Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 02:45 PM

3,283 posts, read 5,207,534 times

Advertisements

Seriously, if you are voting for or considering voting for obama/biden then why? Which policies do you find attractive, where do you think they will land us in the longterm and what don't you like about the gop(please add the solution the dems have proposed in its place)?
this is for dems only. i just want to understand
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2008, 03:02 PM

418 posts, read 708,445 times
or...why would anyone vote for Republican either? Why not 3rd party to break the monopoly of two near similar parties. Why not a candidate like Ron Paul, Bob Barr or Ralph Nader? How about candidates who want to get back to the Constitution and solve the messes we are in. Start with the Federal Reserve.

Old 10-14-2008, 06:00 PM

820 posts, read 1,202,995 times
I'm not voting for Obama /Biden , but I have voted for Blue Dog Democrats on a regular basis in the past.

Both parties have their extremists: radical republicans favor the rich, radical democrats are social fascists who hate America and individual freedoms.

Old 10-14-2008, 06:12 PM

1,137 posts, read 2,280,809 times
I'm tired of this war being defended as a "good cause". Obama plans to bring the Iraq War to a responsible end.
The healthcare crisis needs solving. FactCheck.org has said that Obama's plan would cover more people in need of healthcare.
The american people are the base of our economy, rather than giving huge corporations tax breaks, Obama will give considerable tax breaks to the vast majority of the middle and lower class.
Obama shares my belief that the silent treatment is not an effective foreign policy, and talks with our enemies may end conflicts without so much as raising one's voice.

There are plenty of reasons to vote Democratic.

Old 10-14-2008, 06:13 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,278,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Adam29 View Post
I'm tired of this war being defended as a "good cause". Obama plans to bring the Iraq War to a responsible end.
The healthcare crisis needs solving. FactCheck.org has said that Obama's plan would cover more people in need of healthcare.
The american people are the base of our economy, rather than giving huge corporations tax breaks, Obama will give considerable tax breaks to the vast majority of the middle and lower class.
Obama shares my belief that the silent treatment is not an effective foreign policy, and talks with our enemies may end conflicts without so much as raising one's voice.

There are plenty of reasons to vote Democratic.
Ditto.

Old 10-14-2008, 06:14 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,171,415 times
Because I can see and consider the big picture. I am not in favor of abortion but I can see that it is not the government's place to make that choice for me. Because I know that not all poor people are lazy and expecting handouts. I know that a lot of people work long, hard hours, and can't make ends meet in this economy. I believe in helping those in need. I would rather my taxes go toward health care than the occupation of Iraq. Because I don't believe that morals can be legislated. Because democrats are for the middle class.

What I don't understand is how, after the last 8 years, anyone could be voting republican.

Old 10-14-2008, 06:16 PM

3,645 posts, read 4,926,438 times
They vote that way because they won't or can't think for themselves and they want freebies from the government and they are JEALOUS of anyone who makes it in this country.

Old 10-14-2008, 06:16 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbear48 View Post
I'm not voting for Obama /Biden , but I have voted for Blue Dog Democrats on a regular basis in the past.

Both parties have their extremists: radical republicans favor the rich, radical democrats are social fascists who hate America and individual freedoms.

Social fascists?

Is that what your mentors at FOX News call "radical" Democrats?

And I wonder what you consider "radical", those who oppose lying the country into a disastrous and deadly war in Iraq?

Old 10-14-2008, 06:17 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,531,593 times
Have you been in a coma for the past 8 years?

Old 10-14-2008, 06:20 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
They vote that way because they won't or can't think for themselves and they want freebies from the government and they are JEALOUS of anyone who makes it in this country.

We vote Democrat because we have common sense and want common sense solutions. We believe in science and using science for the common good. We believe in justice for all, even for those making less than 250K a year. We believe in honor and we dont believe anyone should be tortured. We believe in alternative energy sources instead of a crippling dependence on foreign oil. We believe our tax dollars should be used to rebuild America and not inventing threats to start wars halfway around the world.

And thats just for starters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections