Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What best describes your feelings about the hate and ignorance seen at the McCain/Palin rallies
I'm voting for McCain/Palin and I agree with the people at the rallies. 24 16.00%
I'm a McCain/Palin supporter but I am embarassed and disgusted with what is going on. 5 3.33%
I'm an Obama/Biden supporter and am glad this is happening because it helps Obama. 12 8.00%
I'm an Obama/Biden supporter and I am embarassed and disgusted by this and feel bad for the non-radical Republicans. 109 72.67%
Voters: 150. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 06:46 AM

2,600 posts, read 2,331,708 times

Advertisements

Paling around with a former terrorist.
But was he at all?
when we think of terrorist, we usually think of people who wish to do harm to other people.
It's my opinion that Ayers was a radical who had a serious desire to protest and stop the vietnam war. It took many, many people, and their demonstrations of protest to bring an end to the conflict.
If people these days would have protested this Iraq war like they did in the 60's-70's, we'd probably see our troops coming home by now.
While Ayers was a radical, I really think that by Mr.Obama casually - professionally associating with him doesn't necessarily mean that Mr.Ayers positions or doings rubbed off onto Obama. If I shook the hand of Obama, the black of his skin wouldn't rub off onto my white skin. Guilt by association, is a poor stereotype, and it is not a fair assumption. I think that Palin first launched her attack of Mr. Obama, and painted him as a Arab Terrorist, (un-American) and so, people sometimes will follow like sheep. Only free thinking knowledgeable people who have open minds would dismiss such outlandish charges and innuendos. the sheep, or followers of the McCain campaign are exactly what skoro eluded to here, the fear factor. maybe it won't work this time around. maybe people will look at Mr.Obama's past, and recognize him for what he really is, a black man, a christian, a family man, a well educated man, a calm, cool and collected man that thinks before he acts, and a guy that may be more in tune with what Americans really want and need in a new president. I am more of a middle ground person, and would prefer an Independent Party person to vote for. Since there are none, Obama will receive my vote.
It's true, this '08 presidential campaign has been without a doubt the meanest, dirtiest, nastiest with false charges coming from the right, for as long as I can recall, at least 30+ years.
I really believe we (Americans) need a calmer, cooler head in Washington. Having a 6 gun sam for the past 8 years for a president hasn't done much good for America's image, or, for the American people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesomo.2000 View Post
^"Palin around with terrorist" is a long cry from "being on a board with a college professor who use to be a 60s radical".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2008, 07:10 AM

Default Poll Results

The poll results to me are not what I'd expected to see.
Just a little over 120 persons. I would have hoped that this thread and poll would have yielded thousands of respondents. With the numbers shown, it appears as if the poll and thread has yielded mostly views from the left, or, dare I type "liberal views"? Maybe the right wingers aren't posting here for fear of being ganged up on? I've posted in left wing threads here at city-data, and have seen some pretty caustic remarks posted. People seem to believe that Obama is, an arab terrorist, and one user even suggested that Obama be arrested.
I think the attacks on Mr.Obama were biased, baseless, unfounded and ignorant, and, the main reason for such attacks is because the right is trying anything out of sheer desparation to obtain control of the white house for another 4 years to further their unclear agenda.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Centaurmyst View Post
I wanted to make a poll to get an idea of how people feel about the stuff being reported regarding the hate and ignorance being seen from McCain/Palin supporters.

Old 10-14-2008, 09:00 AM

1,555 posts, read 1,983,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetclimber View Post
Before you call anyone ignorant and racist, you should look at about 15 or so obama robots on this site, you included
wow what an ridiculous, unfounded comeback.

Old 10-14-2008, 09:04 AM

1,555 posts, read 1,983,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renriq02 View Post
and obama's camp hasn't done anything wrong with attacking palin's beliefs?
Well, I dont think Obama's camp has done anything out of the ordinary re: Palin - all candidates get their beliefs and positions dissected. If she wasn't ready for that then she shouldn't have accepted.

Regarding the hate being spewed at On the republican side, this was NOT a matter of criticizing Obama's Beliefs or postions. this was blatant ASSASSINATION rhetoric. It is BEYOND "innapropriate" - I mean, it's inches away from an out-and-out death threat.

Old 10-14-2008, 09:13 AM

1,862 posts, read 3,349,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLDanford View Post
Well, I dont think Obama's camp has done anything out of the ordinary re: Palin - all candidates get their beliefs and positions dissected. If she wasn't ready for that then she shouldn't have accepted.

Regarding the hate being spewed at On the republican side, this was NOT a matter of criticizing Obama's Beliefs or postions. this was blatant ASSASSINATION rhetoric. It is BEYOND "innapropriate" - I mean, it's inches away from an out-and-out death threat.
Yes, "kill him" and "off with his head" are two of the comments made. This has nothing to do with his ideas. And, Palin did not stop the comments. The McCain campaign said something about it only after being asked.

Old 10-14-2008, 09:28 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,595,953 times
Default The hate-filled people at McCain/Palin rallies...what are your thoughts?

I feel like McCain and Palin have been courting the approval of hate-filled bigots recently. Now that the cat's out of the bag, they'll have a tough time getting it back in. McCain's legacy will be a big loss following a slimy campaign muddied by hate-mongering.

Too bad. He's had a positive image up until now.

As for the "low information" voters they've been attracting to their rallies, an old adage applies: There's no cure for stupid.

Old 10-14-2008, 07:53 PM

Default And, The Remarks Continue

After watching the Keith Olbemann show tonight on MSNBC, video clips were shown of Palin's crowd of campaign-goers, and people are still shouting-yelling, "kill him", and palin's response is NIL.
This activity disgusts me so much, it makes me sick to my stomach, to think, fellow Americans, want to kill a black presidential candidate.
If I were: the secret service, and/or a FBI agent, I would be filming and photographing these people, and identifying them for the files, in the event they try showing up at Obama rallies. believe me, I'd be watching these morons as closely as possible. if I were the FBI or Secret Service, I might even consider staking these people out, and watching their every move, possibly watching them 24/7.
It pisses me off, that no action has or is being taken by the candidates of the rallies that these morons attend. It also pisses me off that local law enforcement sits idley by, and does nothing, after all, it is a threat. believe me, if I told someone I was going to kill them, law enforcement would be knocking on my door. by niether candidate doing or saying nothing to the people making these moronic comments, they are in essence condoning the activity, and this is the part that makes me sick. I think if I were at a rally where someone blurted out this hate message, I would definitely confront the person doing it. Isn't there anyone that attends these rallies with at least 1/2 ounce of guts or brains? I hope McCain looses this election badly, I mean, really terribly. just because of the hate messages they are condoning. It must be true that McCain/Palin are in approval of these hate filled bigots. good post wade52, we can only hope and pray that these people are nothing more than people without brains and big mouths, and don't act on their threats.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
I feel like McCain and Palin have been courting the approval of hate-filled bigots recently. Now that the cat's out of the bag, they'll have a tough time getting it back in. McCain's legacy will be a big loss following a slimy campaign muddied by hate-mongering.

Too bad. He's had a positive image up until now.

As for the "low information" voters they've been attracting to their rallies, an old adage applies: There's no cure for stupid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections