Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2008, 07:37 PM

3,414 posts, read 7,144,027 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Ouch! That is cold and uncivil. Seriously, that is weak. I find it rude and revolting when people do that to me.
I'm sure people do that to, for example, OJ Simpson, all the time. They think he's reprehensible and loathsome, so they are cold and uncivil to him. Just as they should be.

Last edited by laysayfair; 09-27-2008 at 07:42 PM.. Reason: typo,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2008, 07:48 PM

2,057 posts, read 3,413,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzco View Post
That's one of his talking points. Perhaps it was a skill he had in the past. However, last night, he did not demonstrate it...
With all due respect, his history positions him to be the one to demonstrate how a person who can make compromises behave. You have a crooked perception of behavior. You think a person who acts gingerly is a person who'll compromise. What life experience or widely recognized examples do you have that a person who's gruff like McCain will not compromise when his enormous history says otherwise?

My experience is that people who are sweet are the ones who'll not compromise. They're the people who'll use excuses-- such as "you're mean"-- to weasel out of a negotiation.

Quote:
Saying that it's one of his career points isn't enough. He needs to use the debate to show, and tell, our country the skills he has, if he wants to be president.
For stupid people, I think you're right. Stupid people will cling to their preconceived notions of what a person is supposed to look like. They can't reach beyond their conclusion to assess if the example before them challenges the accuracy of a premise and, therefore, render their beliefs mistaken.

Last edited by One Thousand; 09-27-2008 at 08:02 PM.. Reason: Revision

Old 09-27-2008, 07:48 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,040,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
Obama disn't look weird to you? LOLOLOL Hell, Obama showed his anger many times last evening during the debate. One could tell by watching his smirks and the way he held his chin. Also, never forget that Obama couldn't stop himself from showing his rudeness by constantly interrupting and by calling McCain by his first name. Obama is too full of himself and thinks way too highly of himself.
As do most with Harvard Law degrees. They think they are special and done something that most Americans haven't. It really is elitist and so above what we need in a leader most Americans can relate to.

Old 09-27-2008, 07:50 PM

3,645 posts, read 4,926,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
As do most with Harvard Law degrees. They think they are special and done something that most Americans haven't. It really is elitist and so above what we need in a leader most Americans can relate to.
Very much so!!! I have to laugh, except that it is a shame to realize, that so many are persuaded by Obama, their messiah.

Old 09-27-2008, 07:55 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
What?????

Are you being sarcastic?

Old 09-27-2008, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
What?????

Are you being sarcastic?
No, he is serious and right on target.

Old 09-27-2008, 07:57 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
No, he is serious and right on target.
So okay. Let's go over this one more time.

1. He's too stupid...because he's a "stuttering moron", realistically "thinks" there are 57 states, can't put two words together, mumbles, mutters, trips over his own tongue, is an idiot, etc.

But...

2. He's too smart...because of his Harvard Law degree.

Have I got all that?

Old 09-27-2008, 07:58 PM

2,886 posts, read 7,135,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by One Thousand View Post
With all due respect, his history positions him to be the one to demonstrate how a person who can make compromises behave. You have a crooked perception of behavior. You think a person who acts gingerly is a person who'll compromise. What life experience or widely recognized examples do you have to support that?

My experience is that people who are sweet are the ones who'll not compromise. They're the people who'll use excuses-- such as "you're mean"-- to weasel out of a negotiation.

For stupid people, I think you're right. Stupid people will cling to their preconceived notions of what a person is supposed to look like. They can't reach beyond their conclusion to assess if the example before them challenges the accuracy of a premise and, therefore, render their beliefs mistaken.
McCain is running for the presidency. You are willing to support him based on all of your perceptions. He will get your vote.

If he wants to win the presidency, he must convince enough of us that he is the right choice. Your condescension will not convince the voters. Whether or not his condescension will appeal to enough voters will be voted upon.

Old 09-27-2008, 08:01 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,040,852 times
Quote:
What?????

Are you being sarcastic?
Isn't that what polls were saying about Palin? She is just like them, average?

Old 09-27-2008, 08:04 PM

Quote:
So okay. Let's go over this one more time.

1. He's too stupid...because he's a "stuttering moron", realistically "thinks" there are 57 states, can't put two words together, mumbles, mutters, trips over his own tongue, is an idiot, etc.

But...

2. He's too smart...because of his Harvard Law degree.

Have I got all that?
But, you have never read me say he was stupid or even bring up the dumn 57 state mistake he made. You might try to know what you post about. It would make you look better in the end.

Obama is an intelligent person, not good for the country, but intelligent non the less. He is an elitist and thinks way too highly of himself and he shows any time he opens his mouth. Hell, he shows it by the way he walks and all of his hand movements.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections