Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 08:27 PM

5,404 posts, read 15,992,840 times

Advertisements

There is NO WAY to continue to pay for all of these "plans"--of any kind! This country is so far in debt---where will the money for these "benefits" come from???? My pocket? Yours??
We cannot continue to subsidize everyone. Somehow, the medical prices have to be lowered, but having the government pay for everyone's medical treatments is just not realistic or feasible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2008, 08:28 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,034,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoppingCartLaw View Post
That's the complete opposite of what he is saying here at
JohnMcCain.com - McCain-Palin 2008 (http://www.johnmccain.com/Informing/issues/ - broken link)

MEDICAID AND MEDICARE: Reforming The Payment System To Cut Costs. We must reform the payment systems in Medicaid and Medicare to compensate providers for diagnosis, prevention and care coordination. Medicaid and Medicare should not pay for preventable medical errors or mismanagement.

Bringing costs under control is the only way to stop the erosion of affordable health insurance, save Medicare and Medicaid, protect private health benefits for retirees, and allow our companies to effectively compete around the world.
That was the old this was today and this is the Wall Street Journal it is not playing well in Florida which is moving rapidly Obama:
McCain Plans Federal Health Cuts - WSJ.com
John McCain would pay for his health plan with major reductions to Medicare and Medicaid, a top aide said, in a move that independent analysts estimate could result in cuts of $1.3 trillion over 10 years to the government programs.

But Douglas Holtz-Eakin, Sen. McCain's senior policy adviser, said Sunday that the campaign has always planned to fund the tax credits, in part, with savings from Medicare and Medicaid. Those government health-care programs serve seniors, poor families and the disabled. Medicare spending for the fiscal year ended Sept. 30 is estimated at $457.5 billion.

Not playing well in Florida today as you can well imagine.

Old 10-06-2008, 08:29 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,591,034 times
Exclamation lol- cut everyones health care-more kids die of the flu-

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
His economic advisor said today they would cut Medicare etc by 1 trillion to help fund health care.

lol- and people can "shop for health insurance" earth to Palin, health insurance is NOT a retail establishment, they have exclusionary practices, pre-existing clauses, et. al.

aw geez, I guess its a bit too complex for her. Never mind.

Old 10-06-2008, 08:38 PM

5,224 posts, read 5,010,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieSherry View Post
Do you feel us Americans deserve 20 percent cutbacks on Medicare and Medicaid?

I don't agree with McCains plan AT ALL! It's in the complete opposite direction we need to be going with healthcare.

Taxing peoples healthcare benefits as income!!! OUCH. A lot of people don't even realize how much of an OUCH that truly is because a lot don't reallly know what their employer is contributing.

$5,000 tax credit.. doesn't do the affordability issue of my health insurance much good. I currently pay $856/month for me and my son. If I had the "family" plan I'd be paying well over $1200 month.. llike actually around 1300, so I'd be paying $15600 a year in health insurance (this is without deducatable and copays, btw) out of my pocket. At the end of the year I get to pay $5000 less in taxes, which still leaves me paying $10600/year in health insurance premiums. On a 60K a year income (top of the middle class) I'd still be paying over 17% of my income on health insurance.

Nah.. I'd rather see a plan that actually gives us and everyone access to a more affordable monthly premium.. oh.. and doesn't make up for the $5000 tax credit by charging people who work and recieve benefits , taxes on those benefits.

And cutting medicaid and medicare is diasasterous. Come up with a way to trim the waste.. but don't cut spending.. because then you are only hurting the elderly who are already struggling on their fixed income!!!

Old 10-06-2008, 08:43 PM

I used to work for Met Life- they can exclude ANY child at any time from getting any coverage, McSame will increase this ten-fold, peple will have no health care, unless they can pay cash (btw- a 2 hour visit to the ER is 4,000.00) McSame is out of touch.

Old 10-06-2008, 08:44 PM

And God help if you have elderly parents who need assisted living- 5-10k per month- McSame wont cover any Rx or dr costs.

Old 10-06-2008, 08:47 PM

3,758 posts, read 8,440,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
And God help if you have elderly parents who need assisted living- 5-10k per month- McSame wont cover any Rx or dr costs.
Let's not cover his next melanoma then. We pay his salary. Was that a mean thing to say?

Old 10-06-2008, 08:48 PM

5,224 posts, read 5,010,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
I used to work for Met Life- they can exclude ANY child at any time from getting any coverage, McSame will increase this ten-fold, peple will have no health care, unless they can pay cash (btw- a 2 hour visit to the ER is 4,000.00) McSame is out of touch.

Of course he's out of touch.. He owns so many homes he's lost count. He'll never need medicaid or medicare when he's older like a lot of senior citizens.. heck he doesn't even NEED health insurance yet he has access to one of the best plans offered (those that are offered to Congress).

I'm in between states and kind of inbetween insurance at the moment. A 20 minute visit with my sons Pediatrician for a fever in which he took a throat culture checking for strep cost me $160 and I have to go back tommorrow becaues his fever hasn't subsided!!

Old 10-06-2008, 08:50 PM

You are correct, we shouldnt. My Dad was a war veteran and, believe me, the nursing home gets alot of money, even WITH 3 types of insurance (he had good insurance) I wouldnt want my worst enemy to deal w/the health insurance bureaucracy problems I had to, it is truly sad and wrong.

Old 10-06-2008, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TristansMommy View Post
Of course he's out of touch.. He owns so many homes he's lost count. He'll never need medicaid or medicare when he's older like a lot of senior citizens.. heck he doesn't even NEED health insurance yet he has access to one of the best plans offered (those that are offered to Congress).

I'm in between states and kind of inbetween insurance at the moment. A 20 minute visit with my sons Pediatrician for a fever in which he took a throat culture checking for strep cost me $160 and I have to go back tommorrow becaues his fever hasn't subsided!!
I owe you a rep- gave out my limit today-

McSame couldnt care less about anyones need for decent health care. I dealt with this when my dad was in a nursing home, it was sad and horrible. And we had very good insurance- McSame is way out of touch, and wants to take away Medicare completely

Dont Americans deserve good health care?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections