Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 04:49 PM

4,334 posts, read 13,661,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
Congress should take a deep breath, relax and get to work. Rushing through legislation will create a mess with long term consequences that we'll all pay for. There is no reason to suspend a Presidential Campaign. You can't suspend the World every time there's a crisis.
Bush waited 10 days to finally address the public and explain tonight. Goes to show you how irresponsible and how wreckless and crazy Bush is!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2008, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
Obama according to the AP, was the first to make contact with the McCain camp to discuss suspending the debate. McCain beat Obama to the mike that is the extent of it. Nothing under the bush...keep trying.
Sorry, u got it backwards....hello? Not true...do not twist the story around. Obama never wanted to suspend the campaign....yikes!

Old 09-24-2008, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudCapMarine View Post
Take a bath and you will not smell as much.
As I stated it is the repugs, not the demos! Can you even read? Grow up! Face the truth! It is obvious you cannot. I feel sorry for you Mr. Fish!

Old 09-24-2008, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Does that mean McCain and Palin have to think and speak at the same time?
Imagine that? Yikes! Notice they are being kept away from the media. If they speak at a debate with Obama or Biden they will quickly sink themselves. Neither are the smartest tacks on the wall! As it shows everday trying to wimp there way out of any debates at all. Dummies!

Old 09-24-2008, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
Because he picked an idiot for VP as a pure political move, has been using the same smear tactics Bush used against him in 2000, lies left and right - I had respect for him years ago, but not now.
That is the only way they know how to go about things. They must do it in their personal lives too!

Old 09-24-2008, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smd1998 View Post
Dream on.

McCain has asked Obama to debate him for month and Obama has denied each and every one of them.

It is Obama who is afraid.

Now, we have finally found out which one is the leader and which one is the follower.
Another dillusional repug! No wonder why this country is in trouble. You repugs see things backwards...... Again, not the smartest tacks on the wall!

Old 09-24-2008, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Whats to worry about? NObama says nothing, means nothing, and believes nothing. There are tree stumps that have more charater than NObama.
Wow, that was a real intellectual comment! Say that again? As I have said before, repugs are not the smartest tacks on the wall! It shows in the above comment!

Old 09-24-2008, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rightofcenter View Post
Actually, I think it is a different animal
I agree! They are all full of chicken poop!

Old 09-24-2008, 05:10 PM

1,867 posts, read 4,078,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theroc5156 View Post
If this is true, I cannot wait for the people who posted before to twist their words and say how great it was that Obama is doing this. It would look something like this:

"Look how brave it is that Obama is willing to suspend the debates to put more attention on a major crisis going on currently. I guess that McCain and the Repugs just doesn't care."

(IF it's true. I haven't seen anything that says Obama approached McCain first yet)
LOL wishful thinking! Obama has stated very clearly he wants the debate, rather he had said that the 2 of them should work together on a solution to the "crisis". Obama's used to accomplishing things virtually using current technology such as video conferences, emails, airplanes to get to and from debates and Washington DC quickly.

Obama and 90% of the electorate think the debates should continue. On the other hand, it was just announced that McCain's campaign has stated that unless the bailout plan is approved by Friday, he's NOT attending the debate.

Does that mean McCain is approving and pushing the $700,000,000,000 bailout?

Old 09-24-2008, 05:20 PM

1,020 posts, read 1,377,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rightofcenter View Post
Actually, I think it is a different animal

HA! Good One!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections