Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 10:13 AM

564 posts, read 815,637 times

Advertisements

Someone brought up a good point in another thread.

We can all argue why Black America has fallen behind in almost every major statistical category.

There are many reasons and excuses given.. everthing from slavery to racism to prejudice to white people in general to poverty, etc.

So Obama is President.

No more excuses.

Will Black America change?

They lead in some bad statistical categories like AIDS, Poverty, Welfare, Murder, Violent Crime, Robbery, dropout rates... will these stats change??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2008, 10:19 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,643,191 times
I think people like jesse jackson and the rev wright will have to come up with new material

Old 09-22-2008, 10:20 AM

34,237 posts, read 18,594,984 times
It will change for the worse. More dependency on government. More broken homes and families. More crime and violence. Obama is a younger version of LBJ and we all know where the great society go us. Disaster.

Old 09-22-2008, 10:23 AM

451 posts, read 1,228,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 123cop View Post
Someone brought up a good point in another thread.

We can all argue why Black America has fallen behind in almost every major statistical category.

There are many reasons and excuses given.. everthing from slavery to racism to prejudice to white people in general to poverty, etc.

So Obama is President.

No more excuses.

Will Black America change?

They lead in some bad statistical categories like AIDS, Poverty, Welfare, Murder, Violent Crime, Robbery, dropout rates... will these stats change??

Not really. The thing is that is not just a race thing. In my military travels around the world. I find that people in a certain class level from South America to Asia to Europe you find the same thing. Here we only see race, because that's what we choose to look at through goggles. Classicism is the real enemy, but you are not taught this because poor people would join together to change there conditions. As long as people are able to say "at least I'm not those people" even though they are in the same place, things won't change.

Old 09-22-2008, 10:26 AM

645 posts, read 1,965,098 times
Nothing will change and it's not supposed to. As President of the United States, Barack Obama will act in the best interests of the people of the United States, not Black people of the United States.

Old 09-22-2008, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
I think people like jesse jackson and the rev wright will have to come up with new material
Good point.. all their arguments go away.. who will they point to next?

Perhaps they will change their fight to other minorities. They will say all the eskimos in Alaska are poor because our President is black and doesn't understand them.

Old 09-22-2008, 10:27 AM

1,827 posts, read 2,589,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post

Broadway, Vaudeville perhaps? Oscar Meyer Weinermobile driver? The possibilities are endless, Jackass the Movie 3?

Old 09-22-2008, 10:28 AM

2,769 posts, read 7,237,321 times
Obama's black?

Old 09-22-2008, 10:31 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,168,101 times
Quote:
Not really. The thing is that is not just a race thing. In my military travels around the world. I find that people in a certain class level from South America to Asia to Europe you find the same thing. Here we only see race, because that's what we choose to look at through goggles. Classicism is the real enemy, but you are not taught this because poor people would join together to change there conditions. As long as people are able to say "at least I'm not those people" even though they are in the same place, things won't change.
Exactly right.

Old 09-22-2008, 10:33 AM

Honestly, I almost want Obama to win just so black america will stop making excuses.

I'm very anxious to see if black america will progress under Obama.

Don't get me wrong.. I hope and pray things getter better for black america. I'm tired of hearing the excuses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections