Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2008, 10:36 AM

2,541 posts, read 2,740,467 times

Advertisements

Isn't there something wrong with a woman who likes to shoot animals from a helicopter? Is it fun for her? Its bad enough when men like to shoot tame animals, but its also sick.

Old 09-21-2008, 10:37 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,483,645 times
1 of the 200 other threads on this subject weren't good enough to post in?

Old 09-21-2008, 10:38 AM

7,359 posts, read 10,283,424 times
Yes, there is something fundamentally wrong with such a woman. Most hunters--who are required to follow a code of ethics in most states--find her behavior repulsive because it is clearly cruel and inhumane, and no self-respecting hunter would do this. The woman is seriously deranged. Why people cannot see this--or refuse to see it--is beyond me.

Old 09-21-2008, 10:41 AM

13,721 posts, read 19,274,147 times
I can't say that I could ever be a hunter, but I'm not going to say Sarah Palin shouldn't be VP on the basis that she likes to hunt. Sheesh. Lots of people hunt. And animals that are killed in the wild live much better lives and are killed much more humanely than animals raised for slaughter. If you eat meat, I don't see how you can complain about animals being killed. I've always struggled with the whole animals being killed so I can eat thing but it's part of the natural order of things. If no animal was ever killed it would throw off the ecosystem. I don't know the answer to the whole thing, but I do know THAT is not a factor in deciding who to vote for.

Old 09-21-2008, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
Yes, there is something fundamentally wrong with such a woman. Most hunters--who are required to follow a code of ethics in most states--find her behavior repulsive because it is clearly cruel and inhumane, and no self-respecting hunter would do this. The woman is seriously deranged. Why people cannot see this--or refuse to see it--is beyond me.
Hmm.. let's see...this is a tough one.....ohh yeah the Alaska fish and game has a program that needs these predators killed off. They have more credit than feelings and emotions...

Bear and Wolf Control Supplement

Alaska Hunting and Trapping Regulations, Alaska Department of Fish and Game

Old 09-21-2008, 10:45 AM

7,359 posts, read 10,283,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Hmm.. let's see...this is a tough one.....ohh yeah the Alaska fish and game has a program that needs these predators killed off. They have more credit than feelings and emotions...

Bear and Wolf Control Supplement

Alaska Hunting and Trapping Regulations, Alaska Department of Fish and Game
Wildlife experts in Alaska told her that her plan was irresponsible and unethical in its cruelty. That you can't just go around killing predators without knowing the ecological specifics of their territory. Otherwise, you risk causing an ecological meltdown in certain ecosystems. That predator control needs to be careful She didn't care, because Sarah Barracuda is a bloodthirsty, speaking-in-tongues, Pentecostal extremist, who thinks that God and a witch-hunter from Africa helped her to become Governor of Alaska. Seriously, I just cannot understand how any rational human being would support this woman. The unrelenting power of ideology, I guess.

Old 09-21-2008, 10:47 AM

7,923 posts, read 8,850,943 times
Do you mean the "PRO-LIFE" Sarah Palin?

Old 09-21-2008, 10:49 AM

13,721 posts, read 19,274,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
Do you mean the "PRO-LIFE" Sarah Palin?

Old 09-21-2008, 10:49 AM

2,541 posts, read 2,740,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
I can't say that I could ever be a hunter, but I'm not going to say Sarah Palin shouldn't be VP on the basis that she likes to hunt. Sheesh. Lots of people hunt. And animals that are killed in the wild live much better lives and are killed much more humanely than animals raised for slaughter. If you eat meat, I don't see how you can complain about animals being killed. I've always struggled with the whole animals being killed so I can eat thing but it's part of the natural order of things. If no animal was ever killed it would throw off the ecosystem. I don't know the answer to the whole thing, but I do know THAT is not a factor in deciding who to vote for.
It is a factor because it tells you about the person. Would you get a kick out of killing animals from a helicopter. Maybe because I love animals, I sure wouldn't be in the helicopter with her.

Old 09-21-2008, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
Wildlife experts in Alaska told her that her plan was irresponsible and unethical in its cruelty. That you can't just go around killing predators without knowing the ecological specifics of their territory. Otherwise, you risk causing an ecological meltdown in certain ecosystems. That predator control needs to be careful She didn't care, because Sarah Barracuda is a bloodthirsty, speaking-in-tongues, Pentecostal extremist, who thinks that God and a witch-hunter from Africa helped her to become Governor of Alaska. Seriously, I just cannot understand how any rational human being would support this woman. The unrelenting power of ideology, I guess.
Experts better than the wildlife conservation? Please do supply as wildlife conservation is for conserving all animals....not the ones for your politically based agenda....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.