Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What best describes your feelings about the hate and ignorance seen at the McCain/Palin rallies
I'm voting for McCain/Palin and I agree with the people at the rallies. 24 16.00%
I'm a McCain/Palin supporter but I am embarassed and disgusted with what is going on. 5 3.33%
I'm an Obama/Biden supporter and am glad this is happening because it helps Obama. 12 8.00%
I'm an Obama/Biden supporter and I am embarassed and disgusted by this and feel bad for the non-radical Republicans. 109 72.67%
Voters: 150. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2008, 09:04 AM

808 posts, read 1,149,254 times

Advertisements

I wanted to make a poll to get an idea of how people feel about the stuff being reported regarding the hate and ignorance being seen from McCain/Palin supporters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2008, 09:15 AM

8,943 posts, read 11,791,856 times
It's the greatest thing that could have happened for the Obama camp. If McCain had ran a more respectable campaign from the beginning, you would be looking at a different outcome right now. If anything, Obama supporters should be thanking McCain's rough crowd.

This is an election. Who the hell cares about some petty name calling anyway? Grow some thick skin and a pair of balls.

Old 10-11-2008, 09:22 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,535,610 times
I applaud John McCain for saying the other day that all this talk of "terrorist" is untrue.

However, he listened to his Karl Rove inspired advisors and created the problem in the first place.

Ignorance and racism is still strong in America. Just talk to McCain/Palin supporters.

Old 10-11-2008, 09:24 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,966,939 times
What about the hate-filled left at the McCain/Palin rallies? Or the hate-filled left that have called "W" a terrorist for years.

This is just a media/left effort to try to get the McCain campaign to back off it's criticism of obama and his connections, which are fair game.

Old 10-11-2008, 09:25 AM

1,286 posts, read 2,917,842 times
all i can say is, i know of a several pools as to how long it will be till obama is killed if he gets into office. i find this disturbing every time i hear this and get offered to join.

but me voting for mccain/palin isn't because i think he will do the best job or race related. i just think obama doesn't have any experience. i think his own democratic congress wont even pass anything he wants to do. i am voting for the lesser of 2 evils and a lot of people I know are doing the same.

Old 10-11-2008, 09:26 AM

2,915 posts, read 3,519,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
I applaud John McCain for saying the other day that all this talk of "terrorist" is untrue.

However, he listened to his Karl Rove inspired advisors and created the problem in the first place.

Ignorance and racism is still strong in America. Just talk to McCain/Palin supporters.
Before you call anyone ignorant and racist, you should look at about 15 or so obama robots on this site, you included

Old 10-11-2008, 09:26 AM

808 posts, read 1,149,254 times
One thing about this really irks me...our tax dollars are going to have to pay for more Secret Service to protect the Obamas because of this crap. What McCain and Palin have done in playing to fear and hatred is very dangerous. I wonder if they can be help legally and financially culpable if anything happens to Obama.

Old 10-11-2008, 09:27 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,535,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
What about the hate-filled left at the McCain/Palin rallies? Or the hate-filled left that have called "W" a terrorist for years.

We have created a terror filled killing zone in Iraq that has affected the lives of over 25 million people through violence and war and mayhem and murder.

This would not have happened if we did not invade their land, depose their leader and create the conditions that have led to hundreds of thousands of their people being killed.

Old 10-11-2008, 09:28 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,172,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post

His writers are probably right now hammering out a good strong "Peacemaker" speech for him - if they're not they're fools. If they are, he'll deliver it soon enough and in a black-humor twist worthy of Paddy Chayefsky he'll be celebrated for having stopped something he started and encouraged in the first place.

Old 10-11-2008, 09:29 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,966,939 times
Quote:
What McCain and Palin have done in playing to fear and hatred is very dangerous.
What have they done? Bring up obama's ties to Ayers?

Can you honestly say that if McCain had such a person in his past the obama campaign would not have used it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections