Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 08:59 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,617,275 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboD View Post
Obama, the real phony, was too chicken to have 14 townhall neetings with McCain. Obama, who would have been without teleprompters would have shown the Nation what a fool he (Obama) is. Now, he tries to put McCain down over one debate.
Hell, Obama evens thinks that there are 58 states.

The townhall maneuvering was a joke and bluff easily called and slapped away, it isn't even a debate and was devised to increase the Senator's public reach when he had none...round two - See Gov. Palin.

"you haven't beaten me, you sacrificed sure footing for a killing stroke" - Ras al Gul
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2008, 09:04 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,679,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Actually, you are wrong. But I don't have to explain myself to you. Bill Clinton lately has been sounding very REASONABLE and like he has a lot more sense than that Democratic nominee who can't even form a sentence. I have been listening a lot lately to what Bill says and he's actually makes sense. And YES, I like that he obviously is pulling for McCain, but that's not all of it.

Go ahead and search what I said about Clinton before. Probably not too much of anything.

Don't get yourself all worked up. You might have a stroke!
So why would it be different from Danielle thinking that Huckabee is making sense? Why call her out on caring about what he is saying, unless you just want to start a flame war?

You think you said not much of anything? You previously blamed him for 9/11, now you love the guy? Don't you get it, you think he is making sense because he said positive things about your candidate. The same attitude applies to a Democrat liking what Huckabee is saying, because they are saying positive things about their candidate.

Since you didn't run the search, here are your prior thoughts on Clinton (before he started saying positive things in the press about McCain). For someone who you think is responsible for the attack on 9/11, you sure changed your tune fast once he was positive towards your candidate...

So before you attack Danielle - take a look at your own words.

Quote:
AND, they credit Clinton with the prosperity during the years he was in office, when that prosperity was actually a result of REAGAN's administration. Anyone who knows anything about economics knows that the good economy during the Clinton years was put into motion by REAGAN, not Clinton.
Quote:
You got that right. Clinton knew about bin Laden and did nothing about him when he could have.
Quote:
09/11 is Bush's fault? You better blame Clinton for that one. If he had done something about bin Laden when had the opportunity, 09/11 would not have happened.
Quote:
So what's theirs is yours? Since some people have more money than you, they should pay more? I don't agree with that. Lots of people already do not pay taxes because their incomes are too low. They DO get tax breaks. I'm sure I'd be considered middle class (other than by Bill Clinton's standards, in which case I am wealthy ). I own a small business and of course I take all the deductions I can; it would be stupid not to. And I pay a lot in taxes.
Quote:
Yeah, I guess that depends what your definition of wealthy is. When Clinton was in office, someone who made $50,000 was wealthy.
Quote:
I haven't forgotten how Bill Clinton thought I was "rich." I don't call keeping your head above water rich.
Quote:
And just so you know, bin Laden attacked US interests MANY times during Bill Clinton's administration and Bill Clinton was offered bin Laden on a silver platter and he did not act on it. Bush was only in office for 9 months before 09/11. He inherited what Bill Clinton sowed. Just so you don't forget.
Quote:
But after I have seen the way the Dems have treated Bush the last 8 years, the horrible things they have said, saying he planned 911, blaming him for the war (even though everyone else who saw the same intelligence Bush based the decision on, INCLUDING BILL CLINTON, agreed with the war, and blaming him for everything under the sun and being downright disrespectful to the President of the United States - well, after all that my attitude has changed.

Last edited by newtoli; 09-26-2008 at 09:11 AM.. Reason: put Romney instead of Huckabee, lol

Old 09-26-2008, 09:05 AM

41 posts, read 216,070 times
Some idiot is more worried about a million or so dollars in production costs over 700 billion of tax payers money (your's and mine).
Any sound and reasonable person would address the problem of greater magnitude and try to resolve that issue.
Sounds like the idiot is of like mind with Biden/Obama.

Old 09-26-2008, 09:06 AM

1,452 posts, read 3,194,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi View Post
actually this is where you are wrong. McCain supports the bail out. He just wants some credit for it.
He was for it before he was against it..

So much flailing about makes me incredibly nervous.. McCain wanted headlines and he got em! I wonder what the headlines will look like tomorrow..

Old 09-26-2008, 09:07 AM

690 posts, read 1,016,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboD View Post
Obama, the real phony, was too chicken to have 14 townhall neetings with McCain. Obama, who would have been without teleprompters would have shown the Nation what a fool he (Obama) is. Now, he tries to put McCain down over one debate.
Hell, Obama evens thinks that there are 58 states.
Is that really the best you can do?
Obama prefers standard debates, McCain prefers town halls. - McCain is not happy because he lost that battle (this is why he runs adds with lies so he says)

Both candidates use teleprompter. Your candidate has a hard time reading his! (Think of the acceptance speech in front of the green background)

As for the 57 states (gets your gaffs right!!!) after campaigning full time for a year he made an error...instead of saying "forty... he said fifty..." states completed and he has to get too...

McCain supporters are in full blown panic mode trying to convince people that their guy is a leader when he looks nothing more than a fool. A fool who even let his own party pick that idiot Palin!

Old 09-26-2008, 09:08 AM

4,604 posts, read 8,239,197 times
I guess that means not picking Huckabee was a good idea.

Old 09-26-2008, 09:09 AM

690 posts, read 1,016,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
So why would it be different from Danielle thinking that Huckabee is making sense? Why call her out on caring about what he is saying, unless you just want to start a flame war?

You think you said not much of anything? You previously blamed him for 9/11, now you love the guy? Don't you get it, you think he is making sense because he said positive things about your candidate. The same attitude applies to a Democrat liking what Romney is saying, because they are saying positive things about their candidate.

Since you didn't run the search, here are your prior thoughts on Clinton (before he started saying positive things in the press about McCain). For someone who you think is responsible for the attack on 9/11, you sure changed your tune fast once he was positive towards your candidate...

OWNED!

Old 09-26-2008, 09:17 AM

2,868 posts, read 9,558,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Huckster is right on the money! how many of us in our daily lives have unexpected things that happen to us where we have to shift some of our responsibilities and deal with multiple issues? imo, if mccain felt so strongly about going to washington, he should have asked sarah palin if she would trade her debate time with joe biden with his. that would have shown the american public that his VP selection is capable of showing up at a moment's notice and assume his responsibilities, helping to dispel the notion that palin is incompetent.

I agree...That to me would be more of a 'leadership' move. That is why I think this was a ploy. He does not put his country first and he is not a leader. He is irrational and does not use good judgement at all. I would have been way impressed with him if he had put SP's debate tonight. I would have been impressed with her as well for dealing with the issue at a moments notice... But that is not the case...

Old 09-26-2008, 09:19 AM

2,868 posts, read 9,558,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post

You think you said not much of anything? You previously blamed him for 9/11, now you love the guy? Don't you get it, you think he is making sense because he said positive things about your candidate. The same attitude applies to a Democrat liking what Huckabee is saying, because they are saying positive things about their candidate.

YEAH! TAKE THAT!

Thanks Newtoli!

Old 09-26-2008, 09:30 AM

3,414 posts, read 7,148,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Huckster is right on the money! how many of us in our daily lives have unexpected things that happen to us where we have to shift some of our responsibilities and deal with multiple issues? imo, if mccain felt so strongly about going to washington, he should have asked sarah palin if she would trade her debate time with joe biden with his. that would have shown the american public that his VP selection is capable of showing up at a moment's notice and assume his responsibilities, helping to dispel the notion that palin is incompetent.
This isn't daily life stuff. This is emergency stuff. When emergency stuff comes up we prioritize and dealing with the emergency comes first.

Last edited by laysayfair; 09-26-2008 at 09:30 AM.. Reason: typo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections