Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2010, 07:31 PM

45,356 posts, read 60,546,019 times

Advertisements

Do your own research.

Here's a couple:

USATODAY.com - Who is smarter, Kerry or Bush?

Richard M. Nixon | The White House

SparkNotes: John F. Kennedy: Harvard and World War II

Biography: Dwight D. Eisenhower

http://alkek.library.txstate.edu/eco...lege-years.pdf

I've wasted enough time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2010, 09:39 PM

1,147 posts, read 1,898,849 times

In none of those did I see school transcripts. The only ones that even refer directly to transcripts was the Bush vs Kerry. And in both those cases the candidates did not freely publish their grades. The were uncovered by a 3rd partys. In fact Kerry's were not found until a year after the election was over, as stated in your link.

There have been many books written about Obama and his years in college that would equal the links you posted (sans the third party Bush and Kerry transcipts)

Once agian can you post a link where I can see this info for all major Presidential and Vice-Presidential candidates going back to at least Eisenhower (excluding Obama of course).

And of the ones that these records did go public point out the ones where it was freely release by the candidate and not a leak of some kind .

Old 04-09-2010, 10:37 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Why is this thread still alive?
The reality is that the college transcripts and SAT scores (where applicable) have been available and public for every major Presidential and Vice-Presidential candidate going back to at least Eisenhower. I said every but not exactly. Every candidate but one: the current President.
Ya think?

WikiAnswers - What was Sarah Palin's grade point average in college

If you want to know, ask her! You can sign the Petition to Alaska Governor Sarah Palin to Voluntarily Release Her College Grade Point Average on the Care2 petitionsite. Her record does count, of course, but she doesn't have much of one to show for herself.

There is no legal requirement to provide one's college transcripts. The only thing the constitution requires is being age 35, a natural born citizen (not defined) and having lived in the US for 14 years.

Old 04-09-2010, 10:49 PM

2,126 posts, read 2,381,531 times
I haven't followed this thread but it appears that the core point that the OP was trying to make is that Palin really hasnt gathered the basics of fundamental education to pass the SAT's. Add to that fact that while Bristol was being "home schooled" she forgot the tenets of abstinence education and created a baby with Levi in her bedroom.

Anyway.....Sat scores should not be so incriminated for an individual, but at some point it does reflect on the value of general education as well as basic ability to answer a few questions, the answers of which we are generally taught in K-12. If it's a good K-12 education.

Old 04-10-2010, 12:18 AM

4,428 posts, read 4,481,378 times
Nancy Pelosi went to Trinity and I believe graduated in 1962.

There are few women as stupid as Nancy.

I don't know about SAT scores, but if they had them in 1962, I bet Pelosi would have been as close to zero as possible.

Why doesn't the left focus on Joe Biden's school record?

Old 04-10-2010, 01:11 AM

2,661 posts, read 2,903,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
Nancy Pelosi went to Trinity and I believe graduated in 1962.

There are few women as stupid as Nancy.

I don't know about SAT scores, but if they had them in 1962, I bet Pelosi would have been as close to zero as possible.

Why doesn't the left focus on Joe Biden's school record?
Aww, poor Yoop doesn't like Sarah's intellect being highlighted.

Old 04-10-2010, 01:30 AM

10,138 posts, read 16,043,145 times
What is it with the media continuously bashing on her Palin?

Old 04-10-2010, 08:03 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmShahi View Post
What is it with the media continuously bashing on her Palin?
She continually puts herself in the limelight.

Old 04-10-2010, 01:03 PM

10,138 posts, read 16,043,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
She continually puts herself in the limelight.
Very true, but the media does over due it as well.
Anyone know what Obama's SAT score is?

Old 04-10-2010, 03:16 PM

1,766 posts, read 3,605,430 times
I don't get it, how is this a surprise? In fact she is smarter than I gave her credit for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections