? Is it fun for her? Its bad enough when men like to shoot tame animals, but its also sick.
Oh, don't be so sexist! It's pretty sick no matter who does it and even more sick is why they want it done.

And a better question:

Is there something wrong with a woman who has to take her husband to work to hold her hand????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections