Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2008, 06:30 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Sure they do or is it the only person that has free speech rights are the ones that agree with you?
Uh, no, that would be JHG722 who is telling people who disagree with her not to vote. I have been voting since well before she was born, and I have NEVER, EVER told anyone I disagreed with politically not to vote. I have tried to get them to see my POV, but never told them not to vote. I don't have the words in my vocabulary to say how I feel about someone saying that! Anyone who is so "afraid" of John McCain that they tell his supporters not to vote has a problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2008, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherPatriot View Post
Socialized health care is not my idea of a solution to the problem. It will increase the taxes on the working people. I suspect that you have not paid any taxes.

Obama's proposal does not call for new taxes. It says that employers of businesses over 20 people need to provide insurance for them. There is no tax involved.

Defeat in Iraq IMO is not the appropriate action. Bringing our troops home with their heads held high and the situation in Iraq stabilized would be best for our country and Iraq.

obama has NO foriegn policy experience. Yes, he is preferred worldwide, especially by our enemies.

Obama has been a US senator. They are the ones making the foreign policy. As has McCain and Biden. It's that ditz Sarah who thinks being able to see Alaska from her state makes her a foreign policy expert.

McCain also believes in developing all types of renewable sources of energy and also offshore drilling. Offshore drilling will help to reduce our dependance on foreign oil in the short term.

Oh you are bright. Perhaps you can grow up to be like bho.
Maybe you can make a point without insulting someome who disagrees with you.

Old 10-19-2008, 06:50 PM

2,781 posts, read 7,211,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Uh, no, that would be JHG722 who is telling people who disagree with her not to vote. I have been voting since well before she was born, and I have NEVER, EVER told anyone I disagreed with politically not to vote. I have tried to get them to see my POV, but never told them not to vote. I don't have the words in my vocabulary to say how I feel about someone saying that! Anyone who is so "afraid" of John McCain that they tell his supporters not to vote has a problem.
Are you serious?

Old 10-19-2008, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHG722 View Post
Are you serious?
Yes. Outrageous is about the only word that comes close to what I'm thinking about telling someone not to vote!

Old 10-19-2008, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Yes. Outrageous is about the only word that comes close to what I'm thinking about telling someone not to vote!
Read the freakin bolded words...

Old 10-19-2008, 07:25 PM

In case you've forgotten what you said, here is the post you quoted, JHG722, and below is your repsonse to Ann in Oriental.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann in Oriental View Post
I'm thrilled at all the new registrations, but all you young Obama supporters out there need to actually vote. Being registered is not enough. It's your future and a possible McCain/Palin future is very very scary to me(and I'm 58) You guys have a whole lifetime ahead of you! Get all your friends to the polls and help save this country. PLEASE don't fall back on the old "oh my vote doesn't matter" routine. It DOES matter, especially this time!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHG722 View Post
An Obama/Biden future is very very scary to me (and I'm 20), so please don't vote.

Old 10-19-2008, 07:28 PM

Well, for some reason I thought you were a woman. My apology for that. It doesn't change my thinking about telling someone not to vote.

Old 10-19-2008, 07:32 PM

1,544 posts, read 2,076,197 times

YouTube - The Obama Youth?

YouTube - Farrakhan Endorses Obama HITLER YOUTH - Helter Skelter

Old 10-19-2008, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Well, for some reason I thought you were a woman. My apology for that. It doesn't change my thinking about telling someone not to vote.
What the heck gave you that impression?

Old 10-19-2008, 09:36 PM

1,137 posts, read 2,281,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherPatriot View Post
Socialized health care is not my idea of a solution to the problem. It will increase the taxes on the working people. I suspect that you have not paid any taxes.
He's not forcing anyone into any healthcare plan, he is simply opening up an existing federal employee halth plan to those who want it, at the same time, those who don't want it, he plans to lower their healthcare premiums.
Quote:
Defeat in Iraq IMO is not the appropriate action. Bringing our troops home with their heads held high and the situation in Iraq stabilized would be best for our country and Iraq.
Jstwhat would we have to do to be "victorious"? We would not leave in defeat. Iraq needs to be handled by Iraqis, we simply need to hand it off. If Obama had his way, we wouldn't have to worry about this ill concieved war to begin with.

Quote:
obama has NO foriegn policy experience. Yes, he is preferred worldwide, especially by our enemies.
A new face for America is exactly what we need. I think it is absolutely selfish when I hear people say that they don't care what other countries think, or how they are doing. What if you lived in one of those countries? You just happen to be priveledged enough to have been born here, and should show appreciation for that by making the country a beacon of light to the world, rather than your own exclusive "me first" land mass.

Quote:
McCain also believes in developing all types of renewable sources of energy and also offshore drilling. Offshore drilling will help to reduce our dependance on foreign oil in the short term.
Off-shore drilling is also a plan Obama has opened up to, but as he has said time and time again, this ISNT a problem we can drill our way out of. We need real solutions, and when all McCain can say is "drill baby drill" who really believes he wants to invest in other forms of energy?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections