Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 12:20 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBredChicagoan View Post
Ok. Refresh my memory. Is she the spouse that wanted to secede from the US?

I know someone's spouse did. Boy, if she was in favor of that, it'd be REALLY obvious that she hates America....
Palin's spouse wants to secede. He's part of a militia.
Meet Sarah's Right Wing Pals: Sarah Palin's radical right-wing mentors | Salon News

Might want to look at her family if you're going to sling mud.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2008, 12:26 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,634,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLK706 View Post
I was about to make a comment saying I believe you when you say you are not racist. I was commenting on you stating that Obama is bad for the country because his wife gave a speech about black people or wrote a thesis on black students at her school. My comment was directed at everyone on this board including the OP that stated she hates America and whites, you seem to be joining in and I really feel that is a racist attitued. Obama and his wife do not hate America, they do not only care about black people. Caring about black people does not equal hating white people. I just don't get why this would bother you so much and I also can't believe you just said the whole democratic party feels this way. It makes you seem racist to have an issue with a non issue. Whatever happened at your one precint meeting doesn't really convince me either. That could have been anyone and they could have not called you back for many many reasons but you choose to assume why and label the whole party as only caring about black people.
I had to call the man to see if the person I had called was really right. He did not apologize. He laughed! I stayed with the Democratic Party for several years more. My decision to move to the Republican party was more than just that, but I see the same attitude that man had in the Obamas. I listened to Michelle Obama through an entire speech. I don't remember her mentioning his ever doing anything for anybody but black people. McCain and his wife have helped people all over the world.

Old 10-13-2008, 12:27 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,634,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBredChicagoan View Post
I understand your concerns, but I don't think Barack Obama is to blame for the behavior of your local politicians.
He and his friends act just like him.

Old 10-13-2008, 12:30 PM

1,535 posts, read 2,062,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
I saw for myself how Michelle Obama feels.
I don't care what you saw, what I am interested in is what exactly it was that she said, not paraphrases, interpretations but quotations.

Quote:
She was talking to a group of white people telling them how she and her husband plan to help black people.
Such as?

Quote:
And you are calling me a racist.
Not now, but I reserve the right to do so if and when you dissuade me to the contrary.

Quote:
America needs a president for all people of all races.
Couldn't agree more.

Quote:
I went to a Democrat precinct meeting and the black person running the meeting was also talking about what we were to ask the Democratic party to do for blacks.
Not a particularly strange or inappropriate question for any constituent group, or do you think that this is some sort of rare question?

Quote:
I guess the rest of us are just chopped liver and don't count.
If you say so.

Quote:
I started calling the names and the first person I called told me the meeting had been moved and I was giving out wrong information. The precinct head had not bothered to let me know that.
And this signifies what exactly? Are you claiming that the Obama campaign is trying to avoid encouraging whites to support his campaign?

Quote:
Yes, it is my opinion that the black people in America need to join the rest of America and not just be concerned about their own.
I'm getting close to invoking my previous reservation...

African Americans have been TRYING to join the rest of America for a bit over 350 years, it has only because of collective action, "looking out for their own" just like every damned other group one could name has done to advance in a society that has been adverse to that advancement. So, I'm not sure what you see as being the problem is in this case.

Quote:
They are the racists, not me.
Who is this they? Surely you aren't suggesting that African American's are for wanting to exert political power to advance issues and concerns unique to their community? Or are you?

Quote:
I care for all Americans. If I didn't care for black people, I wouldn't have bothered to post this. I would like to see an end to racism in America. It will take everybody, including blacks to get this accomplished.
Nice sentiment, sound right but something is missing.

Quote:
Obama is not the answer.
No Obama isn't THE answer. However an more balanced, and sophisticated analysis on your part would be a start.

Surely you aren't suggesting that McCain is?

Old 10-13-2008, 12:30 PM

1,286 posts, read 2,917,126 times
Michelle Obama Princeton Thesis

Old 10-13-2008, 12:33 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
He and his friends act just like him.
And you have links or some sort of proof other than "pulled out of thin air" to back your assertions?

Old 10-13-2008, 12:33 PM

1,535 posts, read 2,062,926 times
NCN

I look forward to reading your comments on the following:

AllHipHop.com Daily News - : McCain Advisor Dropped Over Racist 50/Ludacris/Obama Column

Old 10-13-2008, 12:56 PM

7,331 posts, read 15,389,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Palin's spouse wants to secede. He's part of a militia.
Meet Sarah's Right Wing Pals: Sarah Palin's radical right-wing mentors | Salon News

Might want to look at her family if you're going to sling mud.
(Just to clarify, I was, indeed, referencing potential "First Dude" Todd Palin.)

Old 10-13-2008, 01:14 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,468,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidicarus89 View Post
Ugh. Straight ticket voting. How I hate thee.
More like straight jacket...

Old 10-13-2008, 01:18 PM

25 posts, read 59,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAPTOR760 View Post
Obama's wife wrote a thesis for Princeton University and it was supposed to stay hidden until after the election, but it is out in the public now. In the thesis she states that America is founded on crime and hatred. She says that whites in America are ineradicably racist. She states that there is no doubt in her mind that as a member of the black community she is obligated to this community and will utilize all of her present and future resources to benefit the black community first and foremost. Obama told the leader of Iran in September 2008 that when he is elected he will take care of things. Our income tax now is way lower than it was when Clinton was President. Biden said he does not want to be Vice President. He said if he was asked he would run, but he did not want to be asked!! Obama is attempting to be planted in the White House just like those terrorists were planted in those cockpits. It will not work and Obama is going to lose!!! We need to get rid of the Democratic Congress and have a Republican President and a Republican Congress so we can help this country get out of the mess that the Democratic Congress put us in. Check out her thesis at Obamaprincetonthesis.wordpress.com/
Are you kidding me? It is the Republicans that brought us where we are! You Are NUTS!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections