Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What do you say?
Obama is right! I mean...look at his friends! 25 92.59%
He's wrong. 2 7.41%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 10:43 PM

826 posts, read 1,625,212 times

Advertisements

Enough said. Wasn't a couple of his "pals" Rezco and Ayers?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2008, 10:46 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,370,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slash83 View Post

your forgetting rev. wright and his America hating wife.

Last edited by momonkey; 10-09-2008 at 11:27 PM..

Old 10-09-2008, 10:59 PM

20,292 posts, read 37,171,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
your forgetting rev. wright and his Ameica hating wife.
ACORN
ReviewJournal.com - News - Alleging fraud, authorities raid voter group

Old 10-09-2008, 11:01 PM

3,528 posts, read 8,625,595 times
Absoltuely. That's a no-brainer. Now let's watch the Obama supporters put their magical spin on my answer.

Old 10-09-2008, 11:02 PM

826 posts, read 1,625,212 times
I heard about that. Using dead people to vote. How sad. Obama just might be our first black president, and our first president to go to jail. Woohoo!!!

Old 10-09-2008, 11:05 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,400,633 times
Quote:
I heard about that. Using dead people to vote. How sad. Obama just might be our first black president, and our first president to go to jail. Woohoo!!!
if they start arresting candidates just b4 election you can bet they will be around to collect your guns very soon. you and NRA thought the threat would come from the hard left didn't you.

Old 10-09-2008, 11:06 PM

3,528 posts, read 8,625,595 times
Quote:
It wouldn't shock me. I would be relieved. Biden may be your traditional crook, but I am not aware of any terrorist connections with him.

Old 10-09-2008, 11:37 PM

4,688 posts, read 10,104,634 times
At some point, the Republican party is going to have to reinvent itself out of its current brand, consisting of little more than anti-intellectualism and easily disproven smears that it currently relies on.

The brand that you used to associate it with (small government/less deregulation/belicose militarism) is dead.

While the economy is collapsing, you are requesting the American people ignore all of that in order to focus on Obama's association with William Ayers - at a time that Ayers was so far beyond his past he was chosen to head a commission by a Republican who was a close friend of Ronald Reagan - despite supporting a Vice Presidential candidate with associations to a political party whose founder died in a "plastic explosives deal gone bad". This founder famously proclaimed, "I've got no use for America or her damned institutions." The association here is not that they worked together on a bipartisan board to improve education. No, the Vice Presidentail candidate attended their conventions, her husband was a member for years, and she gave a videotaped introduction the convention as governor.

Yet we are supposed to be upset that Obama sat on a bipartisan, Republican-sponsored board on education reform with Bill Ayers, decades after his crimes.

Meanwhile, the global economic panic is worsening, and McCain's flailing response has been all over the map.

First he chose the George Bush route, insisting on a bold-faced lie; "The fundamentals of our economy our strong". As that rather obvious falsehood fell flat, he went on to call for the firing of an entirely inconsequential figure (the chairmen of the SEC) that the president doesn't even have the capacity to fire. That didn't work, so then McCain told us the solution was a "9/11 style commission" to study the problem.

Again, for obvious reasons, that fell flat, and McCain has decided to abandon that idea. So then he "suspended his campaign" - 11 days after the start of the real financial crisis. The suspension didn't actually entail anything - campaign ads were run, fundraisers were held, speeches were given - and it ended a couple days after it "started", and the intended purpose, to rally Republican congressman around the bailout package, still largely failed.

Then McCain decided to announce a new bailout package at the debate that by initial wording was already included in the previously passed bailout. When pressed for further details the next day, it turns out McCain wants taxpayers to be held responsible for paying peak value on the absolute worst of home loans, essentially clearing banks and lending institutions from any responsibility.

Not surprisingly, that didn't get any traction.

So now we're back to focus on Obama's work with Bill Ayers, on a Republican created commission with bipartisan support. All while his Vice President is married to a guy who belonged to a political party founded on a hatred of America so strong, they wanted Alaska to secede from the nation.

The Dow Jones has lost a decade of growth in the past two weeks. This isn't 2000, where you're campaigning on surpluses and global stability. Things matter now.

So all that said, is this really how you want to win an election for the most powerful country in the world (for now?)

I really hope, for the sake of this country, that Obama wins in a landslide, and the conservative movement is forced to reaquaint itself with ideas and intellect. Because there are a lot of democrats I really don't like, and a lot of conservative writers I really admire. But the candidates they offer for national office are a joke. And today it's no longer a laughing matter.

Old 10-09-2008, 11:45 PM

1,258 posts, read 2,311,495 times
Quote:

McCain: Charles Keating, George W. Bush, U.S. Council for World Freedom
Palin: Alaska Independance Party

So whats your point there talk-radiot?

Old 10-09-2008, 11:46 PM

958 posts, read 2,132,826 times
Quote:

Well, he's excluded of course.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections