Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 12:02 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,164,267 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysB View Post
The Civil Right Litigation Clearinghouse

Go, read. 'bama was one of the attorneys.
That was a class-action housing discrimination lawsuit. Not a fan of the discrimination laws?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2008, 12:13 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,955,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
This is nothing less than a smear campaign. And I would expect nothing more from crazed neo-cons.
Is it a smear? They did provide information. I would be interested to see your counter to it. I mean, if this is false, there should be some information out there that shows why their claim is flawed. Can you provide anything other than name calling?

Old 09-30-2008, 12:58 PM

351 posts, read 487,360 times
So, now Obama is wrong for suing Citibank for racial discrimination? I think I have officially heard it all. He's horrible. How dare he fight for civil rights and fair housing. He should be flogged and definitely should not be the President. How could we ever live down having a President with a moral compass that is focused on fair treatment instead of corporate greed?

Old 09-30-2008, 01:03 PM

2,170 posts, read 2,862,084 times
Quote:
This is nothing less than a smear campaign. And I would expect nothing more from crazed neo-cons.
Truth != Smear

The CRA is a major reason for the sub prime mortgage mess. And ACORN has habitually committed voter fraud in upwards of 10 states. And Dumbo is in thick with both like a tick on a hound.

Old 09-30-2008, 01:10 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,280,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGACK View Post
Truth != Smear

The CRA is a major reason for the sub prime mortgage mess. And ACORN has habitually committed voter fraud in upwards of 10 states. And Dumbo is in thick with both like a tick on a hound.
Typical neo-con response. The last 8 years of a failed Republican administration, and primarily Republican Congress, had nothing to do with it, of course. Just keep obsessing on ACORN, please, in order to further establish the lunacy of the right. Thank you.

Old 09-30-2008, 01:11 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,113,256 times
Want to talk about legal troubles? How about McCain and Keating? WWhat about McCain and all the convicted felon he hangs out with and works with? (I posted a whole list of them with sources to back it up the other day.) What about Sara ducking the ethic hearings in her own state? What about Sara getting all those goodies from the oil companies and others wanting her support?

Against that you put a lawyer acting to defeat discrimination in the housing market. Wow. I served on my state's EOC back in the day and you would not believe all the blatant cases of red lining we heard on a regular basis. Some of these banks need suing, believe me.

Old 09-30-2008, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Typical neo-con response. The last 8 years of a failed Republican administration, and primarily Republican Congress, had nothing to do with it, of course. Just keep obsessing on ACORN, please, in order to further establish the lunacy of the right. Thank you.
To right wingers, Smear = Truth if they hear it long enough and loudly enough. I think this recent bashing of ACORN is paid for by good old Richard Mellon Scaife by the way.

Old 09-30-2008, 01:46 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,918,398 times
it is not a smear to say that barack was paid by ACORN and they were on the bailout bill. this is on their current website:
"ACORN welcomes the opportunity to renegotiate a package that will actually do something for homeowners on Main Street and not just bail out Wall Street. Ninety-five Democrats voted against the bailout bill because it did not do nearly enough for families struggling to pay the mortgage and who are teetering on the brink of foreclosure. If a better plan comes back that will do more to assist struggling homeowners, it stands a chance of passing.

"The foreclosure crisis, which began not last week but more than a year ago, will continue unabated by the current bailout proposal. To really solve our broader economic woes, we must address the underlying problem of unnecessary foreclosures. One critical way to do this is to include bankruptcy shelter in the bailout package, which was dropped from the negotiations over the weekend.

Old 09-30-2008, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
it is not a smear to say that barack was paid by ACORN and they were on the bailout bill. this is on their current website:
"ACORN welcomes the opportunity to renegotiate a package that will actually do something for homeowners on Main Street and not just bail out Wall Street. Ninety-five Democrats voted against the bailout bill because it did not do nearly enough for families struggling to pay the mortgage and who are teetering on the brink of foreclosure. If a better plan comes back that will do more to assist struggling homeowners, it stands a chance of passing.

"The foreclosure crisis, which began not last week but more than a year ago, will continue unabated by the current bailout proposal. To really solve our broader economic woes, we must address the underlying problem of unnecessary foreclosures. One critical way to do this is to include bankruptcy shelter in the bailout package, which was dropped from the negotiations over the weekend.
This quote doesnt tie Obama to any nefarious dealings with ACORN. Only the propaganda you read does.
In the end, how much of the bailout's potential profits are earmarked for ACORN?

"None. Absolutely none. All funds would go to state and local governments," said Steven Adamske, spokesman for Rep. Barney Frank (D-Mass.), the chairman of the Financial Services Committee and a lead negotiator.
ACORN Issue Fueling Bailout Opposition, By Ryan Grim - CBS News

Do you know who Richard Mellon Scaife is?

Old 09-30-2008, 02:09 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,761,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShakenStirred View Post
Obama sued corporations to force them to make subprime loans, which is a huge part of the current financial meltdown:

Gateway Pundit: Surprise!... Obama's Legal Career Consisted of Working For Scandal-Plagued ACORN (http://gatewaypundit.blogspot.com/2008/09/surprise-obamas-legal-career-consisted.html - broken link)

This group that he is associated with and taught classes at, Acorn, blanketed Jacksonville and Jacksonville Beach here today in Florida, and they have been attached to voter fraud:

Gateway Pundit: Surprise!... ACORN Busted- Faking Voter Registrations Again (http://gatewaypundit.blogspot.com/2008/09/surprise-acorn-busted-in-michigan-voter.html - broken link)

I’ve been fighting alongside ACORN on issues you care about my entire career. Even before I was an elected official, when I ran Project Vote voter registration drive in Illinois, ACORN was smack dab in the middle of it, and we appreciate your work. — Barack Obama, Speech to ACORN, November 2007.

The bailout bill that failed today included $500 million dollars earmarked for Acorn. Interesting stuff going on in politics these days no doubt. They are all crooked.

Here is the connection with Rezko:

Rezko cash triple what Obama says :: CHICAGO SUN-TIMES :: Politics (http://www.suntimes.com/news/politics/432197,CST-NWS-obama18.article - broken link)

Just guess who'll be the first to get a pardon if Obama get elected? That is, if he is not being thrown under the bus by Rezko first. Hmmm....
Great post, but unfortunately the Obama fans don't want to listen to any facts and just want to follow their messiah......but if he gets to be the president which I still do not believe, the Obama fans will found out that their 401K isn't worth as much as they thought and they will get the bill handed to them just like us and than they have to admitt that they were wrong and for the next decades there won't be another Dem. as president!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections