Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 11:54 AM

2,522 posts, read 4,393,265 times

Advertisements

For me, it just keeps getting better and better.
The majority of people who are voting for Obama know little about him, they are just voting against Bush and the policies of his administration. Poor reasoning.
It's about time voters began to learn about the REAL empty suit Obama those of us who do our research know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2008, 02:19 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamama Mia View Post
The majority of people who are voting for Obama know little about him, they are just voting against Bush and the policies of his administration. Poor reasoning.
It's about time voters began to learn about the REAL empty suit Obama those of us who do our research know.
Some of us voting for Obama have done quite a lot of research. We may part ways not in the amount of research we are doing, but on where we are doing our research, and on how we decide what's credible and not credible. I'm not saying that any political side is better or better informed, I'm saying we make choices about which newspapers, or columnists, or reporters are more accurate, and go from there. Dismissing Obama supporters as people who don't do research is a sweeping generalization, and not very accurate.

Old 10-06-2008, 02:56 PM

1,120 posts, read 2,592,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j760 View Post
I disagree, Nobama is leading polls because people are naive, not because he's running a great campaign.

Yeah, I told my wallet that he's naive.

My wallet keeps telling me I'm full of it. Sure!

Full of what? MONEY? Ha! Ha!

IT'S THE ECONOMY, Mr. John McCain. Mr. McCain doesn't want to talk about that. Now that's really being naive, Mr. McPAIN.

Mr. McPAIN, you're a PAIN.

Old 10-06-2008, 03:14 PM

1,748 posts, read 2,479,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamama Mia View Post
Untrue. I have studied Obama's plan for our nation and I believe his administration can make it work. This country will have to suffer in order for things to get better. It may take a few years due to fact that Bush & Cheney let the economy fall into the toilet. I do not want McCain because he is another Bush clone and if you don't believe that then I truly feel sorry for you.

Old 10-06-2008, 05:36 PM

956 posts, read 1,235,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate girl View Post
Barack Obama's is detailed and lays everything out.

McCain just makes empty promises.

There are those who would argue that Obama's "plan" is nothing but empty promises. It is virtually impossible for Obama to serve up what he promises and only raise taxes on 5% of Americans. He simply can't do it. And since everyone is floating the word "stupid" out there (which I really try hard not to do), anyone who believes that Obama can live up to your expectations of him is definitely stupid.

As to the OP's question, I'm very disappointed in McCain's campaign at this particular juncture. I'm also very disappointed in Obama's. I did think way back when that there was a possibility that Barack was not politics as usual. He said he wasn't and since he's relatively new on the horizon, I thought just maybe he was going to be different.

But he's not. He's same old/same old and anyone out there who thinks things are going to be any better under him is in for a huge disappointment. Fortunately, I buried my rose colored glasses a long, long time ago so I hold no rosy expectations.

What I'm hoping for, should Obama be elected (and the jury is still out), is that he won't bring this nation down any further. These are sad and difficult times and Americans are pretty much fed up with the lot of 'em.

I don't think there are many of our leaders who can say they didn't take part in leading a lot of people down the garden path. And there are a lot of stupid people who were happily led there. We reap what we sow, we get what we ask for ... and here we are.

A pretty sorry mess and if we're to place blame, we need to start with ourselves. God help the next President of the United States.

Old 10-06-2008, 05:42 PM

3,079 posts, read 3,121,932 times
McCain said he would balance the Federal budget by the end of his 1st term?????
What is he going to do to accomplish this? This guy is so full of it -- you repugs make me wanna puke...

Old 10-06-2008, 05:45 PM

8,231 posts, read 17,321,103 times
It's hard to run a good campaign with an a bitter, angry out of touch old man, a cutthroat ambitious conniving politician and GWB's legacy. I mean, I'd be throwing mud, too.

Old 10-06-2008, 05:45 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
i disagree, i think the problem is he's tried to be to nice. I expect that to change the rest of the way until it's time to vote. It's not the greatest run campaign i've ever seen, but certainly not the worst, and it's by far better than nobama's. Nobama is leading polls because people are naive, not because he's running a great campaign.
exactly!!!

Old 10-06-2008, 06:05 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshFresh View Post
You first make a argument about "Experience" being whats important and then switch to "Change" and then word for word steal Obama/Biden slogans . . . . not to mention comparing Obama to Bush? And I havent even touched on Palin yet. I mean wow!

I truly believe, if one is a true Republican/Conservative they would share the views of Peggy Noonan, Mike Murphy and Kathleen Parker who have voiced thier distaste for the McCain/Palin ticket. If youre thrilled with the way McCain/Palin are handling their campaign that says a lot about yourself and youre so called values. You are not a true Republican/Conservative if you dont have some strong complaints about the way the campain is being run right now. Dont tell me youre a Christian supporting the McCain/Palin and ignore their immorality.
More to the point, McCain has been very civil while the left, inside and outside of the Obama campaign, has all but exhausted its supply of mud buckets since the campaign began. With so much negative campaigning and liberal biased press coverage directed against he and Gov. Palin, he is now doing what he has been forced to do, reply in kind. The problem for Obama and his mud slingin' machine is he's shot his wad already. What is left for the last month? ....Keating?...It's old news. If your interested in that Democratic witch hunt, your already in the Obama camp. Obama on the other hand has a circle of friends that would make Charles Manson wince! Apparently you gotta' be some kind of real wacko commie racist lunatic to get into Obama's five. Even if it doesn't pan out in the end, it'll be fun to watch.

Old 10-06-2008, 06:15 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,045,989 times
Quote:
I disagree, I think the problem is he's tried to be to nice. I expect that to change the rest of the way until it's time to vote. It's not the greatest run campaign I've ever seen, but certainly not the worst, and it's by far better than Nobama's. Nobama is leading polls because people are naive, not because he's running a great campaign.
It is great to the majority who don't consider themselves naive as compared to the minority who call them naive. Thus the majority doesn't like to be insulted because the disagree with the minority. Mud slinging at candidates might help McCain but mud slinging at voters who don't support him oh well Obama is welcoming them with wide open arms and a warm embracing smile.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections