Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2008, 03:52 PM

1,920 posts, read 2,782,342 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
With those genuine tears, Joe Biden eliminated whatever was left of Sarah Palin's relevance as a woman on the GOP ticket. Joe Biden. A man of substance, intelligence, competence, experience, leadership, character, compassion, and the ultimate symbol of the strength of paternal love.

Leah McElrath Renna: Joe's Tears: the Political Power of Paternal Love
Palin reacted with no emotion....she seemed cold. It was like someone pulled her string and she bantered on the next talking point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2008, 03:54 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,636,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sberdrow View Post
Palin reacted with no emotion....she seemed cold. It was like someone pulled her string and she bantered on the next talking point.

What did you want her to do? Go pat him on the shoulder and offer him a tissue? WTF?

She was focused and chose not to get distracted by Biden's personal issues. A very smart move.

Old 10-03-2008, 03:55 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,523,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
Those tears did not change any opinions about what a moronic windbag dolt Biden is.

They didn't change mine either but I did feel the tears were real though I am voting for McCain and Palin never Obama.

Old 10-03-2008, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
What did you want her to do? Go pat him on the shoulder and offer him a tissue? WTF?

She was focused and chose not to get distracted by Biden's personal issues. A very smart move.
had she done that, she would be president in 2012, and surely garnered all the female vote

Old 10-03-2008, 03:58 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,612,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonaLisaVito View Post
I felt for him. I felt it was genuine.

Too bad everyone crucified Hilary when she got all choked up and almost shed a tear. How can a woman run a country when she crys. BLAH BLAH

No comments on Hilary?

Old 10-03-2008, 03:58 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,918,555 times
Quote:
I honestly don't think she heard what he said. She's programmed to hear only specific key phrases/words. None of his words triggered her 'respond with...' circuit.

Old 10-03-2008, 03:59 PM

Quote:
had she done that, she would be president in 2012, and surely garnered all the female vote
No, she would have immediately been criticized by the left as fake and trying to put on a "mom moment" act. You know that is true.

Old 10-03-2008, 04:02 PM

I don't think you can fake choking up over your wife and child dying. I know it was legit

Old 10-03-2008, 04:05 PM

My brother died unexpectedly 2 years ago. But if I was in a debate and happened to get choked up about it for whatever reason, I would not expect my opponent to stop focusing on the debate, but rather I would expect them to ignore my emotions.

I feel bad for Biden, but it did not change the fact that this was a 90 minute debate, the only VP debate, and Palin did not have any reason to change her focus. Biden pulled himself together pretty quick, so I'm not sure why Palin not reacting matters at all. She didn't need to react and handled it just fine.

Old 10-03-2008, 04:11 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,523,425 times
Quote:
I don't even think she knew he was tearing up. Good grief she is in a no win situation. She was focused as she should be on her answer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections