Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What best describes your feelings about the hate and ignorance seen at the McCain/Palin rallies
I'm voting for McCain/Palin and I agree with the people at the rallies. 24 16.00%
I'm a McCain/Palin supporter but I am embarassed and disgusted with what is going on. 5 3.33%
I'm an Obama/Biden supporter and am glad this is happening because it helps Obama. 12 8.00%
I'm an Obama/Biden supporter and I am embarassed and disgusted by this and feel bad for the non-radical Republicans. 109 72.67%
Voters: 150. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2008, 01:04 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,632,232 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centaurmyst View Post
I wanted to make a poll to get an idea of how people feel about the stuff being reported regarding the hate and ignorance being seen from McCain/Palin supporters.
That elderly woman calling Obama an Arab represents serious ignorance and myopia.

I dont think everyone in their base can seriously be that blind and easily manipulated. If they are, its on McCain to call off pitbull Palin, she has nothing positve to say.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2008, 01:05 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,525,484 times
Quote:
This problem has been building for more than just 2 years. It's the result of Bush's spending money like a drunken sailor and his pandering to greedy corporations. Enron and Ken Lay ring any bells?
So the company starts in the 30's. Runs rampant for 70 years and is taken down on fraud charges in 2001 and somehow Bush isn't getting credit for it. Instead he is being blamed for it.

So far, there is no evidence that anyone in the Administration did anything wrong or that the half a million dollars that Lay and his fellow Enron executives invested in Bush's political career over the years bought them any special favors. But Bush knows he stands in the line of fire.

Louisiana Republican Billy Tauzin, chairman of the House Energy and Commerce Committee, the first to announce a formal congressional probe, has already sent investigators to the Houston offices of both Enron and its accounting firm, Arthur Andersen.

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/ar...193541,00.html

Last edited by BigJon3475; 10-11-2008 at 01:14 PM..

Old 10-11-2008, 01:06 PM

2,600 posts, read 2,330,382 times
Now that's a radical idea....
people, you need to get alligator skin!
oh, if you're an alligator, how are you going to keep yer balls from draggin' on the ground.
what a knothead?
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
It's the greatest thing that could have happened for the Obama camp. If McCain had ran a more respectable campaign from the beginning, you would be looking at a different outcome right now. If anything, Obama supporters should be thanking McCain's rough crowd.

This is an election. Who the hell cares about some petty name calling anyway? Grow some thick skin and a pair of balls.

Old 10-11-2008, 01:06 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,751,509 times
Quote:
He's not Obama's preacher anymore. Obama condemed those rants and severed his ties with Wright. Will McCain also condemn the radicals at his rallies and have them removed from his rallies?
MCcains not been listening to them for 20yrs now has he? They're just flys buzzing around anyhow. They won't require throwing under the buss like Rev Wrong got....

Old 10-11-2008, 01:10 PM

2,600 posts, read 2,330,382 times
Don't kid yourself, there's a great deal of brainwashed people who call themselves republicans or conservatives, and they listen to O'Reilly, Limbaugh, palin, and others to instill fear into the minds of the American public. It's called fear mongering.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
That elderly woman calling Obama an Arab represents serious ignorance and myopia.

I dont think everyone in their base can seriously be that blind and easily manipulated. If they are, its on McCain to call off pitbull Palin, she has nothing positve to say.

Old 10-11-2008, 01:12 PM

Quote:
I don't care for radicals from either side. sanrene...honestly...if you really do want McCain to have a chance you should stop being part of the problem. I saw something very similar play out when I lived in Vermont. Radical religious right people descended onto Vermont and spewed this same kind of hate around and it disgusted the people there so badly that Civil Unions support went from 30% to 70% in a very short period of time. The same thing is happening to McCain and those radicals are DESTROYING the man's long time reputation of being a decent, good guy. You're not doing him any favors...not at all.
For certain. He seemed almost pathetic trying to control that hate-filled crowd of people.

It is embarassing for ANY American with a conscience. Listening to some of those elderly people, one would think it was 1850. This is NOT something to be proud of.

Old 10-11-2008, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by highdesertmutz View Post
Don't kid yourself, there's a great deal of brainwashed people who call themselves republicans or conservatives, and they listen to O'Reilly, Limbaugh, palin, and others to instill fear into the minds of the American public. It's called fear mongering.
Scary. I try to give uneducated people the benefit of the doubt.

I guess some would rather turn on hate radio, rather than realize the American economy is tanking and we need positive answers, not hatred and prejudice right now.

Old 10-11-2008, 01:18 PM

808 posts, read 1,150,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
MCcains not been listening to them for 20yrs now has he? They're just flys buzzing around anyhow. They won't require throwing under the buss like Rev Wrong got....
If the Republican party is smart they will do everything they can to distance themselves from the crackpots. They always seem to have the loudest voices and really don't reflect very well on Republicans. I have seen Democrats go at each other and verbally spar between radical leftists and mainstream Democrats on other forums I've visited in the past. I don't often see mainstream Republicans stand up to the radicals in their party, though.

Old 10-11-2008, 01:22 PM

McCain and Palin have the responsibility to control the crowd when it becomes this incendiary and possibly violent. So far all I have seen her do is smirk in the background when someone yelled .."kill him"....

Doesnt exactly reflect well on her personality, IMO.

Old 10-11-2008, 02:03 PM

19,922 posts, read 11,059,328 times
What do I think? I think Congressman John Lewis was absolutely right ...

"What I am seeing reminds me too much of another destructive period in American history," Lewis said in a statement issued today. "Sen. McCain and Gov. Palin are sowing the seeds of hatred and division, and there is no need for this hostility in our political discourse."

Lewis didn't accuse McCain of imitating Wallace, but suggested there were similarities.

"George Wallace never threw a bomb," Lewis noted. "He never fired a gun, but he created the climate and the conditions that encouraged vicious attacks against innocent Americans who were simply trying to exercise their constitutional rights. Because of this atmosphere of hate, four little girls were killed on Sunday morning when a church was bombed in Birmingham, Alabama."

McCain, Palin and EVERY TROLL who agrees with their hate-mongering strategies should hang their heads in shame!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections