Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2008, 09:43 PM

1,788 posts, read 3,920,086 times

Advertisements

Oh but wait, Obama with his tax the evil corporations will save the day. He will start government program after program to rescue us all. Who cares if every single business closes its doors, or goes overseas, as long as we get that government program he promised us all.

I personally think the end of times are here. I sincerely do. Read between the lines people. This is not just a US problem now, it has and is becoming a worldwide crisis. We are in for it, big time! Really, really bad stuff is a coming!

Obama will probably win this election, get into office and seriously not know what to do. There won't be much he can do, but screew it up worse.

And if you think Bush caused this, you are dreaming! This housing problem started under Clinton.

1. Bush tried to regulate the sub-prime in 2003......Democrats stopped it

2. McCain sponsored a bill in 2005 to rein in sub-prime loans........Democrats stopped it. In fact the screamed bloody murder about even sugesting it, as in their minds, it "helped the poor" You know, all those poor people who could not make their first payment even!

3.Banks finally realized in 2007, there was major trouble ahead, they tried to stop writing sub-prime loans, Obama and his cronies sued! Sued based on discrimination against poor minorities. Where are all those minorities now Obama? In there new shiny home? I didn't think so, most are on their way to being homeless, thanks to him!

WAKE UP PEOPLE!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2008, 09:50 PM

7,730 posts, read 14,155,773 times
Whatever good McCain tried to do prior to this bailout, the simple fact is he voted for it along with Obama.

Why hasn't Greenspan been called on to defend his actions of lowering interest rates to an obscene level in the early 2000s? Why didn't we get serious reform during the Republican majority Congress even under Bush until 2006? Because the Democrats blocked it? If the Republican brand can't defend us from the Democrats, why should we trust them with the keys to the White House?

Old 10-05-2008, 09:57 PM

4,273 posts, read 15,251,717 times
Well, if the Dems can put every poor American in a home, then they'll look good, won't they?

The banks were stupid to loan all that money and the homebuyers were stupid to think they can afford $300K+ homes. Now all the sudden homebuyers (poor, middleclass and investors alike) expect the gov't to give 'em a hand? WTH?! You got yourself into this mess, get yourself out! What did you think was going to happen to that ARM loan after your introductory low period ended? You thought you were gonna get paid more? You thought you'd flip the house already? Well, guess what, you gambled and you lost, deal with it!! It's not my job to pay taxes so that it can go to you (or corporate big wigs) to bail you out.

The big financial giants had a hand in this and they are all guilty. Lobbyists in Washington paying off Congress to vote a certain way, to inflate the market with loans people couldn't afford - absolutely ridiculous. What happens now? Not only will you idiot homeowners who borrowed too much go down nor will it be just you guys and Wall Street, but it's going to be me, too, who had enough sensibility not to get a ridiculous loan or rack up my credit card to buy material things.

Damn, I'm pissed!

Old 10-05-2008, 10:01 PM

1,648 posts, read 2,560,088 times
Its greed, but if you want to attribute it to politicians, good thing Americans(the smart ones) believe 2 to 1 its the republican's fault, so see you at the voting booth.

Old 10-05-2008, 10:01 PM

2,311 posts, read 2,828,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaCowboy View Post
I personally think the end of times are here. I sincerely do.
I stopped right here when I realized that if you are going to tie irresponsible mechanisms of lending and borrowing money to the apocalypse then I probably wasn't going to read anything worth "knowing".

Old 10-05-2008, 10:33 PM

20,292 posts, read 37,174,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
Whatever good McCain tried to do prior to this bailout, the simple fact is he voted for it along with Obama.

Why hasn't Greenspan been called on to defend his actions of lowering interest rates to an obscene level in the early 2000s? Why didn't we get serious reform during the Republican majority Congress even under Bush until 2006? Because the Democrats blocked it? If the Republican brand can't defend us from the Democrats, why should we trust them with the keys to the White House?
McCain blew the best chance he had to do well on the polls. He has been preaching about stopping earmarks and all of that stuff, which by the way is a great idea, but then votes yes to a bailout that includes a bunch or pork. As soon as he did that, the polls changed to Obama's favor. He really screwed that one up. All he had to say to all Americans was: "we need to pass this bill, but there is a big problem with it," and then explain that the pork in it has to be removed first. Should he had done that, he would have been at least head-to-head with Obama in the polls.

By the way, I still don't agree with the bailout.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections