Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 03:17 PM

1,577 posts, read 2,661,735 times

Advertisements

I think what Ayers did was wrong and should not be condoned. I understand why he wanted to do what he did but that doesn't make it right. I also don't buy into him having any sway over Obama or the policies that he makes regardless of what rightwing information is posted here.

I also find it interesting that McCain supporters have no problem with him being best buds with a guy that tells people how to kill federal agents. Ayers is a terrorist but Liddy is a hero. It doesn't make sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2008, 03:18 PM

3,337 posts, read 5,120,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
I'd invite him to Thanksgiving dinner if I thought he'd come.

"We were very careful from the moment of the townhouse on to be sure we weren't going to hurt anybody, and we never did hurt anybody. Whenever we put a bomb in a public space, we had figured out all kinds of ways to put checks and balances on the thing and also to get people away from it, and we were remarkably successful." William Ayers

"We petitioned, we demonstrated, we sat in. I was willing to get hit over the head, I did; I was willing to go to prison, I did. To me, it was a question of what had to be done to stop the much greater violence that was going on." David Gilbert

I'm sure you would invite him with bin Laden and Ahmadinejad as well.

Old 10-06-2008, 03:20 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,831,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaCowboy View Post
You demos have really lost it now. you are on here stating it is okay to blow chit up when you disagree with something? Are you listening to yourselves!?!? So, if I disagree with something, this is how I should handle it.

LISTEN TO YOURSELVES SPEAK! "oh, it was a vietnam war protest, he had a right to kill and blow things and people up." You people have seriously lost it! You are as anti-American as they come by. NUTS!
but yet you approve of republican wrong doings..

Old 10-06-2008, 03:22 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,133,586 times
Quote:
I sure as helll did, both of them, justifying this nutjobs actions. Nothing is off-limits to you left wing liberals as long as it is in agreement with your political views. I hate abortion, but also think those who target violent actions against abortion doctors belong in prison. That is the difference. Terrorism is wrong, PERIOD!!!!

And you pal, can probably rest assured you are being watched now by big brother. I'll bet you belong to some radical group that condones this sort of thing.
I don't have a big brother, but maybe you do. You probably bought into forfeiting your civil liberties because of bogus color coded terrorist threat levels. By the way, what stand do you take on the Bush Crime Family and their lying us into an illegal occupation? There's a difference between being a pacifist and being a shnook. Terrorism is wrong, if in fact it is terrorism. Sometimes desperate times calls for desperate measures and you have to wake people up!

Old 10-06-2008, 03:24 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,703,232 times
Quote:
You demos have really lost it now. you are on here stating it is okay to blow chit up when you disagree with something? Are you listening to yourselves!?!? So, if I disagree with something, this is how I should handle it.

LISTEN TO YOURSELVES SPEAK! "oh, it was a vietnam war protest, he had a right to kill and blow things and people up." You people have seriously lost it! You are as anti-American as they come by. NUTS!
You are so right!!!!!!!!!!! If this was a Republican who had done this (which it isn't, because terrorists and anti-Americans are usually a Democrat problem) people would have laughed at us if we had tried to justify a terrorists actions.

Old 10-06-2008, 03:25 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,133,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theroc5156 View Post
I'm sure you would invite him with bin Laden and Ahmadinejad as well.
Spoken like a typical right wing narrow minded John "War Monger" McCain supporter.

By the way, Bin Laden got exactly what he wanted, thanks to Bush and all of his supporters like McCain.

Old 10-06-2008, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post
but yet you approve of republican wrong doings..
I'm sorry, I didn't see his quotes defending the Republican wrong-doings. Please show me.

Old 10-06-2008, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Spoken like a typical right wing narrow minded John "War Monger" McCain supporter.

By the way, Bin Laden got exactly what he wanted, thanks to Bush and all of his supporters like McCain.

Dumbest. Post. Ever. Seriously, get an education.

Old 10-06-2008, 03:31 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,831,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theroc5156 View Post
I'm sorry, I didn't see his quotes defending the Republican wrong-doings. Please show me.
he may not say it in his post but people like him are quick to use political opposition as fuel and not acknowledge both -'s

Old 10-06-2008, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post
he may not say it in his post but people like him are quick to use political opposition as fuel and not acknowledge both -'s

So you're admitting you jumped to a conclusion and assumed something without and proof or reason for the assumption? Do you know this person? Do you know him enough to say "....but people like him...."?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections